What do you think of goku and his morality and character?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathHero61

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle

Fizzy Bubblech

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

pfftt Goku having a character. A compilation of cliches, a character does not make.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

General Discussion

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Easternwind

He is the worst character ever

No Caption Provided

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SMXLR8
Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Easternwind

@smxlr8 said:

@easternwind said:

He is the worst character ever

No Caption Provided

THIS

Lol, look at my avatar...XD, unless you got the joke.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The progenitor of bland shonen main characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

pfftt Goku having a character. A compilation of cliches, a character does not make.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By renamed040924

Goku is just as bland as Batman and Superman.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyrees

goku's character is bland. he loves to fight and he only gets to saving people part later in the series.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Battle

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

The thing is, Goku is kinda one dimensional. He has two emotions, happy and angry. He doesn't really grow or expand as a character, he is always the same, which can make him dull, compare him to someone like Vegeta, who has tons of character development, insecurities, flaws and ever changing values of morality. Vegeta, to me, has always been the most interesting DBZ character. Heck, even his son, Trunks is more interesting than Gohan (excluding the Cell arc) and Goten.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like some of his morals, but sometimes they are so dumb it's just irresponsible. Like not fighting Buu at full force to give the kids a chance to save the world, because of that every human died a painful individual death, and later the earth was destroyed. Could have been prevented, but it wasn't. So it can be grey at times.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well .. he's my favorite in all heroes .. but sometimes he acts sooooo dumb :D

character wise .. he has two different characters.. one is an innocent child type character, and one is tough fighter character when he gets serious .. overall his character is the epitome of shonnen jump protagonist characters.

character and personality wise my favorite would be kenshin himura

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@deathhero61: Goku is one of the most consistent characters ever written ,seeing him grow from a preteen to an adult ,raise a family , and stop some of the most evil beings in the universe is awe-inspiring . He has fought his opponents with this never-surrender attitude yet when he has won the fight he tries to reason with his opponent(Nam, Android 8,Piccolo[Jr.],Nova Shenron ) , even with those who threw that act of kindness away (Frieza). Goku is without a doubt the most pure, goodhearted soul I've ever come across in fiction

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

@deathhero61: Goku is one of the most consistent characters ever written ,seeing him grow from a preteen to an adult ,raise a family , and stop some of the most evil beings in the universe is awe-inspiring . He has fought his opponents with this never-surrender attitude yet when he has won the fight he tries to reason with his opponent(Nam, Android 8,Piccolo[Jr.],Nova Shenron ) , even with those who threw that act of kindness away (Frieza). Goku is without a doubt the most pure, goodhearted soul I've ever come across in fiction

Nice. You summed up what i think of him.

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa:

exactly. better than you know who

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: You just summed up why Goku bores me. Lol. Good is pretty much hardwired into his very being. Though while I don't like Goku, at the very least he doesn't personify everything bad about shonen.

I ain't naming no names though. Because he definitely isn't a fire eatting, pink haired, plot fu***** eyesore. Nope! No names!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

I don't really like Goku much. His morality irritates me (the whole constant 'honor' thing seems silly and inefficient to me) and nobody shuts up about him on this site.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ain't naming no names though. Because he definitely isn't a fire eatting, pink haired, plot fu***** eyesore. Nope! No names!

you forgot nakama driven.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By goobot

I don't think he is as bland as everyone is making him out to be. He fights people to the death yet won't ever actually ever kill them, even the people who took what he cares most about. He literally only killed 2 people in DBZ, that was that energy eater guy (which was on accident and he had no control over.) and Majin Buu who exist only to be pure evil, and even then he got him reborn as a good being in order to give him a second chance.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kyrees

@goobot: how about dragonball ? is that series not included ? and how about the non-canon GT ? do you ignore it because it's non canon or because he's practically portrayed the same there ?

yakon's death is accidental ? he purposely gave off that much energy to yakon.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry, but I can't trust someone who would eat a poor defenseless cloud.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Do you really think that he knew that Yakon would just blow up like that? I highly doubt it. GT is non-canon and my knowledge of dragon ball is too spotty to include.

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: that's strange to me that you think Goku's morality irritates you, does this mean all good people in comics bother you? Lol. But hey, no one is the same and you may prefer villains over heroes....

And no one shuts up about him because so many people like him because of his morality and powers.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot: you can't claim that it's accidental when goku poured that much power that it shocked vegeta. it's also the same way with how goku killed many of the red ribbon army members, most notably officer black when he deflected that rocket to him.

GT is non-canon but it still serves the fact that his personality is still practically the same in that run and shows his somewhat uncaring nature when he was still a child.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

His fights are cool but he is a very boring character.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the biggest argument against goku about his morality is he'll do dumb things like let the villain have a second chance. But what, in my opinion, a lot of people don't get about Goku is he's just a fighter at heart. He wants to fight people at their best. That's why he gives villains all these chances. Yeah he's good natured and doesn't want to kill anyone but at his core he's just looking for the toughest fight he can find. Which, to me, makes him fun to watch. He's the only shonen character I know that doesn't take fighting too seriously and actually enjoys it.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Goku, he is one of my favorite fictional characters ever. Even though I usually like villains/darker characters, I have been watching Dragon Ball since I was like 5 so he'll always be one of my favorites.

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#factsonly

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MetalJimmor

I'm sorry, but I can't trust someone who would eat a poor defenseless cloud.

It's more terrifying when you remember that one of his best friends was a sentient cloud he rode on to save the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

@squares: that's strange to me that you think Goku's morality irritates you, does this mean all good people in comics bother you? Lol. But hey, no one is the same and you may prefer villains over heroes....

And no one shuts up about him because so many people like him because of his morality and powers.

I don't think Goku's morality irritates me, I know it does. Also, I find your assertation that villains can't be good people rather odd.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta is cooler

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is a very boring character, he's the exact same character from the start of DBZ to the end of DBZ.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what's good about him is his never give up attitude, love for his family, optimistic, fun to watch, martial arts genius. what's bad about him is his lack of responsibility concerning anything but fighting and bad guys, lack of formal education, believes his code of honor supersedes normal ethics and morality, not a very good father. all in all he is a cool dude but no one l could count on to do anything other than fight and catch fish

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to be interesting when you're what everyone is copying :P

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Eh, I like him. He's a fun character, he's noble, and the anime he's in doesn't take itself too seriously. I'd rather have that up front that attempted "complex" characters that are really just pretentious attempts at being something more than action stars.