what do I read before and after Infinite Crisis?

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It all seems confusing

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

Could you be more specific?

You could read the one shot "Countdown to Infinite Crisis" and then the 4 mini series lead ins OMAC, Villains United, Day of Vengeance, and Rann-Thanagar War, but you don't need to (I didn't read DoV or RTW).

After Infinite Crisis there's 52 (a weekly) which leads into Countdown (another weekly) which lead into Final Crisis.

Again, if you can be more specific about what you are interested in.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devitciiu: He just wants to read the main events and not too much.He asked me but I told him I dont know

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. The main events are Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis.

In between Identity and Infinite are Countdown to Infinite Crisis (a good lead in) and then Villains United, Day of Vengeance, and Rann-Thanagar (each are 6 issues) and OMAC (6 issues but crosses over with numerous other titles, notably Wonder Woman 219). I'd recommend Countdown to Infinite Crisis and which introduces the other 4, and then selecting which ones (if any) you want to read.

Then there's 52 and Countdown to Final Crisis which total 104 issues. These are definitely supplemental readings and not necessary.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber:

The main events go like this Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Blackest Night, Flashpoint (which creates the new 52), then Forever Evil (which is new 52).

If you really want to look at the big Universe altering events it goes Crisis on Infinite Earths (merges all the various Earths), Zero Hour (resets the timeline/history), Infinite Crisis (brings back the multiverse) and then Flashpoint (which creates the new 52).

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been reading everything pre-new 52 and its way better than the new 52.Seriously makes me wish I started reading comics earlier when it was still around.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's between Blackest Night and Flashpoint. 24 issues, so more like 52 or Final Crisis.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems so confusing://// I just want to read everything necessary to get Super Boy Prime's story and everything, but I want it to make sense so I probably need to read something before hand im guessing. Anybody care to break it down for me? Like exactly what I need to read? So far all I know is infinite crisis but this just confused me worse :/

Dadrocant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you really want to know what to read before infinite crisis, then I suggest you check out Crisis 2 Crisis, which has a pretty detailed list of issues to get you from one major DC even to the next.