#1 Posted by DTheory777 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

As I was catching up on some reading of my favorites comic books, a thought came to mind, what if we had no comics to read, what would the world be like if we had no imagination?, what if we were not allowed to read comics or anything that was created out of imagination?. this is what went through my mind, what the world would be.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

we wouldn't be able to reply to this thread for one thing

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

We'd be Vulcans

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33019 posts) - - Show Bio

This website would be pretty boring

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4702 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine this website would be about crocheting and other simple hobbies. Basket weaving doesn't sound so bad right about now.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be really, really bored. :(

#7 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

I get the feeling I would be doing WAY better in school.

#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Just think of societies in which people were not allowed creative thinking without the approval of some autocracy or totalitarian government. It's happened and honestly it's happening now to some extent: China won't allow certain websites, Pakistan is basically a conservative theocracy that condemns leg baring, I'm sure no one likes living in North Korea, etc. There was even a time when the US government tried to vilify comic books for corrupting the nation's youth. It's a major reason that the Comics Code Authority was created.

#9 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have alot less stuff to read and be even more of a gamer

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30314 posts) - - Show Bio

We'd read novels, life would go on.

#11 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Life would be so boring without imagination. I don;t think I'd read anymore if comics weren't around.

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
I'd have a bit more spending money....
#13 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7681 posts) - - Show Bio

Life would be substantially duller.

#14 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be a published author and I'd keep reading manga. (smartass, I am one)

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be smoking that rock

#16 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

then Disney would be broke

#17 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be watching entirely too much Reality TV!   Egads.  Reality TV without imagination?  

A more boring than usual Survivor, America's Next Top Model all with ponytails wearing burlap.
Oh, without imagination does that mean we have no music either?  No American Idol or Voice.  
OMG, no imagination in cooking means no Chopped?  We will all be eating Oatmeal.  

Life sucks.
#18 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4702 posts) - - Show Bio
@B'Town: Reality television would be the cooking channel and Bob Vila pretending to be a carpenter.
#19 Posted by PowerHerc (83261 posts) - - Show Bio

As the digital age progresses, it's my opinion, we'll find out.
#20 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio

If we didn't have comics, we wouldn't have Comic Vine, and if I didn't have Comic Vine, I would have never met my girlfriend.

#21 Edited by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

we wouldn't be able to reply to this thread for one thing

this

@War Killer said:
If we didn't have comics, we wouldn't have Comic Vine, and if I didn't have Comic Vine, I would have never met my girlfriend.
damn really? Who is she here?
I know a few people who are bf/gf due to comicvine. Heck Mistress Redhead married Final Arrow after they met up here.
#22 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

A horrible world, the Human Imagination is the real source of technology, we could have a lot of intelligence and have a lot of knownledge, but Imagination,  is far more important,  everything starts as a dream, everything started as an Idea, such Ideas as science fiction, or just stories about heroes, morals, etc, are things that can envolve to real and important things, I deas  (Imagination) change the world, that is my awnser to your question.

#23 Posted by DTheory777 (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: great response
#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:

A horrible world, the Human Imagination is the real source of technology, we could have a lot of intelligence and have a lot of knownledge, but Imagination,  is far more important,  everything starts as a dream, everything started as an Idea, such Ideas as science fiction, or just stories about heroes, morals, etc, are things that can envolve to real and important things, I deas  (Imagination) change the world, that is my awnser to your question.

I don't often agree with you, but that's an excellent answer. I completely agree.
#25 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
It's what Morrison keeps saying all the time.
#26 Posted by Samimista (20671 posts) - - Show Bio

We wouldn't be here talking about this then.

#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Yep, hence why he's my favourite writer ^_^
#28 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Without comics, I'd still read novels and other books as I already do.  I would have more time for video games.  I split time between games and comics.  As for not having things created without imagination, there wouldn't be much.  Not sure what would really exist to tell you the truth.

#29 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I would

eat somethings
#30 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt
@DTheory777: 

Thanks guys...

#31 Posted by arcanineryu2 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Without imagination we wouldn’t have evolved past shrews in levels of intelligence. There’s a lot more to imagination than people seem to believe. I mean its basically thinking of how things could have been right? Well if you cant think of how things could have been then how can you learn from your mistakes? How can you learn much of anything? Think back to when you were a little kid. Almost your entire thought process was based in imagination one way or another, you had to think up your own ways of understanding things, even if that meant that the moon was made of cheese and being a komodo dragon was a viable career option.
Face it. No imagination, no intelligence, no human kind.
Shoot i just looked at the next page and saw that someone had already said something similar.