What do you like most about Comics?

Blazing Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Blazing Eagle

To all the people on Comcvine, we come here as fans/creators and discuss various issues concerning comics. But why do we love comics?

My question to you all is what do you like most about comicbooks? Is it the artwork? The writers, the page spreads, the genres? Continuity? Share with me your likes about this wonderful artform and medium of entertainment

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zenma

i like mangas because of their artwork

_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By _Obsidian_

I love the Legion of Super-Heroes because of the artwork, the stories, how close they are in age to me :D the diversity (nearly everybody are from different planets and have a different view of life and everything), etc, etc. The list could go on forever :p

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I like the art as well as the writing but I think I am more into the art.I have read books with crap story and good art before.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Static Shock

A good storyline. Any comic book can have some nice artwork. But, if the story/writing sucks, then the whole comic book sucks. To me, writing outweighs artwork. Always.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"A good storyline. Any comic book can have some nice artwork. But, if the story/writing sucks, then the whole comic book sucks. To me, writing outweighs artwork. Always.
"

True....I have read some comics with great art and crappy writing and vce versa,but a comic can only truly be good if the storyline is something you can get into.
Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ms. Invisible
Static Shock said:
"A good storyline. Any comic book can have some nice artwork. But, if the story/writing sucks, then the whole comic book sucks. To me, writing outweighs artwork. Always.
"
Not if you read books with Rob Liefield doing the art.
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Slinger

I'm all about the stories. I mean, I can appreciate some nice artwork, but a lot of the time I don't even really look at the pictures. Pages of fight sequences without dialog  are just boring to me.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Queen Kong
ARTWORK.
_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Obsidian_

The plot is an important detail, but I think the art is even more important. It'd be an accomplished disaster if Rob Liefeld started doing the art for Legion of Super-Heroes, for instance.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Twilight Man said:
"The plot is an important detail, but I think the art is even more important. It'd be an accomplished disaster if Rob Liefeld started doing the art for Legion of Super-Heroes, for instance.
"

He is by far the worst working artist.
zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By zero edge

Story and art keeps me reading.

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tenjin

awesome artwork and the fight scenes

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

the pretty pictures

Blazing Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Blazing Eagle

Twilight Man said:

"The plot is an important detail, but I think the art is even more important. It'd be an accomplished disaster if Rob Liefeld started doing the art for Legion of Super-Heroes, for instance.
"

Its both the artwork and the story that makes a great issue. Sometimes a comicbook could get by with some fancy art., But the art and the story are both equally important for a successful issue.

For example I would not have artist George Perez even though he is Terrific artist, I would not have him draw pages to a Wolverine story line that was meant to be dark and moody one. I would much rather have an artist who can specializes in dark moody images like  for example or better yet Todd Mcfarlane.

_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Obsidian_
Blazing Eagle said:
"

Twilight Man said:

"The plot is an important detail, but I think the art is even more important. It'd be an accomplished disaster if Rob Liefeld started doing the art for Legion of Super-Heroes, for instance."

Its both the artwork and the story that makes a great issue. Sometimes a comicbook could get by with some fancy art., But the art and the story are both equally important for a successful issue.

For example I would not have artist George Perez even though he is Terrific artist, I would not have him draw pages to a Wolverine story line that was meant to be dark and moody one. I would much rather have an artist who can specializes in dark moody images like  for example or better yet Todd Mcfarlane."

That is true of course, but Rob Liefeld is not good at any setting... :p
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
zero edge said:
"Story and art keeps me reading.
"

Agreed.It definately has to have both..one and not the other doesn't cut it.
Jokerette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jokerette

The thing that I really love in comics, first than the artwork is what you can find in characters. For this I like the Batman. And I love Bats' villains, because they are so... human. Look at Two Face: he always liked to make the law triumph. And now... on of the worst criminals and one of the saddest. I love rogues for their sick mind. And most of the times you discover that they're not sick, just hurt and worried and... sad.
Harley Quinn, little cute blond psychiatrist, now a twisted young woman madly in love with the Joker. Well, this is real life. Love DO makes you do crazy things, she's the prove. And the Joker.... such a wonderful chaos theory he shows in the Killing Joke. He went crazy, but why? Poor hurt, lost, desperate soul. Comics are really human sometimes.

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cavalry

The story is always the most important thing to me, everything else is secondary, past a minimum artwork level.

of course, story is a broad term that encompasses everything from writing to setting.

Ivan Krivier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ivan Krivier

Well, in comics we can see and read about things that we all wished to be, and yet we will never be able to do it, that's what I think.

may the force be with everyone
       Ivan out.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Andferne

Like many have said the artwork and the stories are what draws a main portion of my attention. But also the ideal. I love characters who have that moral center and can be that inspiration. Sometimes thats all you need in a role model, they don't always have to be flesh in blood.

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

when a character hits a critical emotional point and is forced to deal with their past demons

Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Desilation

when the protagonist does what it takes to fight for the greater good

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Calvin

Let's not forget about the Fantastic! - the incalculable value of human imagination.

Comics feed dreams. Dreams make the wheels of the creative process spin.
Creators are inspired by someone, something, and we are by them, which we, by any voluntary or involuntary action, will eventually, and hopefully, inspire another one.