What if Sentry went to the DC Universe?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rell127

What would happened if Sentry went to the DC Universe threw a Dimensional rift?

He is at his height of his power.

The Void comes along with him.

Who would be his friends, who would be his enemies?

What City would he be protecting?

Would him and Superboy Prime understand each other?

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By super_psycho

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@super_psycho said:

This.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

You know the new kid that everyone makes fun of and beats on.....yeah, it would be something like that

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By difficlus

@super_psycho said:

lol

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Alot of people would hate hinm or just not care for him that much, i think Superman would ACTAULY kinda like hin. Not sure about batman, i could see 2 possibilitys here and one is him thinking Sentry is batshit crazy (which he is). I think the JLA as a whole would have mixed opinions about him, and he would probrably be friends with superboy prime. Darkseid and Lex would both see him as a potential slave to do their dirty work, and the green lanterns probrably wouldn't like him too much caus he kinda gives off this yellow energy when he gets too stressed out or ust whenever he wants, yah know?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think if he was at DC Bendis would not have been writing him and his character wouldn't have been totally wrecked so he would be pretty cool.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By PikminMania

I think he may end up like Mark Anteaus...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Primmaster64
@super_psycho said:

this
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

He'd be killed off.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rell127

I think Sentry would give Supes a run for his money. Plus Sentry can just give off Krytonite energy if he wanted to. Sentry has the potential to be on the Living Tribal level. Sentry does have more powers than Supes. Plus Sentry could just mind wipe him. Sentry would whip alot of ass in the DCU. He would also get his ass handed to him as well. I also think Sentry would fully unlock all his powers to their full extent.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By azza04

Supes would whoop his ass all the way back through the dimensional rift.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rell127

@azza04: His powers aren't like Supes. Supes couldn't hang with him. Remember Sentry has a larger power set. Hell he can manipulate Molecules to what he see's fit. Supes can't resurrect himself from nothing Sentry can. Sentry is basically above Gods. His only Competition would be the Living Tribal and the one above them all. Sentry never fully allowed all his powers to come out all out once to fight someone. I mean Sentry powers alone are amazing plus the Void's powers. I mean come on . Add all his powers vs all Supes powers into plus Supes can't win. If Supes would have a problem with a fully powered Captain Marvel in his Shazaam state. Sentry has Tangled with the likes of Glactus to a stand still.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman
@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.
monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By monarch2016

@Rell127 said:

@azza04: His powers aren't like Supes. Supes couldn't hang with him. Remember Sentry has a larger power set. Hell he can manipulate Molecules to what he see's fit. Supes can't resurrect himself from nothing Sentry can. Sentry is basically above Gods. His only Competition would be the Living Tribal and the one above them all. Sentry never fully allowed all his powers to come out all out once to fight someone. I mean Sentry powers alone are amazing plus the Void's powers. I mean come on . Add all his powers vs all Supes powers into plus Supes can't win. If Supes would have a problem with a fully powered Captain Marvel in his Shazaam state. Sentry has Tangled with the likes of Glactus to a stand still.

fanboy at his max

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rell127

@baron2011: Lets be honest look at everything Sentry has done in either his Void form or Sentry Form . Then lets look at everything Supes has done and could do. Does Supes have a chance?

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By emperorznb

Then Sentry would be really cool coz Bendis can't touch him.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chibio
No Caption Provided
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Saren

@super_psycho said:

Thissity this.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By EdBlank

Sentry IS Superman. Just likeevery other lazy minded writer the guy who made up Sentry said "What if Superman was [like this]?" Hancock, Sentry, and all the Superman ripoffs came out of a conversation just like that. "What if Superman was mean?" "What if Superman was crazy?" "What if Superman was pure evil?" So whatever. I have an idea: "What if you wrote something ORIGINAL?"

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CODYSF

@super_psycho:

epic win for Superman.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rell127

@EdBlank: Every Super hero has similarities. If that's the case No one is original. Matter of fact Captain Marvel is Superman that's a child. Blue beetle is a high tech spider-man. Doom Force is a cheap rip off of X-men. Aqua-Man is weaker version of Namor. The list goes on. The creation of Sentry has some influences from Superman but he is a totally different character with distinct personality.

