Avatar image for teentitansfan94
TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TeenTitansFan94

Personally, I'll admit the show does have its moments, but generally it sucks in comparison to the old Teen Titans. The old TT had an actual plot to each episode, and character development with story arcs of each season, and I personally liked the more realistic animation rather than the chibi TTG. I liked how basically anyone could get into the old TT, but TTG is just for kids. And TT had a lot more crime fighting in it than TTG does IMO.

BRING THE OLD TEEN TITANS BACK! What do you guys think of the new show?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I love it. I feel that comparing it to the old show brings up unneeded hate, just accept it for what it is.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has its moments.Obviously the old TT is better but accept what they made

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I enjoy it. I can see how others are turned off though.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, but you shan't compare it with TT as it's a totally different TV-show

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I love it. I feel that comparing it to the old show brings up unneeded hate, just accept it for what it is.

Agreed.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: A show with no effort put into it that mocks its former self?

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I like it. Doesn't bother me much. Of course the original Teen Titans will always be better, but Teen Titans Go! is good for what it is. Kinda of like how new Simpsons have their moments and is still good though the original episodes of the 90's will always be better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@imthedamnbatman:

Yeah i also have the same problem. Like Robin´s motivation is Starfire loving him and the fact they show that in future (real or possibel) Robin and Batgirl have a kid together show that Starfire and Robin may break up.

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's mocking the old show! How could one not compare and get mad at it?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teentitansfan94: by growing a sense of humor.

It needs more than just humor. Seriously, TTG has virtually no plot to it, and it tries too hard to be funny. I think the old TT had plenty of bigger laughs then TTG, and it also had an actual plot to each episode and character development.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@avenging_x_bolt: Everyone has a sense of humor, it's only a matter of how evolved it is.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By PapiNacho

@the_stegman said:

Agreed.

This

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TTG just has humor... and no plot. Its not bad.. its just not the same as the original

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@imthedamnbatman: ooh ooh, my sense of humor evolved last night!!!! I has to feed it SO many rare candies though!!!

*sorry,that was bad even for me*

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@teentitansfan94: but it isn't supposed to be like the old show. It's a comedy only. That's its entire point. If that's not for you than that's fine but that doesn't make it a bad show.

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TeenTitansFan94
@avenging_x_bolt said:

@teentitansfan94: but it isn't supposed to be like the old show. It's a comedy only. That's its entire point. If that's not for you than that's fine but that doesn't make it a bad show.

If it wasn't supposed to be like the old show then they shouldn't have used the characters from the old show! Try for some ORIGINALITY instead of making bad spinoffs of good shows! How could someone make a spinoff this horrible of a show so good and not expect fans of the good old show like me (and MANY others) to get pissed off at it?!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.@teentitansfan94: so you're saying they should have made a teen titans show without the Teen Titans? Sounds legit.

2.because it's a freaking cartoon that has no bearing on the original series whatsoever. It's not like you're being forced to watch it. A lot of fans of the actual comic we're pissed off with the previous series because of how the anime-ized/humorized the characters but that didn't stop it from being a good show. Nor does this shows creative differences make it inherently bad.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's not for me.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I think he means that why use the same Teen Titans characters if you're not going to use then as they're intended? Why not create some new characters for your show? It's obviously not the powers, since they hardly ever come into play.

And for the record, I can stomach people liking the show. It's just not my cup of tea.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman:

1.That makes sense I suppose. But why would they use new characters over the famous,well liked ones who make them a great deal of money and are easily translated into comedy? I

2.Fair enough : )

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#24  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Please stop comparing this to Teen Titans. They are not trying to be the same show. This show is intentionally silly and whimsical. It is not meant to replace the old show. Let it go internet. Let it go.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wildvine  Moderator

Edit: I missed this post which sums up my feelings oh so well.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I guess I'm too old for it. Meant for kids under 12 years, I assume.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's garbage and easily forgotten when it's cancelled.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 SC  Moderator

@wildvine said:

Please stop comparing this to Teen Titans. They are not trying to be the same show. This show is intentionally silly and whimsical. It is not meant to replace the old show. Let it go internet. Let it go.

