what do you guys think about them barley using static shock in the new 52

theancientking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll what do you guys think about them barley using static shock in the new 52 (13 votes)

it sucks hes a good character 77%
good i didnt like him anyways 15%
i dont know who static shock is 8%

the title

• 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well, he did have his own series briefly. Hopefully he joins the Titans once that title gets its sh*t together.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I never really liked him. His power set is very meh. And I can think of at least 3 other characters that have pretty much the same powers. He's just never been interesting to me. I did enjoy the cartoon

Though. As a young black kid a black super hero was cool. But now that I'm older I don't really care about him because he doesn't seem interesting as a character to me

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWind

Very, very annoyed. Static is my favorite hero, bar none, and DC completely messed him over. Taking him out of Dakota? Away from his supporting cast? Ignoring his villains to use ones that no one was interested in? Not even trying to use elements from the cartoon to draw in older fans? Complete, 100% fail. Not to mention DC editorial supposedly interfering with the book instead of letting the writer do their job. Good thing Dwayne McDuffie wasn't alive to see that.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very, very annoyed. Static is my favorite hero, bar none, and DC completely messed him over. Taking him out of Dakota? Away from his supporting cast? Ignoring his villains to use ones that no one was interested in? Not even trying to use elements from the cartoon to draw in older fans? Complete, 100% fail. Not to mention DC editorial supposedly interfering with the book instead of letting the writer do their job. Good thing Dwayne McDuffie wasn't alive to see that.

Ah truth man you said it the same as I would. Good thing is right, it was like they were just marketing an image. DC seems to have a knack for making black character centered titles that inevitably bombed. Mr.terrific could've been a great book, and Batwing I think was insulting to black readers, how they made go from an african fighting corruption, drugs, and slavery, To Lucius Fox's MMA fighting son, which was pretty forced. Why does the black character always have to be over masculated.

Back to Static, I think the editorial is flat out passively racist. It'd be a shock to hear that considering they ater to pretty much the world with their characters, but it seems true. Let's not forget they wanted to kill off Jon Stewart an issue ago and then back peddled and even called the writer that refused a liar. It's like Rob Liefield runs DC's editorial staff.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackWind

It was overall a very lazy attempt. DC does not even realize how much potential Static has. They gave him a half assed attempt at a comic. When he appears again, I want all the boring, stupid junk from his reboot comic ignored.