what do you think of GL: New Guardians and Batgirl?

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I'm thinking of adding GL:New Guardians and Batgirl to my pull list. But I'm still not sure. I think I might like new gaurdians because of the scifi plus carrol/rayner dynamic. As for batgirl, she's a great character but after I read her first trade, I didn't like it and didn't pickup another of her title. Maybe I judged it too harsh and should give it another chance. What do you all think of these 2 titles?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Batgirl picks up steam during and after Death of the Family. New Guardians remains my favorite GL book (although last issue had a terrible fill-in artist.) They're two of my faves. :)

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: awesome! So are rayner and carrol going to start a relationship?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lifeboy: It is most certainly headed in that direction. We've known about Carol's love for Kyle for awhile now, but Kyle just started getting the hint last issue.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I really like Batgirl. New guardians goes up and down in quality a lot IMO.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both books have potential to be a lot better. Batgirl is a decent book but not Gail Simone's best work and New Guardians is good but could be better.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've loved New Guardians through it's entire run. These last 2 or 3 issues have been OK. I'm hoping it'll pick up pace again. Nevertheless, if you have money to spend I recommend it. If you are iffy on spending more money, then it's not that big of a deal to be honest. If you do start reading it, I would recommend starting from the beginning if possible.