What if the Reapers Invaded the DC Universe?

• 98 results
Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What if the Reapers from Mass Effect invaded the DC Universe? How would they be stopped, if they can be stopped? This is a scenario I've always thought about.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

The Reapers would be a walk in the park for the DCU.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yes they can be stopped...by Batman alone

Haha jk, but the DCU does have alot of powerhouses (and I'm not just talking about brute strength characters like Superman) that could get the job done, it wouldn't be the first time a massive alien invasion occured in the DCU

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stopped via Batman contingency plan for a Reaper invasion of DC Universe. I think it is contingency plan 6,493,703 or 42.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One ISD can do the trick :D

But yeah a ton of people could solo easy. Luthor could probably pull it off alone. Not just Bats.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I think it would take the combine intellect of a broad range of superior geniuses in the DC Universe to first discover what these things are and then find a weakness, which would all take time. Especially without help from the Protheans. Finally, IF they found way to stop them, it would take another Infinite Crisis-level event (which would hurt our wallets), to stop these sentient machines…

Hmmm… Now I really want to see this.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That would be so SWEET! However, I already now how it ends, Batman planned for this, comes up with a plan, and Superman uses his powers to defy logic and stops "holding back," and lastly the rest of the DC Verse is there.

You know like always, Batman steals the show, Superman gets a major cameo, and the DC Verse is in the background. (+)

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gordyman

You sure about that? I don't even think they've faced anything like the Reapers before. You also have to add in indoctrination as well: They could easily indoctrinate a couple villains and make them do their bidding.

But yeah a ton of people could solo easy. Luthor could probably pull it off alone. Not just Bats.

It would take the entire DC Universe to stop the Reapers. I don't think anyone could solo.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@gordyman said:

@immortal777 said:

You sure about that? I don't even think they've faced anything like the Reapers before. You also have to add in indoctrination as well: They could easily indoctrinate a couple villains and make them do their bidding.

@heinrich7 said:

It would take the entire DC Universe to stop the Reapers. I don't think anyone could solo.

No Caption Provided

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@gordyman said:

@immortal777 said:

@heinrich7 said:

No Caption Provided

I don't even mean just the JLA either. I mean literally every single character that exists in DC Comics: heroes, villains, etc.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarthAznable

Superman solos.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: I don't have to add in anything the Reapers have never faced anything like the DCU a universe filled with high lvl magic, matter, energy and reality warpers.

The idea that no one from DC could solo is ridiculous.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gordyman

@immortal777 said:

@gordyman: I don't have to add in anything the Reapers have never faced anything like the DCU a universe filled with high lvl magic, matter, energy and reality warpers.

The idea that no one from DC could solo is ridiculous.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm saying no one could solo except for a few entities. Indoctrination would be a key factor if the Reapers ever invaded the DCU.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zaied

DC Universe has guys like Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Superman, etc. and then you have the likes of Mxyzptlk, Darkseid, and others of that stature. Shepard would be pretty jealous to say the least.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: Indoctrination wouldn't even be a concern the Reapers would already be wiped out.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman solos.

Literally any powerhouse of DC could solo, Green Lantern alone could end this threat. Also Indoctrination wouldn't matter since It shows visible effects and DC has alot of geniuses that could devise countermeasures against mind control. Plus there are also High-Level telepaths in the DC Universe. Add that alot of these powerhouses have also shown to be able to resist mind control to some degree.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato said:

Superman solos.

Literally any powerhouse of DC could solo, Green Lantern alone could end this threat. Also Indoctrination wouldn't matter since It shows visible effects and DC has alot of geniuses that could devise countermeasures against mind control. Plus there are also High-Level telepaths in the DC Universe. Add that alot of these powerhouses have also shown to be able to resist mind control to some degree.

The Green Lanterns got smashed by Superboy-Prime and Imperiex, they wouldn't stand a chance by themselves. Superman couldn't do it by himself either. People who are indoctrinated don't even realize it, meaning you can't really resist it unless you have sufficient willpower.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: And what does the Green Lantern ring work on?

