Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: What if a new company did it... (28 votes)

Yes 39%
No 14%
Possibly 46%

If a new company came along, wrote about their superheroes and then later on founded a team like The Avengers or Justice League, would it even be possible for it to be successful?

#1 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why not, especially if they had some big name creators on board.

#2 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Its extremely hard for any company other than the big 2 to create popular characters in general. So possible, but not plausible.

#3 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible. But to be in the same position as the Avengers or the Justice League if they want to gain as much popularity it's an uphill battle in the short run aspect but should the company manage to maintain a steady stream of quality development with their characters eventually it would reach the status as a popular enough team.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34938 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at Valiant, that's exactly what the'v just done

#6 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they could do it, but they must have a lot of patience and a lot of cash and they should not be expecting profit any time soon.

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant. Also Image tried it and it would have worked if the base had been more stable.

#8 Edited by JulieDC (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything is possible but given that you can't even use the word "superhero" in any publications outside of dc and marvel due to it being a trademark, it would be very hard to compete as it shows how much they control the market. And none of that factors in the challenge of popularizing new characters versus characters that have a 70 year advantage.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (15060 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant are currently doing something of that kind.

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

Its extremely hard for any company other than the big 2 to create popular characters in general. So possible, but not plausible.

This.

#11 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

i like independent books more than the big two anyway... i still read from the big two bc i like the characters but indie titles have better stories, character development, etc

#12 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

What Valiant team are you referring to? Not a valiant reader so I don't know...

#13 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course it would be.

#15 Edited by dondave (38887 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant