What format of comic do you prefer?

captainsaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What format of comic do you prefer? (64 votes)

paper/ print comics 77%
digital 23%

With Digital codes appearing in most Marvel and DC comics and the use of comixology increasing I wondered what comic format do you prefer?

• 
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Digital has it uses. I've used it to download stories that i could otherwise not afford. (Older Comics mostly) But at the end of the day, I'd rather have the copy in-hand.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Digital has it uses. I've used it to download stories that i could otherwise not afford. (Older Comics mostly) But at the end of the day, I'd rather have the copy in-hand.

pretty much this

Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have an LCS, so for me it's a question of Trades vs. Digital. I do have an iPad, and it's very nice to read comics on, but on the other hand, I really like the look of the trades on my shelf. Plus, it's much easier to find and quickly grab the storyarch you want to read. So I voted for paper.

If it were singles vs. digital, I'd probably go with digital,though. The singles take too much space, get creased too easily, and it's far easier to lose an issue.

I normally buy trades, but supplement with digital comics for the stories that is either not collected in a trade or where the trade is very difficult to find/expensive.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Although the collector in me enjoys having the actual book in my collection, I really enjoy the simple and space saving digital copies (plus the quality is very nice)... I'm cool with either

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

Digital is great for older more expensive comics. For my current comics I prefer print with a digital code. Marvel has the right model. Especially with the AR gimmick.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

For me its more convenient, I don't even go threw my paper collection anymore. I wish they were all digital :(

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

I prefer to read actual books, be they novels or comics. I do, however, recognize the convenience of digital comics; I just don't own any yet.

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

Depends on the comic. Some comics I want to have digital, some I want hardcopy.

In general I prefer the actual physical comic, and nothing beats the smell of actual newsprint - something you can't get with most of the TPBs even.

But mainly I just want to read the comic, the format is a secondary concern.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Paper till I die. I just can't get used to reading digital comics. I mean, I can read them fine - but I always feel like I'm missing something from the original paper. The feel of the pages in your hands, the real and intended colors, the credits and indicia and all that jazz. I know it all sounds sort of silly, but I think I'll never go digital.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I prefer paper. Having it in hand just feels right as opposed to reading it digitally. However, I've converted to digital because buying comics weekly just takes up so much space. Digital is so much more organized, which is awesome, but it's not the same. I also use digital to buy older comics that my LCS doesn't carry, otherwise I buy the trades/Graphic Novels there.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nothing can substitute paper. @Veshark has got it down.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Paper.The best way to read a comic book.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I prefer reading digitally. the only time I prefer having the print copy is when there are unique panel layouts like Swamp Thing or Winter Soldier that aren't conducive for digital frame by frame reading.

I like being able to snap a screenshot of a panel I like while reading.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything said:

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By 2chimcha3

Print is 1000x cooler in my opinion. I like that sense of ownership, I like going to my comic shop, I like the smell of print, and I like showing people what an actual comic book is.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer reading trades, but I like having individual issues. I'm not against digital either, but if I'm paying anyway, why not get the issue?

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do have some digital comics, but I much prefer paper.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Paper till I die. I just can't get used to reading digital comics. I mean, I can read them fine - but I always feel like I'm missing something from the original paper. The feel of the pages in your hands, the real and intended colors, the credits and indicia and all that jazz. I know it all sounds sort of silly, but I think I'll never go digital.

@the_tree said:

Nothing can substitute paper. @Veshark has got it down.

@tdk_1997 said:

Paper.The best way to read a comic book.

Print is 1000x cooler in my opinion. I like that sense of ownership, I like going to my comic shop, I like the smell of print, and I like showing people what an actual comic book is.

all of these, paper is just more real. i mean if im paying i want ownership, but if its free then im fine with digital. i like actually holding it im my hands though. and to be even more picky i like single issues not trades.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Digital stomps!

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dabee

I just love holding them. I don't know why...

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoy the process of collecting. Plus it sucks trying to read a comic on my Iphone screen.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New 52 series that I started buying at issue 1, I continue to buy in print. Any series I pick up later I buy digitally. I also buy older issues digitally. Digital is just so convienent...

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

16:9

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chronus

Physical copies.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I rather pick my comics through paper since it's great having a collection of comics I can keep at home rather than on my computer.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By roboadmiral

I prefer pages to to a screen, I like actually owning my comics, and I'm definitely not going to drop the same amount of money on a digital comic as I would a print one. If they drop price point on digitals and are willing to give me a file I can own rather than essentially leasing me the comics through a service, then I'll consider switching.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Paper

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crom-Cruach

print, digital is blasphemy.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

While digital copies are cool, I prefer having print comics. They're much more enjoyable to collect.

I like having digital copies (for my Marvel comics) of my comics so I can read them whenever I want and not have to mess around with getting out, and possibly damaging, comics I want to keep in good condition. But if I had to choose between the two, print copies win hands down.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Digital. I'd never make it to a real comic shop because the way my life is.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ssejllenrad

Paper via curbstompslaughterhousepwnage!

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By INFINITE_DOOM

I love holding them smelling theme O_O print all the way!! Though the convenience of digital would let me catch up on some reading i'm pretty backed up.

captainsaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I prefer digital comics. When I am out and about I do not have to carry a stack of comics neatly wrapped in bags. All the comics I want are in just one place. I also love the comic sales every Friday on comixology. For these reasons I prefer digital.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

Digital comics on a iPad with retina-display are superior in every respect: 1) they are visually sharper, 2) never deteriorate in quality, 3) have no creases through the middle of splash pages, 4) are infinitely more portable, 5) can never be lost, and 6) allow for new formats such as Infinite Comics.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37  Edited By sinestro_GL

I myself go digital these days, as I want to avoid having to keep making space for the comics. BUT I prefer having print.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Living in London, a more urban part, and being that the closest CBS is somewhat of a journey, had to pick Digital.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paper all the way, unfortunally they dont sell comics here so digital is all I get.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

While digital copies are cool, I prefer having print comics. They're much more enjoyable to collect.

I like having digital copies (for my Marvel comics) of my comics...

I'm exactly the opposite!

While print comics are cool, I prefer having digital copies. They're much easier to carry when moving from one place to another. However, I like having print version of my most favorite comics, too, and when there's a CBS store nearby it usually is my first stop. Unfortunately the closest one is a 2-hour flight away from where I'm living at the moment.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital's rapidly growing me.

I can now carry and read comics anywhere, which is really helping me catch up. Otherwise, I have a small stack of books at home that I can never seem to get to since I don't have them around (or wouldn't want to read them in public) when I have time to read.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I would say that I am 60/40 in favor of print. I buy trades because the only comic book stores in my area are 20 minute drives from here, and I dont want to burn 40 minutes worth of gas. I try to find things in digital that aren't in print. Though I can't really buy newer marvel stuff, $3.99 is too much for a single issue, and the hardcovers usually end up being about 130 pages for about $14-$16 online, or $25 in store. which for someone like me who likes to weigh out page count vs price, is still too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I prefer print but I'll read digital. My only real problem with digital is the fact that the collection isn't the same.