What game engine would you use for what super hero game

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I already started a forum asking what game would you want to play for what charater. Then I realized I should have asked this question too. What engine from what othe game would you use on a character. For instance, when they made a game for the Green Lantern movie they used the God of War game engine. It's been out a while now, so I'm gonna buy the game because it's gotta be extremely cheap, and I love the God of War games, so I I can't see how this game can't be at least a little fun. Thinking about it, I believe using the same engine as God of War, a Ghost Rider game would be fun as hell. I believe using the God of War engine there are a lot of characters that could be fun. Before God of War, there was a game for "Revenge of the Sith" which I think was just fun as hell. Remembering that game I could see Captain America done differently, Black Panther, Gambit, Hawkeye could all be done this way. Thinking more and more about it, with the agility and combo moves, I'd really like to see a Gambit game done this way. Batman Arkham Asylum sort of took it's "free form fighting" style from the Matrix "Path of Neo" idea. Anyone who played "Path of Neo" was floored at that game. It was fun, had more fighting combo moves then ANY OTHER GAME, and it even icluded shooting a whole hell of a lot of different kinds of guns. I'm not surprised more games did not mimic this game already. Batman has a lot of combos in it, but nothing near the amount of moves that Path of Neo had. Even Iron Man when he's grounded could be cool as hell this way.

Using the same engine as Assassin's Creed, with the ability to climb just about anything, Nightcrawler would be a blast. Sure there are Spider-man games, but even tho Nightcrawler and Spider-Man are very agile and stick to walls, Spider-Man has his webbing and jumps a whole hell of a lot farther and higher then Nightcrawler. There's another game where the character can climb anything and he has electric powers, but I forgot the name of the game. Daredevil could be done this way as well. Nightcrawler and Daredevil, like Batman, could easily apply the combination of a stealth and smashim up game in one. Who cares if it's a lot like Batman, just as long it's fun. So many characters could be done so well. Gambit and Fantomex are both agile thieves. What's not fun about that? Hulk had a game done on the Prototype engine and it did very well. I'm sure the makers of Splinter Cell could make a hell of a Punisher game. Doctor Strange having all kinds of cool spells seems like it has endless ways for that game to be done right. What are some other ideas you'd like to see?

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a game like Green Arrow would be great with the Assassins Creed engine! Clear choice for a God of War/Heavenly Sword type game is Wonder Woman, more focus on heavy action, huge combos and such, maybe a little platforming too, with Diana being more agile than Kratos of course.... Another interesting idea could be a Lantern corps game, similar to a lot of RTS games, but in an epic space scope.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy: Green Arrow would be great in an Assassin's creed engine. All the trick arrows. hawkeye also. Wonder Woman would kill as a God of War game. I keep picturing Ghost Rider because of the chain use. Plus fighting demons and vampires a such. I Black Widow/Buck team up could be cool as a Splinter Cell game. Taking turns switcing characters. Green Lanter RPG would be epic. Even a build your own Green Lantern game like that could work. Kind of like with the Star Wars games the have where you make a bounty hunter or jedi

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing as the JLA with either the Dawn of War or Empire at War:FoC game engines. It would be pretty darn fun.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Night Thrasher

I know next to nothing about the inner workings of video games but I heard the Fox engine is supposed to be good.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also like a DC universe Ultimate Alliance type of game. I've been reading all 3 of the justice league books, and the current Trinity war makes me want one even more

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AKI Engine ;)

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JamDamage

@hawkguy:

I had a lot of fun with Ultimate Alliance. I had more fun with the X-Men game that was out before Ultimate Alliance more tho. The 2nd game with Apocalypse. Even tho Ultimate Alliance upped the production of graphics from X-Men, X-Men was just more fun to play. Once I got the cheats I was surprised at how long the game play was in terms of hours. I played the game a few times thru using different characters. Having to many characters is a curse, but I kept playing it thru that it really wasn't eather. I always figured they could improve the game by not having so many characters so there was more memory for more moves and combos etc., and the way to get the other characters was thru DLC packages. What ever. It's been a while since one of those came out, and we're still waiting for the free online Marvel game that we learned about over a year ago. I blame the next gen consol like PS4 coming out, and they have to update it. What ever. When Ultimate Alliance did come out the cheats made it to easy to play that instead of 4 characters, I would use 2. Never thought I'd use Mr. Fantastic, but seeing him in actual physical motion made me realize just how tough he could be. Stretching punches and such. Captain America was fun too, because I just loved to throw his sheild around. same with one of Iron Mans abilities where he would should these balls that would bounce around the room til they hit someone. I'd actually turn off other powers so I limited my abilities. It's been years, but I want to play it again. I got to find it first. I bet Gamespot has it for like $5 now it's so old.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamdamage: Yeah I recently played Marvel Heroes on PC. It was fun, I didn't think a Diablo type game would work with Marvel comic heroes but it was okay. I thought it was silly running around seeing other Hawkeyes or Daredevils or Thors.

The only games I look forward to anymore are Batman games. Maybe Lego Marvel in the near future.