#1 Posted by KINCARTS_WIFE (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Until I met my husband I had never read a comic (gasp), but he is such a huge fan and continually would fill me in on story lines and the latest happenings on all of his favorites that I thought I should try to read a few also. This proved to be extremely overwhelming and I quickly gave up. He had boxes and boxes of past issues for me to go through and pick from. I felt lost and unsure of most character histories. So, I am thankful for the reboot in the DC world (even though I have heard all the reasons why it was such a bad idea). I am hoping it really is a fresh start where people can actually get into these stories. I have always been fascinated with Wonder Woman and have read the first three of her new book ( and have really enjoyed it so far). What do you think the best book to read is, and is there any back issues a person would have to read to understand the character or the book? ( can be DC or Marvel- although I am sure my husband would prefer you all pick DC.)

#2 Posted by danhimself (21896 posts) - - Show Bio

you should pick up some Walking Dead trades

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINCARTS_WIFE: I too am extremely grateful for the new 52 relaunch :) Batman is really good. As is Wonder Woman and i’ve heard that Batwoman and Supergirl are superb as well. So basically, i’d say go for Batman, Wonder Woman and Batwoman. Cool! Oh and by Batman, not Batman and Robin or any variant thereof, just simply Batman, i’m really enjoying it :)

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (56839 posts) - - Show Bio

Women are usually fond of the Fables. It's Vertigo so it counts as DC.
BB

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Women are usually fond of the Fables. It's Vertigo so it counts as DC.
BB

when he says women, he means men and women whereas usually comics just appeal to men (or so I've heard, though I don't often read those comics myself)

Moderator
#7 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Tower is pretty good

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (56839 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

Women are usually fond of the Fables. It's Vertigo so it counts as DC.
BB

when he says women, he means men and women whereas usually comics just appeal to men (or so I've heard, though I don't often read those comics myself)

pffft only women read Fables.
BB

#9 Posted by zombietag (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

everybody loves Runaways, thats one of the only comics my gf really likes reading.

ultimate spider-man seems to be a good place to start with superhero books if you dont want to be overwhelmed by past history.

and yeah, the reboot is good too. batman has been awesome so far.

#10 Posted by Superguy0009e (2258 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

Women are usually fond of the Fables. It's Vertigo so it counts as DC.
BB

when he says women, he means men and women whereas usually comics just appeal to men (or so I've heard, though I don't often read those comics myself)

pffft only women read Fables.
BB

lol