Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SandMan_ said:

Avengers?

I mean how would they be portrayed, their histories, personalities, etc.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Duke_Nasty

At worst they'd ruin Batman for me but I couldn't be less interested in the other four.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Duke_Nasty said:

At worst they'd ruin Batman for me but I couldn't be less interested in the other four.

The idea for this post came when I started thinking about what if instead of just getting the copyrights to the name Captain Marvel, Marvel got the rights to the character himself? The others where just for extra discussion material.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

bump

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Batman would be stationed in New York, and have countless team ups with Spiderman, and he would frequently fight Captain America for stupid reasons.

Captain Marvel would have some weird relationship with Ms. Marvel because of the name connection alone, and on AT LEAST one occasion, he would fight Blue Marvel. Oh, and he would probably fight Thor and Hulk frequently, also for stupid reasons.

Mr. Majestic would become Sentry 2.0 and then fade into obscurity.

Kal-L would frequently job to Hulk, probably lift Thor's hammer at some point and have at least one manly stare down with Iron Man because someone would say, "Man of Steel? Meet the Man of Iron!"

And Alan Scott... I have no idea what would become of him.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Alan Scott... I have no idea what would become of him.

I think he would be a member of the Defenders, filling in for Silver Surfer or Doctor Strange if either was unavailable. I'd see him fighting Mandarin a lot, mainly because Mandarin wants the power of the Starheart ring.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think they maybe able to write Captain Marvel well

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@haydenclaireheroes: Same here. I actually heard a rumor that they DID try to get Billy Batson and the whole Marvel family, but were unable to and just got the copyright for the name.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By greenteaforme

They'd all become brooding, emotionally unstable and angsty characters typical of Marvel. They'd all at some point:

Lift Mjolnir OR tank Mjolnir to the face and laugh at Thor

Break, dent or wield Cap's shield

Receive some ability to wield cosmic power against some cosmic being, or receive the uni-power for no real reason.

Be a temporary member of the Avengers

Battle an entire team of X-Men for no reason reason, then later team up with them.

And a host of any number of stupid Marvely things.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By KainScion

@greenteaforme said:

They'd all become brooding, emotionally unstable and angsty characters typical of Marvel. They'd all at some point:

Lift Mjolnir OR tank Mjolnir to the face and laugh at Thor

Break, dent or wield Cap's shield

Receive some ability to wield cosmic power against some cosmic being, or receive the uni-power for no real reason.

Be a temporary member of the Avengers

Battle an entire team of X-Men for no reason reason, then later team up with them.

And a host of any number of stupid Marvely things.

wow. just wow. the amount of BS in this is amazing. where to start? well:

- marvel isnt known for their brooding, emotionally unstable and angsty characters. dc is. FAIL.

- and the rest is just pure hate on marvel and im not going to touch it. im just going to say dc has the same track record and leave it at that

so yeah you hating bro.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jnr6Lil

They wouldn't fit in Marvel.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'm saying that if Marvel had the rights. Like what if while Captain Marvel was in legal limbo all that time, Marvel decided to snatch him up before DC did and make him a part of the Marvel universe?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'm saying that if Marvel had the rights. Like what if while Captain Marvel was in legal limbo all that time, Marvel decided to snatch him up before DC did and make him a part of the Marvel universe?

Then he'd be the Superman ripoff instead of Sentry

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I never saw Sentry as a Superman rip off. Honestly I saw him as a Captain Marvel rip off. Think about it, he's able to turn from human into a superpowered force costume and all. Sound a lot like Billy Batson to me.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I never saw Sentry as a Superman rip off. Honestly I saw him as a Captain Marvel rip off. Think about it, he's able to turn from human into a superpowered force costume and all. Sound a lot like Billy Batson to me.

So he's a Captain Marvel ripoff who's a Superman ripoff

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Jnr6Lil: Captain Marvel is not a Superman rip off! He's not an alien, he's actually a kid, and he's magic based which is the exact opposite of Superman who's sci-fi. There have been a ton of characters who can fly, are super strong and fast, and invulnerable that aren't Superman rip offs. Thor for instance, he's got those powers, yet he's not considered a rip off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6a52928f1f0
deactivated-5e6a52928f1f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God the DC fanboyism is Deep rooted with some of these guys.

