What do you recommend?

Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I'm 15 years old and do high school. So I don't have a job like supermarket or something. But I do make a small amount each month. So what is a monthly or even maybe a bi-weekly series that you would recommend? Also if possible one that is just starting so catching up won't be a huge task. I like Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine, Batman, Red Hood, etc. Thanks.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Amazing Spider-Man is about to relaunch in a couple months.

So is Ultimate Spider-Man.

You can jump on either of them at that point.

You can jump onto Batman at issue 21, then you'll only need to catch up with 6 issues.

Venom series was canceled, but you could check it out in trades if you want.

Any of the New 52 issues you can jump into easily at issue 1. Same with Marvel Now series. At most you'd only have to catch up on a couple dozen issues (which isn't that bad)

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@explodingpineapple: Well, I don't know what you already read, but I'll through out a few 2.99 titles I've been enjoying. Daredevil and Green Arrow are two of my favorites. If you want to try out a few indie comics TNMT and Five Ghosts are also great.

I would also recommend Thor: God of Thunder and Batman, but they're both 3.99.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ultimate Spider is currently having a supposedly good title, but Spider-Man is under a different concept as of now. For Wolverine, pick up Savage Wolverine. Batman currently has his highly recommended solo written by Scott Snyder, and I can't think of any good current titles for Red Hood.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I recommend anything from Valiant. It doesn't really matter what kind of reader you are. All their books are fantastic by any standards. Check out their books;I specifically recommend:

• X-O Manowar
  • Harbinger
  • Quantum & Woody
Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, guys. I think I might go for a TMNT and a Spider-Man. But I like peter so I might see if I can find Ultimate and go with that. So not sure about which comics I will get yet, but hopefully I will get some. Peter is coming back in March right? Thanks.