#1 Posted by OmniBeast (596 posts) - - Show Bio

So me being generally new to the site, I've caught on to the flow but still a bit behind. On many posts I've noticed people say "hasn't been released in trade" "should be picked up in trade" etc. What does "Trade" mean? I assume it means like series or something around there. Inform me?

#2 Edited by Kangaxx_54 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just written a little guide on comics the other day, including a description of trades! You can find it all here, or here's what I've written about trades:

Trade paperbacks, trades or TPBs for short, collects 4 or more issues in bookform, and is often the best way to read up on older, non-current storylines/story arcs. They can be in hardcover, paperback, deluxe editions. A trade usually collects one storyline. Sometimes this can be issues from the same title, other times the trade collects issues from many different titles; depending on the story line. Not all issues will be published in trades. Sometimes 'bridging' issues will be missing from trades, or unpopular titles might simply not get published in trades. Trades are always delayed compared to buying the comics as they come out. Publish time can differ, but a delay of half a year is not uncommon. Also a little tip: If you buy trades on amazon.co.uk or another international bookseller, be sure to check what language the trade is in. Just because the title is in english doesn't necessarily mean the comic itself is...

Oh, and welcome to the site!

#3 Posted by OmniBeast (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just written a little guide on comics the other day, including a description of trades! You can find it all here, or here's what I've written about trades:

Trade paperbacks, trades or TPBs for short, collects 4 or more issues in bookform, and is often the best way to read up on older, non-current storylines/story arcs. They can be in hardcover, paperback, deluxe editions. A trade usually collects one storyline. Sometimes this can be issues from the same title, other times the trade collects issues from many different titles; depending on the story line. Not all issues will be published in trades. Sometimes 'bridging' issues will be missing from trades, or unpopular titles might simply not get published in trades. Trades are always delayed compared to buying the comics as they come out. Publish time can differ, but a delay of half a year is not uncommon. Also a little tip: If you buy trades on amazon.co.uk or another international bookseller, be sure to check what language the trade is in. Just because the title is in english doesn't necessarily mean the comic itself is...

Oh, and welcome to the site!

Much appreciated! thank you.