What if Marvel could have 3 DC Heroes or Villains?

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Suppose you were the CEO of Marvel and you were just offered by DC (insert you’re reasoning here) any three characters (aside from Batman or Superman) be it Hero or Villain to bring over. The character can keep their history but there supporting cast stays i.e. Wonder Woman but no Cheetah. Whom would you choose?

My three would be:

1. Wonder Woman – Marvel needs a Tier 1 female powerhouse

2. Flash – Marvel has a few speedsters but Flash is Legendary

3. Eclipso – Don’t know always liked this guy

First topic posted so don’t beat me up too badly!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Going by Marvel's marketing strategy, I think they Static, Wally and Harley Quinn would be their choices.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm. Need to think on this one.

Beata

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Captain Marvel is slowly being built ad Marvel's tier one female powerhouse. She's gotten much more powerful over the years and has been receiving a well deserved push.

I'd say: Flash since Marvel tends to not have many speedsters so it'd be interesting to see Flash's interactions with other heroes and villains, Black Canary since I think her character would fit well into the Spider-Man mythos and she could and should absolutely have her own solo, and B'dg should join the GOTG because a talking space raccoon with large guns isn't enough for me. I want a talking space squirrel that can make things from thought from his ring.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman for the reasons stated above.

Victor Zsasz he'd be an excellent foe for Daredevil or Punisher (with PIS so Frank doesn't kill him)

Don't have a third one at this time.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

Superman. Because the Earth of Marvel needs someone like him, unbreakable morals and unshakable faith. To have him, even temporarily, would be amazing. I believe his presence alone would work wonders. I know you wanted to exclude Superman, but he has to be number one in anyone's mind.

Darkseid. Marvel can do with a proper rival for Thanos in mind, power, and stature. Story lines having to do with them two at war would be legendary.

And Wally West.

Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Because the Earth of Marvel needs someone like him, unbreakable morals and unshakable faith. To have him, even temporarily, would be amazing. I believe his presence alone would work wonders.

Darkseid. Marvel can do with a proper rival for Thanos in mind, power, and stature. Story lines having to do with them two at war would be legendary.

And Wally West.

Cap's more or less the boy scout of Marvel that everyone looks up to, even if they're far older or far more powerful than he is.

So what if he kills? He clearly doesn't enjoy it and to be frank, Holocaust death camp liberators killed Nazi scum, does that make them bad people?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

@tenebrous_guile said:

@nickthedevil said:

Superman. Because the Earth of Marvel needs someone like him, unbreakable morals and unshakable faith. To have him, even temporarily, would be amazing. I believe his presence alone would work wonders.

And Wally West.

Cap's more or less the boy scout of Marvel that everyone looks up to, even if they're far older or far more powerful than he is.

So what if he kills? He clearly doesn't enjoy it and to be frank, Holocaust death camp liberators killed Nazi scum, does that make them bad people?

Huh. Comicvine deleted my comment, but whatever.

Captain America, while a boy scout, is only human. He has broken down before, and that's okay, it's part of what makes him a character too.

But while that arguement can be debated, Superman has another one up -- The personal advice he gives, the help he offers and the way he looks after people. While Captain America does some of this too, Clark gives some of the most phenomal personal advice too. Not just the help given in costume, wearing a cape, but the help while wearing glasses, shoes on the ground.

To be clear, this has nothing to do with killing or not.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

@nickthedevil said:

And Wally West.

Huh. Comicvine deleted my comment, but whatever.

Captain America, while a boy scout, is only human. He has broken down before, and that's okay, it's part of what makes him a character too.

But while that arguement can be debated, Superman has another one up -- The personal advice he gives, the help he offers and the way he looks after people. While Captain America does some of this too, Clark gives some of the most phenomal personal advice too. Not just the help given in costume, wearing a cape, but the help while wearing glasses, shoes on the ground.

To be clear, this has nothing to do with killing or not.

They could be boy scout mates, punching nazi scum in the face and helping everyone in need.

Though I think New 52 Superman would probably still highly respect cap if he were born in the Marvel universe, if not venerate him like the majority of the hero community.

I mean, it takes balls to stand up to Thanos with the infinity gauntlet when you're a low end superhuman.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze - would make a good villain for some of the Marvel cosmic characters (Quasar, Nova, Silver Surfer, etc.) Darkseid - like nickthedevil said, a true rival for Thanos.
Harley Quinn - because she's awesome like that

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could be boy scout mates, punching nazi scum in the face and helping everyone in need.