Superboy-Prime and Imperiex beat the Green Lanterns? Okay, they did, are you telling me the Reapers can beat these two?

And we don't even know if Indoctrination will work on the more powerful beings.

Plus, it's not like the supervillians are gonna let them Reapers walk all over their territory.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Saren
Problem solved
Problem solved

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman said:

@potato said:

Superman solos.

The Green Lanterns got smashed by Superboy-Prime and Imperiex, they wouldn't stand a chance by themselves. Superman couldn't do it by himself either. People who are indoctrinated don't even realize it, meaning you can't really resist it unless you have sufficient willpower.

There really isn't a reason Superman couldn't do it by himself, given that no Reaper has demonstrated the ability to even hurt him. And Clark's willpower feats are a helluva lot more impressive than anything anyone in the Mass Effect universe has ever pulled off, without even taking into account the fact that indoctrination takes days to weeks ----- with Clark's speed and strength, he could probably fly through every single Reaper in about an hour.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gordyman

@potato said:

@gordyman: And what does the Green Lantern ring work on?

Superboy-Prime and Imperiex beat the Green Lanterns? Okay, they did, are you telling me the Reapers can beat these two?

And we don't even know if Indoctrination will work on the more powerful beings.

Plus, it's not like the supervillians are gonna let them Reapers walk all over their territory.

1. In a fight between the Green Lantern Corps against an army of Reapers, the Green Lanterns will lose. The Reapers simply have better firepower. In ME3, it took the entire galaxy to fight the reapers; and it still wasn't enough. Imagine what would happen to the Green Lantern Corps.

2. An army of thousands of reapers (not even counting husks, collectors, banshees, Geth, etc.) vs. them individually - Yes

3. The Reapers indoctrinated entire races into doing their bidding.

4. Of course not, but a lot of people are going to die before the Reapers are defeated.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
Problem solved
Problem solved

This.Also beat me to it (Not with the picture but the character)

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gordyman
@saren said:

@gordyman said:

@potato said:

Superman solos.

There really isn't a reason Superman couldn't do it by himself, given that no Reaper has demonstrated the ability to even hurt him. And Clark's willpower feats are a helluva lot more impressive than anything anyone in the Mass Effect universe has ever pulled off, without even taking into account the fact that indoctrination takes days to weeks ----- with Clark's speed and strength, he could probably fly through every single Reaper in about an hour.

Superman, as powerful as he is, isn't soloing an army of flying death machines. One individual Reaper, with significant effort, could probably go down. But thousands? I just don't see it happening. Put the Reapers' weaponry into play here, unless the DC heroes can build something more powerful than anything the Reapers could attack with; they're going to have serious trouble.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: As I recall,Superman's phantom zone projector can open up to celestial objects like moons and stuff so that's an easy ticket out.Having the elite lanterns putting up a shield,each capable of holding off supernova's,that the Reapers can't go through and I believe J'onn can TP the Reapers as well.Or as simple as Saren put it:Cyborg Superman

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC without even trying

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman said:
@saren said:

@gordyman said:

@potato said:

Superman solos.

Superman, as powerful as he is, isn't soloing an army of flying death machines. One individual Reaper, with significant effort, could probably go down. But thousands? I just don't see it happening. Put the Reapers' weaponry into play here, unless the DC heroes can build something more powerful than anything the Reapers could attack with; they're going to have serious trouble.

Sure he is. You've got a guy who can survive an exploding star on one end, and an army of flying death machines who don't have that level of firepower on the other. You've got a guy who can shoot lasers as hot as the sun on one end, and an army of flying death machines who'd all get sliced in half by that kind of firepower on the other. The Reapers really aren't anything that special compared to the things Superman alone has faced.

This really isn't a fair scenario; the DCU is incalculably more powerful and advanced than the Mass Effect universe. Conquering a galaxy that, even combined, is weaker than DC Earth alone doesn't really make much of a difference.

