No Caption Provided

he didnt get enough screen time did he

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

He got more then any other supporting character, and was likeable from the get-go. His 'death' scene was one of the more moving scenes in the movie.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He did a good job acting in ABC's Once Upon a Time as the Mad Hatter.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He got a fair amount for a supporting character. The opening part right before he leaves for the war, him being rescued by Cap, then later missions with Cap before their final one on the train.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

@veshark said:

He got a fair amount for a supporting character. The opening part right before he leaves for the war, him being rescued by Cap, then later missions with Cap before their final one on the train.

Is it the same actor in the sequel?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@veshark said:

Is it the same actor in the sequel?

Yeap, Sebastian Stan's returning as the Winter Soldier.

rugrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rugrat

that's the point in the movie they didn't do anything to show that bucky was as skilled as he was in the comics besides sniping and having at least one fight scene all we know is that he is skilled with guns and know they'll bring him back in captain america 2 as winter soldier.

i know that the next captain america will be good, winter soldier is easy to pull off but i just think if they could have made made bucky barns look a little better in the first movie

maybe its me maybe i just dont like how they played his ''death''

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Considering the next film is called "The Winter Soldier" I'm assuming he'll get much more screen time.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Well don't hate me for my opinion, but I didn't like Bucky at all. To my mind Bucky should have been more like the kid sidekick that I was used to seeing in the comics.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Veshark

@rugrat said:

that's the point in the movie they didn't do anything to show that bucky was as skilled as he was in the comics besides sniping and having at least one fight scene all we know is that he is skilled with guns and know they'll bring him back in captain america 2 as winter soldier.

i know that the next captain america will be good, winter soldier is easy to pull off but i just think if they could have made made bucky barns look a little better in the first movie

maybe its me maybe i just dont like how they played his ''death''

You have to realize that the first movie was Cap's origin, they did the best they could. In the comics, Bucky being a kid sidekick was a cover story for his real purpose - a covert assassin and highly-trained soldier. But they obviously couldn't go this route in the movie, so all they showed was that he was a good soldier. I'm sure they can make up some explanation for why he can match blows with Cap himself.

I personally liked Buck's death. It gave an emotional moment to Cap that motivated the final act, and also I prefer him dying in a different location than Cap because the idea of both of them surviving the same blast is just way too coincidental. Silly, I know, but that's just me.