#1 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

I read most of Waid's indestructible run except for the last arc. I got behind and Once I found out they were starting over I thought "what's the point?".

Now I find out there might still be a "point".

Can anyone give me the gist because I'm excited for this new issue but I don't want to be confused.

#2 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17829 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to know that Banner gets shot in the head after his realization that he's been acting selfish. He made a promise that he wouldn't let his envy get in the way and then BAM, some shot him in the back of the head.

#4 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to know that it's probably not worth your time if you are expecting much of Hulk himself, if you are looking forward to Banner, than by all means read on.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17829 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: just read the first issue, throughly enjoyed it. Give it a shot.

#6 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks yeah I actually read it before seeing this thread again. I wasn't a fan. I feel like they erased all the character development Waid put in with Indestructible. I thoroughly enjoyed that series so I'm still in mourning.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17829 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@theacidskull said:

thanks yeah I actually read it before seeing this thread again. I wasn't a fan. I feel like they erased all the character development Waid put in with Indestructible. I thoroughly enjoyed that series so I'm still in mourning.

The last arc was bad, other than that it was pretty good. And they didn't erase anything, waid is however taking a different approach , Banner will be shifting personalities now, while hulk will remain constant. So both characters have a lot going for them right now, we'll see hulk be his own here while banner must get back on his feat.

#8 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a tip... Waid is a good writer but he tries so hard to be clever that he makes stories boring and most characters boring.