What happen to the Batman/Wonder Woman romance?

• 102 results
regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@redwolf9501: Superman and Wonder Woman are boring asf. Batman and Wonder Woman would be better and I just overall enjoy them as a couple because of the JL TV show.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was hinted at a couple of times and showcased on JLU but nothing really official. Plus she's already hooked up with Superman in the New 52.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo: That's like saying Sarah Palin should marry Richard Dawkin. They have little in common personality wise, and morally. Superman and Wonder Woman have more in common, and both are strong characters, not just physically, but also strong in heart. Batman is more brooding and relies on fear to handle opponents. He is also, somewhat, mentally unstable, which has shown a lot through out the year. It makes his character interesting, but that just because he's fun as a character, it doesn't automatically qualify him for the lady. Relationships aren't based on whether they are fun or not. They are based on how much the two care for one another, how honest they are with one another, and if they are compatible. Batman would keep too many secrets from Wonder Woman, it's how he is. She'd have to use her lasso to get the truth, and that would kill her feelings for him quickly. Despite being a warrior who was raised to think she is exceptional, she values truth, a good heart, and love. Batman is, somewhat, single minded. He only wants to bring justice, but he won't kill, anything else goes, though. If you've actually read the new 52 comics, you'd know that Superman and Wonder Woman have actually made an amazing couple. I'd dare to say, even better than Superman and Lois, because they have more in common, and neither is made to be a victim, they're both still strong characters. They also provide an amazing element of teamwork, a unique understanding of one another, and a deep, believable romance. Neither is the "bitch" in the relationship, they're both bad asses, and have one another's back. Where one may be weak the other is strong. Superman isn't very confident in his superhero capabilities, but Wonder Woman is, and she helps Superman with his lack of confidence. Superman has raw power, whereas Wonder Woman has strategic know how. This is brought up when they fight Faora and Zod, who are also a couple. Superman is able to trade and take blows, but his lack of training leaves him needing help. Wonder Woman is able to match the fighting prowess of the couple, but she isn't as strong. You see where I'm going with it. Yeah, there are also matters of Diana being able to carry his child, whereas lois isn't genetically compatible and would have her abdomen kicked out by the child during pregnancy, if she even made it past sex, but that is obvious, and would make it seem like Wonder Woman is just a carrier, which she isn't. They are a beautiful couple, because of their all around perfect compatibility, even having some differences that bring even more interest to the relationship. Clark is a farm boy who hides who he is from regular people, whereas Diana is a proud amazon who doesn't hide who she is. Clark was bullied growing up, while Diana was raised in royalty. This is all, also, without mentioning their better understanding of one another, when it comes to being super heroes and being part of the last of their kind. They have always shown interest with one another, even before the new 52, so this isn't a sudden thing. Lois is still in Superman's life, but as a co-worker, and that is, honestly, better, because she has always come off as the side kick and damsel in distress. Their relationship was the weak woman and the strong man, which made it dull, cliche, and slightly sexist. Wonder Woman's relationship with Trevor... she didn't seem to want him, because she held her interest in Superman (only not pursuing him because he was taken), and she has had a romantic past with Aquaman (mera must have been pissed) and Batman, likely because of the fact that Superman was taken, and, being a strong woman, she wanted a strong companion, one who she could relate to, but neither romance lasted, because they had differences, even Batman himself said that it was better that they just remained friends. So, when you think about it, it has always been Wonder Woman and Superman. Lois Lane was more like a teenage dream for Superman, sweet, but completely unrealistic. They don't need steve or lois to keep them grounded, either. Clark has a humble upbringing by humble human beings, he has friends who are human, a best friend who is a human crime fighter (a bad ass one), and lives a humble, human lifestyle. Diana is down to Earth, fun loving, and loving, while also having human friends, and an active social life with humans and heroes alike. So, they can ground themselves, when they aren't being grounded by their friends, already. I encourage you to read into their comics, and realize that it doesn't have to be all ass kicking and tough attitudes, especially when it comes to matters of the heart.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That was only in the cartoon.

The writers haven't played around with it in the comics because it really can't go anywhere.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: They have, but, like you said, it went no where. Wonder Woman wanted it to happen, but Batman said himself that it wouldn't work and that they should just remain friends. She, also, had feelings for Superman, but he was taken, so she pursued others.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwolf9501: No I'm not talking about that (plus that scene makes zero sense to begin with) conceptually when you think about it that relationship is a dead end. With Superman and Wonder Woman they can go places, and Batman has plenty of other romantic interests that lead to some very interesting places, but put Batman and Wonder Woman together and it just wouldn't work story wise.