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought armor superman solos, silver age superman sneezes, superman one million solos, any spectrum entity solos, madrakk solos, antimonitor can solo. Micahel should be able to solo, Lucifer solos, given about 10 minutes wally west could solo(5 minutes can be about 25 years to him). Yea..... DC takes this easily

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

@gordyman: 1. A single Green Lantern has enough firepower to clean entire swathes of Reapers. The power ring is one of, if not the most powerful weapons in the Galaxy.

2. Superboy-Prime survived the Big Crunch of a Universe for God's Sake, If you're telling me the Reapers are going to be able to destroy a being that survived something that destroys everthing then you're gonna have a bad time.

3. Those races are like ants to the beings in DC, even the standard humans there have durability feats that would put Shepard to shame (Massive G-forces coming from the abrupt stop of being grabbed whilst falling and still living.)

4. Nope, they won't reach a single planet before they all die. This is a stomp.

5. DC universe doesn't need to build any weapons, they already have weapons much more powerful than the reapers could hope to comprehend. And it's not like they'll need these weapons anyways (Aside from the lanterns.)

Edit: Grammar mistake.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato said:

@gordyman: 1. A single Green Lantern has enough firepower to clean entire swathes of Reapers. The power ring is one of, if not the most powerful weapons in the Galaxy.

2. Superboy-Prime survived the Big Crunch of a Universe for God's Sake, If you're telling me the Reapers are going to be able to destroy a being that survived something that destroys everthing then you're gonna have a bad time.

3. Those races are like ants to the beings in DC, even the standard humans there have durability feats that would put Shepard to shame (Massive G-forces coming from the abrupt stop of being grabbed whilst falling and still living.)

4. Nope, they won't reach a single planet before they all die. This is a stomp.

5. DC universe doesn't need to build any weapons, they already have weapons much more powerful than the reapers could hope to comprehend. And it's not like they'll need these weapons anyways (Aside from the lanterns.)

Edit: Grammar mistake.

1. All it would take is one blast of a Reaper's main cannon to evaporate every single Green Lantern.

2. Then again, Prime might be able to stop them. Not by himself though.

3. True.

4. Yea they will.

5. Guess your right.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would take some doing on the part of DC.

Your first obvious line of defense, The Green Lantern Corps, would get squashed and slaughtered by the Reapers. After that, who's to say they can't indoctrinate every hero they run across?

It would take prime, or intervention from the Spectre/Presence to stop them, imo.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday & the Black Lantern Corps alone (No Nekron) would stop the Reapers imo.

Add the high level Reality warpers & Magic Users & it would be a stomp imo.

DC for the win.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By reaverlation

@gordyman: 1.No they wouldn't. Lanterns have taken planetary explosions and supernovas.That's way above the Reapers damage output.

2.Prime would slaughter the Reapers alone

4.I've been talking about just the Elite Lanterns of Earth.A handful of Lanterns contained a galaxy busting explosion. The Lanterns would demolish the Reapers into scrap metal

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chaos Prime

@gordyman: 1.No they wouldn't. Lanterns have taken planetary explosions and supernovas.That's way above the Reapers damage output.

2.Prime would slaughter the Reapers alone

4.I've been talking about just the Elite Lanterns of Earth.A handful of Lanterns contained a galaxy busting explosion. The Lanterns would demolish the Reapers into scrap metal

Kyle Rayner alone was able to contain some of the worst foes in his Lantern Prison & he was on Earth while his Lantern Prison was in space!! Thats just one GL.

I agree with u add the other Heavy Hitters Like Alan Scott & Agent Orange & DC imo shouldnt have too many problems here.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'd make for a pretty good read honestly lol. Really though the DCU would win, not incredibly easily, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to them.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gordyman

@reaverlation said:

How do you figure it's above their damage output? In addition, if they can tank supernovas; why did they have trouble with Prime and Imperiex? The Green Lanterns would get annihilated by the Reapers.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By reaverlation

@rd189: Saren already covered the indoctrination and how 1 being would solo The Reapers.DC Earth alone would crush them

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By reaverlation

@gordyman: Really?Prime and Imperiex?Either of these 2 would slaughter the Reapers especially Imperiex.Lanterns are above the Reapers paygrade.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: Because Superboy-Prime is so powerful he survived a big crunch?