Well berries to that young missy. BERRIES TO THAT. Now ah let me just go get my spectacles and my teeth and my chewy tobacco - ya see I ave to lay down some a-here history for you younglings. See back in my day we coulda compared what we liked when we likededed ya see. Now the best Teen Titans show? Well that was back in the 40's you see, the original classic real original super classic original secret original Teen Titans which was the original and better than all of the five versions that came after it you see. Now that was a real cartoon, and by real I mean actual people wearing paint to look like cartoons. See you younglings are a pampered generation with your 2-D and your 3-D and your IWax and ViewTube and-a and-a.

See the original classic real original super classic original secret original Teen Titans from my day was the best and most definitive and most real version with live action cartoons and none of this PC Funglefarm egg potato business that is for you kids and people 60 and under. Back in my day there was no Beast Boy, we had Beast Beast! A real cartoon character, none of this PC boy business. Stars hadn't been invented yet so Starfire was Moonfire and since Raven was into the occult and pagan witchcraft well… and Cyborg was actually called Human because he was half human and half human, but he was really good at working a typewriter gawd dangit. The last five generations since mine and all of your great great great grand uns, have been horrible. Bring back THE ORIGINAL TEEN TITANS in BLACK AND WHITE. Accept no imitations!

0_0

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wildvine  Moderator

@sc said:

@wildvine said:

Well berries to that young missy. BERRIES TO THAT. Now ah let me just go get my spectacles and my teeth and my chewy tobacco - ya see I ave to lay down some a-here history for you younglings. See back in my day we coulda compared what we liked when we likededed ya see. Now the best Teen Titans show? Well that was back in the 40's you see, the original classic real original super classic original secret original Teen Titans which was the original and better than all of the five versions that came after it you see. Now that was a real cartoon, and by real I mean actual people wearing paint to look like cartoons. See you younglings are a pampered generation with your 2-D and your 3-D and your IWax and ViewTube and-a and-a.

See the original classic real original super classic original secret original Teen Titans from my day was the best and most definitive and most real version with live action cartoons and none of this PC Funglefarm egg potato business that is for you kids and people 60 and under. Back in my day there was no Beast Boy, we had Beast Beast! A real cartoon character, none of this PC boy business. Stars hadn't been invented yet so Starfire was Moonfire and since Raven was into the occult and pagan witchcraft well… and Cyborg was actually called Human because he was half human and half human, but he was really good at working a typewriter gawd dangit. The last five generations since mine and all of your great great great grand uns, have been horrible. Bring back THE ORIGINAL TEEN TITANS in BLACK AND WHITE. Accept no imitations!

0_0

1) This made me laugh so hard I choked.

2) I totally heard this in Foghorn Leghorn's voice.

3) A hero who is half human and half human. You are a genius sir.

Thanks for the chuckle Essy.

4macguyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh hum, excuse me but just who do you think has been writing, directing, marketing, etc. the TT brand ? A bunch of snot nosed kids or grown adults. It's age discrimination I tell ya ! ;)

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.@teentitansfan94: so you're saying they should have made a teen titans show without the Teen Titans? Sounds legit.

2.because it's a freaking cartoon that has no bearing on the original series whatsoever. It's not like you're being forced to watch it. A lot of fans of the actual comic we're pissed off with the previous series because of how the anime-ized/humorized the characters but that didn't stop it from being a good show. Nor does this shows creative differences make it inherently bad.

No! For 1. I was saying they should make a new show altogether instead of recycling old shows. I did not say make a TT show without the Teen Titans in it.

n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By n25philly

It's one of many reasons why I am glad I no longer have cable. It's a horrible show

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ximpossibrux

It disgusts me that it shares the same name as the original TT