What if - New/Old Characters

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

Alright so am I the only person tired of Reboots, Relaunches, Retconning, or Stomping on Established Comicbook history and characters?

I get they need to get their product to a new younger audience and trust me I understand when you go to a store and see something like Spiderman #650 on the shelf, you do not want to pick it up because that large of a number means there are 650 issues of backstory your not in on.

So while I understand it and it has its purpose I despise it.
Superman needed a reboot really? If you know the Origin you are pretty much set to go picking up any of his comics at the start of an arc and now adays they have brief retellings in the first pages.
Batman is the same way, know the origin and know he had other robins and you are good to go.

Would you rather they reboot a franchise like Batman and Superman OR bring out a new or rebooted ancient character? Like Jade (Daughter of the original Green Lantern) or bring up characters from ancient obscurity to the modern age. I recently began Roleplaying as a modernized Thesson Son of the Gods, a character first published in 1940 two years after Superman has most of the same powers but was the reincarnation of Theseus (Guy who killed the Minotaur for those of you not in the know) and gifted with a ring that gave him super powers to fight evil.

There are limitless possibilities in retrying old characters in this modern era without screwing up the canon of established characters who have loyal followers.