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By monarch2016

@Rell127 said:

@baron2011: Lets be honest look at everything Sentry has done in either his Void form or Sentry Form . Then lets look at everything Supes has done and could do. Does Supes have a chance?

superman has done more

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By EdBlank

@Rell27: I agree that writers are copying the ideas of earlier writers. What about my statement made you think I like Shazam but not Sentry? I hate all of it. I am a rapper and we have a word for it: biting. Biting is forever wack.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rell127

@baron2011: So Superman made an erased an entire planet memory of him? Can Supes bring back someone from the dead because he just thinks it? Can Supes fight Glactus to a Stand Still?

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vincent92

@Rell127 said:

What would happened if Sentry went to the DC Universe threw a Dimensional rift?

He is at his height of his power.

The Void comes along with him.

Who would be his friends, who would be his enemies?

What City would he be protecting?

Would him and Superboy Prime understand each other?

I don't think anyone would be friends with him at first, but somone like flash would probably be nice to him, he would probably have many enemys because the fact that his powers pretty much do anything, batman would not trust him because of how his worst enemy is himself and powers that sentry has would make it difficult for batman to find a weakness that would put him down if he ever went rogue.

the city would probably be some place that dosen't hav many heroes cause if you put in a place like metropolis or keystone city then he would make those heroes there useless since his power is beyond any criminal or low level villian.

he probably have some kind of understanding but there is a difference with the two: prime wants to be superman and simply be in his home earth, while sentry has mental problems and just wants to be helpful to others but isn't always in his right mind.

if this was in the new 52 then it would be hard for him to be a hero since most people don't trust heroes and sentrys powers will probably make people fear him more then like him, stormwatch will also think of as threat because of his powers are great than both superman and apollo so it would be hard for him to fit in since no one will really trust him and everybody will be watching him which would probably stress him out and make the void become a bigger problem and with no one to councel him through it he could turn into a villian

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

I think if Sentry went to DC then he would not be such powerful as he is now. In Marvel he also has a God like status. In DC he would not. He also would not be so much loved as he is now and he is too similar to Superman

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rell127

I think Sentry would be feared if he was in the DCU.

Main reason are they can't any weak points on him. His Void persona's powers. He isn't all there and could snap killing Billions at a moment notice.

His powers are very different for instance he could do whatever he wanted just as long he willed it. Someone like Batman would look at him as a liability. Superman would try to befriend him but end up fighting him.

I think Lexx would manipulate him like Osborn did just better.

I think all the heroes and villians would team up on him. I think he would make all the Lanterns very nervous.

I also think him and Superboy Prime would be the best of friends/ enemies like how Charles and Erik are.

Also remember Sentry can only die if he wants to. If he doesn't want to well DC is out of luck.

I do think he would be the only one who would destroy Doomsday body completely. I also think the only Super man that could beat him would be the kingdom come version.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sir_Deadpool said:

I think if Sentry went to DC then he would not be such powerful as he is now. In Marvel he also has a God like status. In DC he would not. He also would not be so much loved as he is now and he is too similar to Superman

He has a god like status because of the potential of his abilities. That potential wouldn't change in DC. If Sentry wasn't mentally unstable he would be one of the most powerful characters in any universe.
Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skyfire

@super_psycho said:

Is it just me or is this posted in every thread involving the Sentry?

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rell127

@Skyfire:

I see it all the time it's almost as if every Superman fan feels they have show hey look Supes beats him . Even tho they never actually met ever.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@EdBlank said:

Sentry IS Superman. Just likeevery other lazy minded writer the guy who made up Sentry said "What if Superman was [like this]?" Hancock, Sentry, and all the Superman ripoffs came out of a conversation just like that. "What if Superman was mean?" "What if Superman was crazy?" "What if Superman was pure evil?" So whatever. I have an idea: "What if you wrote something ORIGINAL?"