Anyway

Captain Marvel would probably have some adventures with Herc, It would be nice to see the dynamic of the boy in the mans body work with some of the other heros.

Alan Scott would fit right in, he'd be a bro (and post DC making him gay no one would care and everyone would accept him)

Mr M I dont know much about so Ill end this here.

Batman, oh batman. Finally Id be able to read you in a universe that actually feels like our own. He'd would deffently team up with a lot of the street level heros.

Oh but i would pay SO MUCH MONEY to see him stand off with moonknight. The Darknight vs The Scitso in white. And honestly I think they would probably Increase his intelligence so he could play in the same leage as Reed, Stark and Pym. (not saying its the best move but I can see it)

And sups. Now with sups I can never keep track with Age his power set is, I think Silver is the Increaible pulling planets and sensing asteroid belts. Gold I cant remember. But I think marvel would Nerf Him ever so slightly to make it so he doesn't speed blitz everyone. But Id LOVE to see a Cannon Thor V Superman were DC doesn't stipulate that their Big 3 can never lose. But he would be so sweet going into cosmic....

Honestly im not the biggest DC guy but if any where to be ported over to the Marvel U, I would love them. I think its just somthing with the DCU that is WAY to foreign. It just doesent feel like earth, or at least our real world. Marvel gives off that feeling, Like at any moment you could see spidy Webslinging out side your window and it wouldent be as jaring as lets say Captain Marvel And Black adam duking it out with punches that can level mountains.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Jnr6Lil: Captain Marvel is not a Superman rip off! He's not an alien, he's actually a kid, and he's magic based which is the exact opposite of Superman who's sci-fi. There have been a ton of characters who can fly, are super strong and fast, and invulnerable that aren't Superman rip offs. Thor for instance, he's got those powers, yet he's not considered a rip off.

Captain Marvel's whole persona/character is Superman esque.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greenteaforme

@LockOmally said:

Anyway

Captain Marvel would probably have some adventures with Herc, It would be nice to see the dynamic of the boy in the mans body work with some of the other heros.

Alan Scott would fit right in, he'd be a bro (and post DC making him gay no one would care and everyone would accept him)

Batman, oh batman. Finally Id be able to read you in a universe that actually feels like our own. He'd would deffently team up with a lot of the street level heros.

Oh but i would pay SO MUCH MONEY to see him stand off with moonknight. The Darknight vs The Scitso in white. And honestly I think they would probably Increase his intelligence so he could play in the same leage as Reed, Stark and Pym. (not saying its the best move but I can see it)

And sups. Now with sups I can never keep track with Age his power set is, I think Silver is the Increaible pulling planets and sensing asteroid belts. Gold I cant remember. But I think marvel would Nerf Him ever so slightly to make it so he doesn't speed blitz everyone. But Id LOVE to see a Cannon Thor V Superman were DC doesn't stipulate that their Big 3 can never lose. But he would be so sweet going into cosmic....

Honestly im not the biggest DC guy but if any where to be ported over to the Marvel U, I would love them. I think its just somthing with the DCU that is WAY to foreign. It just doesent feel like earth, or at least our real world. Marvel gives off that feeling, Like at any moment you could see spidy Webslinging out side your window and it wouldent be as jaring as lets say Captain Marvel And Black adam duking it out with punches that can level mountains.

I disagree. I feel DC publishes real heroes and icons, and Marvel is far too gritty to be enjoyable.

Marvel has too many cosmic blah blah and abstracts and multiversal blah blah. Marvel also doesn't have enough appealing super strengthers, meaning there is a lack of those big brawls sans Hulk vs everyone for the sixth time.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By majestic99

@Smart_Dork_Dude: They'd ruin all of them.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Jnr6Lil said:

He's actually more of a boyscout than Superman, more friendly, trusting, in other words he's more Superman than Superman. Don't get me wrong, I love Supes, he's my favorite superhero!!! I just hate it when people compare Captain Marvel, another hero I really like, to Superman when they couldn't be more different. Captain Marvel has one power not a lot if any heroes have, innocence and that is what makes him so endearing. Well it MADE him endearing, considering DC is liable to turn him into a superpowered jerk if the Shazam storyline is anything to go by.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

He's actually more of a boyscout than Superman, more friendly, trusting, in other words he's more Superman than Superman. Don't get me wrong, I love Supes, he's my favorite superhero!!! I just hate it when people compare Captain Marvel, another hero I really like, to Superman when they couldn't be more different. Captain Marvel has one power not a lot if any heroes have, innocence and that is what makes him so endearing. Well it MADE him endearing, considering DC is liable to turn him into a superpowered jerk if the Shazam storyline is anything to go by.

So just Superman 2.0

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#26  Edited By joshuagamer

@LockOmally: Batman is already in the Pym/ Reed league. He is second in intelligence only to Lex Luthor with an IQ well over 200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenteaforme said:

@LockOmally said:

Anyway

I disagree. I feel DC publishes real heroes and icons, and Marvel is far too gritty to be enjoyable.

Marvel has too many cosmic blah blah and abstracts and multiversal blah blah. Marvel also doesn't have enough appealing super strengthers, meaning there is a lack of those big brawls sans Hulk vs everyone for the sixth time.

The Difference is that Marvel yes has a Huge universe Filled with Cosmic level threats which would annihilate the earth with out a thought but has a large amount of street heros which also represent the common man (spiderman ,lukecage, ironfist, Moonknight, ect)

Where as DC (to the best of my knowledge ) Doesent have that big a gap between the two. the mightiest heros on earth (Superman, Shazam, the Martian Man Hunter) Are also the mightiest Heros in the universe, and yet they all do it from their hub planet of earth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshuagamer said:

@LockOmally: Batman is already in the Pym/ Reed league. He is second in intelligence only to Lex Luthor with an IQ well over 200

Thats a very big claim, Wayne is smart theres no denying that, but doesn't he contract people to make his gear for him? Even if not please Provide some evidence of his mastery of the mind b/c iv never seen that Bat.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#29  Edited By Deadcool

@KainScion said:

- marvel isnt known for their brooding, emotionally unstable and angsty characters. dc is. FAIL.

I think that both Marvel and DC aren't known for that...

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Rumble Man

Decrease power levels ohh noes, and emasculate them (by making them closer to urban level)

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By greenteaforme

@LockOmally said:

@greenteaforme said:

@LockOmally said:

Anyway

The Difference is that Marvel yes has a Huge universe Filled with Cosmic level threats which would annihilate the earth with out a thought but has a large amount of street heros which also represent the common man (spiderman ,lukecage, ironfist, Moonknight, ect)

Where as DC (to the best of my knowledge ) Doesent have that big a gap between the two. the mightiest heros on earth (Superman, Shazam, the Martian Man Hunter) Are also the mightiest Heros in the universe, and yet they all do it from their hub planet of earth.

While it's not entirely true, I can see why you'd think that.

But there is an explanation in DC lore as to why that is so, and why there are so many humans with powers. DC is much more accessible to me, with Marvel being much more foreign. And I feel that Marvel lacks those true iconic heroes. They're also much too angsty.

Also, I feel DC's street levelers to be much more appealing than Marvel's. (Birds of Prey? Nice.) Marvel's are just so...gritty. Everything is so gritty and I can never shake that feel in Marvel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that Way about Marvel, Its Like walking in the real world and DC is too I wanna say clean but thats not 100% correct, but hopfully you understand the meaning.

And while we may disagree I respect your opinion.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LockOmally said:

@joshuagamer said:

Thats a very big claim, Wayne is smart theres no denying that, but doesn't he contract people to make his gear for him? Even if not please Provide some evidence of his mastery of the mind b/c iv never seen that Bat.

He comes up wit the designs and such though.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Alan Scott and Majestic would have some awesome cosmic adventures, they'd fit in well with the Silver Surfer/ Annihilators scene.

Don't see Capt. Marvel or GA Supes fitting in, too cornball for Marvel.

They'd turn Batman into the metahuman and he really is (DC's too scared to do it) because how else can he become a master detective and master (according to some) 127 kung fu styles, build all that tech he uses without being a mutant or having nanites injected into his bloodstream (ala Tony Stark but not as advanced).