Although if your curious to see how the Batman and Wonder Woman romance from the cartoon played out, read Justice League Beyond. Also check out the first trade of Superman/Wonder Woman, that was a very good romance series (after that though it gets caught up in an event, and then a new writer comes on and the book has been heading south).

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Lol that's what I was saying in my ealier post. Superman and Wonder Woman are perfect for one another, all around.

I'll give it a shot. :) They got a new writer for Superman/WonderWoman?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwolf9501:

Nice post.

They got a new writer for Superman/WonderWoman?

Yeah, now SM/WW book in hands of Peter Tomasi (writer) and Doug Mahnke (artist).

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The writers haven't played around with it in the comics because it really can't go anywhere.

SM/WW isn't going anywhere either. The only thing I know after a year of this books publishing history is that they both love each other cause lonely and strong=love.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

SM/WW isn't going anywhere either. The only thing I know after a year of this books publishing history is that they both love each other cause lonely and strong=love.

Like there was superb starting ground in the initial Lois x Superman relationship?

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Like there was superb starting ground in the initial Lois x Superman relationship?

Lois was created as his love interest,if shes not working then make another one,WW is not a Superman character.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwolf9501: TL:DR, I've read the comics and honestly, SM/WW do not appeal to me. That's just my opinion though. Batman and Wonder Woman would be fun for just a short time, the SM/WW thing is so cliche.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

What happened is that Batman is scared of emotional investment, and Wonder Woman doesn't want to start a relationship with a moody, secretive nutcase who's got no time for anything other than crime fighting. Any relationship they had was probably the result of collegial familiarity.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Oh, please tell me the kept the good romance and story.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo: That's your opinion, but sm/ww still have really good chemistry, because of who they are. I could see it for a short run, say they think superman is dead after a mission went bad or something and she starts dating Bruce because he provided some emotional support, but it'd be a dead end.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

Batman & Catwoman, Superman & Lois Lane, Green Arrow & Black Canary, Wonder Woman & Steve Trevor are the relationships I like.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwolf9501 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Lol that's what I was saying in my earlier post. Superman and Wonder Woman are perfect for one another, all around.

I'll give it a shot. :) They got a new writer for Superman/Wonder Woman?

Yeah Peter Tomasi is now writing the book and he's not very good. Wonder Woman is very poorly written, and he fails to establish any chemistry between WW and Supes, making every seen they're in together a cringe fest.

If it didn't go anywhere they wouldn't have a book right now. Granted it's currently sucking, but it's still managed to go somewhere and tell some good stories.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwolf9501:

Too early to tell imo. Soule concentrated on relationship angle from internal point of view; Tomasi concentrates more on fanservice – banter, interplay between characters, action. Just to give its due, in issue 13 we got some glimpses how Clark and Diana’ life together, how their ideologies and upbringing clashed in the very beginning, then - how they're managing now, etc. Story also in the middle of development.

Still, this new team gave us only three issues so far – there is not much information for me to form my opinion; maybe around issue 17 or 18… For now I’ll say that new run didn’t go south; will it shine – only future can tell.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RedWolf9501

@guru_crack: Good for you, but changes happen, and these are quite good.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Hopefully, they don't butcher the awesome work of the earlier team.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@redwolf9501: Yea change always happens. Don't mind that and I am still waiting for the first Superman/Wonder Woman to be released so I can read it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By entropy_aegis

@captainmarvel4ever: They have a book because of their individual star power,if that's the criteria then a Batman/Wonder Woman would be selling a good amount more than SM/WW.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: It would, if there were any story to tell between the two, and when you think about it there really wouldn't.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis: It would, if there were any story to tell between the two, and when you think about it there really wouldn't.

There's no story in SM/WW,still hasn't stopped that book from selling now has it? it's the job of the writer to come up with a story,I love how you just said "there's no story" that's the most asinine comment I've read here,I could write a story with Doomsday if I want and I think that character has completely exhausted story telling opportunities.

Fans dont care about the story either,no one buys SM/WW for it's story telling(which is some of the worst imo,especially the Soule run),they wanna see Supes and Diana that's it.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ariesxmasters
No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By dernman

WW/Batman was a terrible match up. At least with WW/SM there are things to draw them together before breaking up.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

There's no story in SM/WW,still hasn't stopped that book from selling now has it? it's the job of the writer to come up with a story,I love how you just said "there's no story" that's the most asinine comment I've read here,I could write a story with Doomsday if I want and I think that character has completely exhausted story telling opportunities.