Though I think New 52 Superman would probably still highly respect cap if he were born in the Marvel universe, if not venerate him like the majority of the hero community.

I mean, it takes balls to stand up to Thanos with the infinity gauntlet when you're a low end superhuman.

Oh agreed, agreed.

I think New 52 Superman would in fact do such a thing, but New 52 Superman isn't really what I had in mind. He isn't like his pre flashpoint counterpart, in which Clark actually took the time to level and socialize with his neighbor, people he saved, or just plain stopped by to say Hello to. I think he can really affect the way the Marvel Genpop skeptically views methumans/capes.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast Boy, Wonder Woman, and Larfleeze.

Larfleeze just so he can rival Thanos as stated above.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

Oh agreed, agreed.

I think New 52 Superman would in fact do such a thing, but New 52 Superman isn't really what I had in mind. He isn't like his pre flashpoint counterpart, in which Clark actually took the time to level and socialize with his neighbor, people he saved, or just plain stopped by to say Hello to. I think he can really affect the way the Marvel Genpop skeptically views methumans/capes.

Could he overcome just how stupid Marvel universe civilians are (yes, yes constantly bully the people who could level your neighborhood even when they bust their asses to save you) because that's quite the tall order given how until recently, they've pretty much been the posterboys for the ungrateful bastard trope.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Oh agreed, agreed.

Could he overcome just how stupid Marvel universe civilians are (yes, yes constantly bully the people who could level your neighborhood even when they bust their asses to save you) because that's quite the tall order given how until recently, they've pretty much been the posterboys for the ungrateful bastard trope.

I think he could, but it would be a tough long ride though.

Not just change Genpop, but the heroes too. He would be best bros with Spider-man, actually be able to socialize with Bruce Banner and how much he too has to hold back and control his own anger and strength, living in a world made of card board.

alas, Fantasies. *Le sigh*

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

@nickthedevil said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Oh agreed, agreed.

Not just change Genpop, but the heroes too. He would be best bros with Spider-man, actually be able to socialize with Bruce Banner and how much he too has to hold back and control his own anger and strength, living in a world made of card board.

Honestly, if I were a Marvel hero before the heroic age I'd just *let* Galactus eat the planet when he gets the munchies due to the fact that the average Joe in Marvel tends to be an unbelievable bastard.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

@nickthedevil said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Oh agreed, agreed.

Honestly, if I were a Marvel hero before the heroic age I'd just *let* Galactus eat the planet when he gets the munchies due to the fact that the average Joe in Marvel tends to be an unbelievable bastard.

Can't argue with you on that one.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

@nickthedevil said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

@nickthedevil said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Oh agreed, agreed.

Can't argue with you on that one.

But not before I chew them all out for it before hopping away with the nearest space team.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman would probably make the most money.

However for me personally it would be wonder woman, flash, and hal jordan (three of my favorite characters)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

If I was being a reasonable businessman:

1. Wonder Woman, saves us (Marvel) from trying to build our own that will never really match up.
  2. Dick Grayson, if we can't have Bats, we'll get the very first sidekick.
  3. Darkseid, MOAR KIRBY!

If I was just being a fanboy:

1. Raven (heck she can possibly even retain her origins as someone from a universe far far away)
  2. Wonder Woman, because I wanna see her kick the crap out of a few Marvel characters :D
  3. John Constantine, oh the fun we will have as he con's everyone
Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Cloakx14

Zatanna, the new 52Power Girl, new 52 Wally west

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read no batman and superman

Probably WW, Flash, and Doomsday

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any 3 with speed. Marvel lacks speed in a lot of their characters.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue beetle

Green lantern

Deathstroke(I wanna see him kill Deadpool; and imagine a fight between Deathstroke and cap america!!!)

lurchadamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many options, let's see...

Green lantern, joins gotg.

Flash, joins avengers.

Orion, turns out to be an eternal or inhuman

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

• Darkseid
  • Black Hand
  • Green Lantern
DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DBVSE7

Larfleeze: As a new Herald.

Beast Boy: Would be an awesome addition to the X-Men.

Wonder Woman: Whats been stated plus a love interest with Thor would be an interesting twist.

Deathstroke: New Spiderman Villian.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pre-52 Superman wouldn't work in a static Marvel universe without changing it drastically. Golden Age Superman teaming up Captain America and the other WW II era heroes would be amazing.

Brainiac would be a versatile villain that'd work for both earth and cosmic heroes.

Alan Scott would be a interesting character to put into the Marvel universe's framework.