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What's the scenario then? Are Reapers being dropped right outside Earth's orbit or what?

If I'm no mistaken, each sector is a galaxy, right? There's only 4 GLs in our own sector - having the entire GL core is something that's supposed to patrol the known DC universe.

Unless the Reapers have some feats that put their durability higher than a moon, Superman literally just flies through each one rather easily. While the GLs just clean up. Also, if we are talking bout the entire DC universe, we have to take into account the other Lantern Corps. As well as the other powerhouses.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gordyman

@hart7668 said:

What's the scenario then? Are Reapers being dropped right outside Earth's orbit or what?

If I'm no mistaken, each sector is a galaxy, right? There's only 4 GLs in our own sector - having the entire GL core is something that's supposed to patrol the known DC universe.

Unless the Reapers have some feats that put their durability higher than a moon, Superman literally just flies through each one rather easily. While the GLs just clean up. Also, if we are talking bout the entire DC universe, we have to take into account the other Lantern Corps. As well as the other powerhouses.

The scenario is pretty much the same as Mass Effect: The DC Universe has become too advanced, and the Reapers are sent by some entity to annihilate all organic life.

Some of the most powerful ships in the galaxy weren't even enough to destroy the Reapers in Mass Effect 3. It took a concentrated effort to destroy just one (Sovereign) in Mass Effect 1.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'd be stopped before they even reach Earth. There's just too many powerful forces across the DC Universe to account for and I doubt the Reapers could clear through them to make it to our planet (New Gods, all of the lantern corps, Reach, etc.). Even if they did make it to Earth, the Reaper's forces would be worn too thin from all the fighting and that'll make it so much easier for all of DC's heavy hitters to wipe out the remains.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gordyman

@reaverlation said:

@gordyman: Really?Prime and Imperiex?Either of these 2 would slaughter the Reapers especially Imperiex.Lanterns are above the Reapers paygrade.

They probably could, the Lanterns can't. Without the help of every single character in the DCU, the Lanterns don't stand a chance.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

They'd be stopped before they even reach Earth. There's just too many powerful forces across the DC Universe to account for and I doubt the Reapers could clear through them to make it to our planet (New Gods, all of the lantern corps, Reach, etc.). Even if they did make it to Earth, the Reaper's forces would be worn too thin from all the fighting and that'll make it so much easier for all of DC's heavy hitters to wipe out the remains.

If someone were to actually write this story, what would be the odds of DC's entities intervening to save a bunch of mortals? New Gods could definitely stop the Reapers, it would take an intergalactic effort to stop them.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would lose easily

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato said:

@gordyman: Because Superboy-Prime is so powerful he survived a big crunch?

I don't know what you're responding to.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: You clearly lack knowledge on Lanterns.Kyle himself can destroy most of them on his own.He has blown up planets with his hits and create planets and durable enough to tank nukes,planetary explosions,attacks that destroyed solar systems, supernovas,and black holes.Him and Hal would clean house.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gordyman

@reaverlation said:

@gordyman: You clearly lack knowledge on Lanterns.Kyle himself can destroy most of them on his own.He has blown up planets with his hits and create planets and durable enough to tank nukes,planetary explosions,attacks that destroyed solar systems, supernovas,and black holes.Him and Hal would clean house.

Reapers are galaxy busters.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: LMAO.No they aren't. I've played the entire trilogy and the Reapers are nowhere even close to that level and I mean nowhere close

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gordyman

@reaverlation said:

@gordyman: LMAO.No they aren't. I've played the entire trilogy and the Reapers are nowhere even close to that level and I mean nowhere close

The series is literally about stopping them from annihilating the galaxy, again. If the Lanterns couldn't stop Prime by themselves, then they don't stand a chance against an army of Reapers. A lot of people would die before the Reapers were finally destroyed.