Fans dont care about the story either,no one buys SM/WW for it's story telling(which is some of the worst imo,especially the Soule run),they wanna see Supes and Diana that's it.

Yes there is, if there wasn't they wouldn't have a series, especially not one that got such good reviews (good before Tomasi). As for batman and Wonder Woman there is nowhere to go with the two of them, maybe a mini series, but not nearly as much as you get from Superman and Wonder Woman.

Well now that the writing sucks I just buy it for the art and the action, because while Tomasi can't write Wonder Woman or romance well, I have to admit he writes some really good action scenes. So basically it's become my guilty pleasure comic.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: The story is them develpoing more as a couple, and dealing with the gods, who don't approve of her dating an alien.

karnael1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman vs superman movie will decide who get to bang WW

as SM nd lane are couples in it thre is 0% fie Sm/WW relationship

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Never was any.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanity happened.

Not to be mean.

But this shipping is as bad as CellxPicollo Shipping.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GWHH

I always thought that rejecting an amazon advances would be dangerous for a man! A woman scorned type thing

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a terrible pairing anyway. I don't know why people are so obsessed with it.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with Batman is that he has to be secretive and deceptive with people, which goes against WW valuing honesty and openness. He would break up with Diana the moment she kills even one of his rogues, which she will do for the sake of protecting people.

Even in JLU, it was mostly one sided flirting, and Batman told her that it wouldn't work out.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it probably went the first moment batman realised his pelvis would be crushed by her planet benching strength

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they might be trying to do it once again from today's comics...

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When and where?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

discarded like a used tampon.

good riddance.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#94  Edited By jumpstart55
  • I never fully supported this pairing becuase they honestly dont really seem to match.
  • And Yea it was kinda cute when they played with it in the DCAU....But to actually go fourth with it in the comics would be silly...And just downright weird or intresting..lmao
Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's really a thing outside of the cartoon

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@thearchon said:

When and where?

The Trinity comic. It's nothing very big. I just felt it pretty much when Bruce was trying to tell her something. He's... very weird around her and now, he's trying to say something to her before they ''die''. I mean, Bruce already expressed in the Forever Evil storyline that he had a special bond with Wonder Woman and was able to bring her back by touching her lasso which was kind of weird back then (she already had kissed Superman). Even Martian Manhunter knew the reason why he was the only one who could do it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That moment in the Pre-52, in Blackest Night, was perhaps the biggest proof of her love (which isn't canon, I know) for Batman. I mean, the only thing that managed to remove her ring was that kiss with Bruce Wayne. Before that, Cassie, Donna and even her mother couldn't stop her (they were illusions). I mean, she even killed them... but she was cured when Aphrodite used Bruce as an illusion. Pretty sad they went with that big moment and just decided to forget about it.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheArchon

@nicksmi56 said:

I don't think it's really a thing outside of the cartoon

It was back in the Pre-52.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheArchon

@jumpstart55 said:
  • I never fully supported this pairing becuase they honestly dont match like at all.
  • And Yea it was kinda cute when they played with it in the DCAU....But to actually go fourth with it in the comics would be silly...And just downright weird..lmao

- They don't match? They honestly do in some ways and there's a comics where she even answers that question. But you have the right not to like the pairing.

- Weird? Why? Because she has powers and he doesn't? Thor has dated a mortal in the past? Was it weird? Or Superman dating Lois Lane? If that's what you meant, it's just funny. If it's because he's a man, take a look at Big Barda and Mister Miracle.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#99  Edited By jumpstart55

@thearchon said:
@jumpstart55 said:
  • I never fully supported this pairing becuase they honestly dont match like at all.
  • And Yea it was kinda cute when they played with it in the DCAU....But to actually go fourth with it in the comics would be silly...And just downright weird..lmao

- They don't match? They honestly do in some ways and there's a comics where she even answers that question. But you have the right not to like the pairing.

- Weird? Why? Because she has powers and he doesn't? Thor has dated a mortal in the past? Was it weird? Or Superman dating Lois Lane? If that's what you meant, it's just funny. If it's because he's a man, take a look at Big Barda and Mister Miracle.

• Wooh wooh...Calm down dude.Its not that seorius.lmao
  • I,m just saying they seem kinda strange pairing up, becuase of how distant,aloof and private Bruce is...But i could totally see it kinda working if what was written well enough.The chemistry is certainly there since their long time friends...I mean in theory anything can work if its written good enough.
  • And ironically enough i was in the middle of editing my post, becuase i kinda felt that i may have overstated my opinion..lol
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By destinyman75

Batman never fit with Diana horrible paring