This

&

Who needs Sentry in DC with Supes, Captain Marvel, Steel, Bizarro, etc.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Rell127 said:

Doom Force is a cheap rip off of X-men.

I think you mean Doom Patrol and it's the other way around.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hadrelius

Because of what gives him his power, he would be a threat just like he was for Marvel. But DC does have greater power sets to deal with him.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rell127

@Alpha: Just because they are stronger doesn't mean they can deal with him. I just think If Sentry were to reach his full potential it would have to be in the DCU. He would get put to his Max.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hoboseid

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Hoboseid said:

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

This is a extremely moronic pic and is always posted by people who know nothing more about Sentry than what Bendis tried to force on every one. 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Saren

@spiderbat87 said:

@Hoboseid said:

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

This is a extremely moronic pic and is always posted by people who know nothing more about Sentry than what Bendis tried to force on every one.

Having read practically everything Sentry has appeared in, I can attest that this is an accurate representation.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Hoboseid said:

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

This is a extremely moronic pic and is always posted by people who know nothing more about Sentry than what Bendis tried to force on every one.

Having read practically everything Sentry has appeared in, I can attest that this is an accurate representation.

I'm not talking about a Sentry Vs Superman situation (which would pan out much the same as a Captain Atom VS Superman fight IMO) I mean it's always posted by people who hate the Sentry but know very little about him and that the only reason for there hate is that it's "cool" to dislike him.
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dernman
@spiderbat87 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Hoboseid said:

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

I'm not talking about a Sentry Vs Superman situation (which would pan out much the same as a Captain Atom VS Superman fight IMO) I mean it's always posted by people who hate the Sentry but know very little about him and that the only reason for there hate is that it's "cool" to dislike him.
I read most of of Sentry's stuff and I still  don't like him. If I was worried by what was "cool" I wouldn't like the majority of the characters that I do.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Saren

@spiderbat87 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Hoboseid said:

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

I'm not talking about a Sentry Vs Superman situation (which would pan out much the same as a Captain Atom VS Superman fight IMO) I mean it's always posted by people who hate the Sentry but know very little about him and that the only reason for there hate is that it's "cool" to dislike him.

I'm not talking about a Sentry vs Superman situation either. I'm talking about the general sentiment that Sentry is a Superman knock-off who had a mental condition tossed in to make him "edgy". As a character, he's dull as ditchwater. Always has been.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Hoboseid said:

@Dernman said:

@JediXMan said:
@super_psycho said:

This.
Oh I really like this.

perfect

I'm not talking about a Sentry Vs Superman situation (which would pan out much the same as a Captain Atom VS Superman fight IMO) I mean it's always posted by people who hate the Sentry but know very little about him and that the only reason for there hate is that it's "cool" to dislike him.

I'm not talking about a Sentry vs Superman situation either. I'm talking about the general sentiment that Sentry is a Superman knock-off who had a mental condition tossed in to make him "edgy". As a character, he's dull as ditchwater. Always has been.

I respectfully disagree 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Saren

@spiderbat87 said:

I respectfully disagree

Cool. That's your prerogative.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dernman
@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I respectfully disagree

Sorry couldn't help myself.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Saren

@Dernman said:

@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I respectfully disagree

LOL. This song was what drove me to find a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word all those years ago.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dernman
@CitizenBane said:

@Dernman said:

@CitizenBane said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I respectfully disagree

LOL. This song was what drove me to find a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word all those years ago.

ya every time I hear the word I think of that song. :p
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Sentry was just Marvel's way of saying "We can do Superman but better and not a goody two-shoes"

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Stronger

@JediXMan said:

@super_psycho said:

This.

This

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@EdBlank said:
@Rell27: I agree that writers are copying the ideas of earlier writers. What about my statement made you think I like Shazam but not Sentry? I hate all of it. I am a rapper and we have a word for it: biting. Biting is forever wack.
You do know it was Superman that copied Captain Marvels powers?
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@spiderbat87 said:

@EdBlank said:
You do know it was Superman that copied Captain Marvels powers?

No, They have 2 different powers and Supes was before Captain Marvel