What do you like better? Blackest night or Marvel zombies

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mikep12

Poll What do you like better? Blackest night or Marvel zombies (31 votes)

Blackest night 87%
Marvel zombies 13%

I personally liked the Blackest night better. Reasons why is because number one they didn't just throw a random universe at us and turn everyone into zombies. In the Blackest night we were put into the main DC universe with characters we actually were familiar with and had new and come to love. This was also the problem with Marvel zombies return where they try to make us care about Spiderman and how he ate Mary Jane and Aunt May but for all we know they could have been murders responsible for tons of death cause we didn't know who they were. Second the story for Blackest night was a lot deeper I felt as it had this whole prophecy about it and readers of the original Captain Atom comic would know that Nekron even made an appearance in it. Marvel zombies felt more like every superhero and villain got turn into a zombie and ate all the normal people but how did people like Iron man, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black widow not get eaten right away did they just let themselves get bit so they could join the others, and some people I don't even understand how they got turn into zombies like the Thing who's body is basically just rock. Third the Marvel zombies had free will and intellect. They could have realized what they were doing and stopped especially the hero zombies. I mean I would have understood if they ate a couple of people and then realized and stopped then fought the villain zombies who continued to eat people, but this totally made see all these heroes in a different way and the bad way. Black lanterns were controlled by rings while also retaining there intellect. Fourth everything in Marvel zombies seemed sketched out. What I mean by this is that everything had to be a certain way. Galactus being made of flesh, Silver surfer getting eaten even though even 616 he can reform his body, and how sentry carried the disease so they could say it was alien so it could effect Thor and how Sand man didn't exist in the first comic and he could have easily cleaned up all of the zombies. Finally the endings. The Marvel zombies always ended in End? which to me was like really another. I liked Blackest night cause it had an awesome conclusion the let into another great series, but that's besides the point. Basically I'm saying the event ended even though Marvel zombies wasn't an event necessarily it still could have ended especially because the whole infinite loop thing which was kind of dumb. For all these reasons and more I like the Blackest night better and they get my vote

• 
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

It's like comparing apples to oranges...these two shouldn't be put together to be judged like that.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gambit474

Actually they can cosmic..BN was vastly better simply because it had the better writing and story arcs. MZ on the other hand started off good,I guess,and then went downhill from there to the point of where the series felt like they were just beating the dead horse. It's like they started putting out Marvel zombies just to have a marvel zombies series out

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MZ sucked and BN was awesome.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Blackest Night was amazing

Superior storyline, incredible art work-What's not to like

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everything above

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackest ofcourse.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikep12

@jphu8414:

Agreed I'm looking at the comic right now and realizing how awesome the art was

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Blackest night

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BN

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackest night .........rise

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Blackest Night

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By the_tree

Blackest Night.

I found Marvel Zombies to be s###.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Blackest Night.Marvel Zombies was horrible in my opinion.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 SC  Moderator

I liked Blackest Night more than Marvel Zombies probably because Blackest Night was intended to be a serious cohesive story set i continuity and Zombies was intended to be a fun gimmicky alt reality thing. This really seems like an Apples to Oranges thing. Original Marvel Zombies series was like five issues? Compared to Blackest Night having around 70 issues counting tie ins? This is a bit like comparing All Star Batman to Infinity.

I liked Necrosha better than both excluding the weak ending.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I feel the comparison should be between Blackest Night and Necrosha

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackest night is better but Marvel Zombies is very hilarious

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeepeh

Blackest Night was an actual canonical story. It had effects on everyone, brought multiple people back from the dead such as MM. And nekron is a cooler villain then zombies, sorry I have a thing for scythes. =D