What didn't you like about the Justice League Animated Series?

Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Justize

I didn't like the fact that Kyle Rayner guest-starred in one episode!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

I didn't like that it ended.

Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Justize
@G-Man: It felt rushed, didn't it?
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

Not enough Captain Marvel or Joker.

Jane McClane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jane McClane

Superman got hurt alot...

Midnight Cowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Midnight Cowl
@Justize said:
"@G-Man: It felt rushed, didn't it?"

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SUNMAN
@Jane McClane said:
" Superman got hurt alot... "
It wasn't Canon comic Superman, and he did not always seem that impressive. Sometimes I felt they made him stronger or weaker to influence the story.

I loved Justice League when it came out but looking back on it I have some issues.

• Batman doing just as well as other League members who were stronger than him, against Braniac robots or against Darkseid's minions
  • Superman and GL's sometimes inconsistent showings
  • the fact that Dick Grayson never made an appearance(that silhouette in Grudge Match does not count)  but Speedy(Roy) randomly did

but overall the show was amazing and its hard to do anything perfectly so you just have to live with these minor things.
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Agent

Freaking bat-embargo

It says that no Batman ally (Nightwing, Batgirl and/or Robin) can make any talking appearance

Not a lot of Kyle Rayner

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SUNMAN
@Chaos Agent said:
" Freaking bat-embargoIt says that no Batman ally (Nightwing, Batgirl and/or Robin) can make any talking appearanceNot a lot of Kyle Rayner "
agreed on the Bat embargo.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Methos
@Justize said:
" I didn't like the fact that Kyle Rayner guest-starred in one episode!!! "

yeah... he like totally should have had the entire series to himself

*twirls his hair and blows some bubblegum*

Right, airhead moments over?

character bashing is only going to get even more sarcasm from me until i pisses me off... and that's not just GL, it's any character...

personally i loved JL and JLU... i thought they could have done better with a lot of the storyarcs and kept them a lot more faithful to the original comics, but other than that i don't have any real complaints

M
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Apparition
@SUNMAN said:
" @Jane McClane said:
It wasn't Canon comic Superman, and he did not always seem that impressive. Sometimes I felt they made him stronger or weaker to influence the story.

I loved Justice League when it came out but looking back on it I have some issues.

• Batman doing just as well as other League members who were stronger than him, against Braniac robots or against Darkseid's minions
  • the fact that Dick Grayson never made an appearance(that silhouette in Grudge Match does not count)  but Speedy(Roy) randomly did

but overall the show was amazing and its hard to do anything perfectly so you just have to live with these minor things.
"
i agree!
burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By burr787

The heroes were kind of asses during the entire series, sort of thinking they were better than the rest of the world.

@Justize said:

" I didn't like the fact that Kyle Rayner guest-starred in one episode!!! "
I didn't like that Hal Jordan guest stared for a total of 5 minutes.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SUNMAN said:
" @Jane McClane said:

"
grayson did make a cameo appearance, in that episode where vandal savage had taken over the world in world war 2
Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Justize
@burr787: Though, I can understand where you're coming from. I personally hate Hal---I'm that generation that grew up with Kyle and loved him! But like I said, I totally understand. It was more like 5 seconds rather than 5 minutes. One minute here's there the next John returns. I must say though, that was the weirdest place for a cameo. Why couldnt we see him when Amazo came back for Luthor in that episode when the popular Lantern's appeared?
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ARMIV

Me,I didn't like the fact that it ended...

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Justize said:
" @burr787: Though, I can understand where you're coming from. I personally hate Hal---I'm that generation that grew up with Kyle and loved him! But like I said, I totally understand. It was more like 5 seconds rather than 5 minutes. One minute here's there the next John returns. I must say though, that was the weirdest place for a cameo. Why couldnt we see him when Amazo came back for Luthor in that episode when the popular Lantern's appeared? "
because in the normal JLU timeline, hal jordan was never a lantern.
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SUNMAN
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @SUNMAN said:
" @Jane McClane said:

"
grayson did make a cameo appearance, in that episode where vandal savage had taken over the world in world war 2 "
good point. I forgot about that two second cameo. What I meant to say is I wish he got at least two or five minutes on the show as Nightwing, or he did something cool.
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit
I didn't like the Tanegarian (?) episodes they were too boring for my taste...............

I loved Flash in love with fire xD it was so funny to see his expression when she got close to him XD

Hell, Flash was the heart and soul of that show XD

Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Justize
@G'bandit said:
" I didn't like the Tanegarian (?) episodes they were too boring for my taste...............I loved Flash in love with fire xD it was so funny to see his expression when she got close to him XDHell, Flash was the heart and soul of that show XD "
So true
Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Justize
@the human Juggernaut: you know what's a better question...where was Guy Gardner---our favorite jerk of a Green Lantern.
burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By burr787
@Justize: Hal's my favorite Lantern and in my top 5 favorite heroes, and other than that horrible Super Friends cartoon he has been screwed out of every cartoon. All he has been given is a guest appearance on The Batman, but that show was horrible. Even Guy and that dog thing green lantern have gotten more screen time than Hal in like the past 30 years. I want more Hal!
Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Justize
@burr787: To be honest Hal is okay--I just never thought he was a cool enough Green Lantern cause he would make these stupid things with his ring, while Kyle did some really imaginative stuff with him. But Hal is the favorite---that's why he's the star in the upcoming animated movie. I might like Hal too much, but I'm still going to watch it. In my opinion, Sinestro is bad ass!!
stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stormlover1994

I love it, but it made me kind of mad just the fact that: Superman, Green Lantern and Hawk Girl where there. I hate their personalities but without most of them it would not have been JL.

Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Justize
@stormlover1994: Well Superman and Green Lantern had to be there, if you think about it. I don't know about Hawkgirl, though. You didn't like the whole relationship between lantern and hawkgirl?
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By danhimself

I wanted more connectivity between episodes....I like the shows where each season is one story arc

Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Detective

would have liked to see some Batman characters

stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By stormlover1994
@Justize said:
"@stormlover1994: Well Superman and Green Lantern had to be there, if you think about it. I don't know about Hawkgirl, though. You didn't like the whole relationship between lantern and hawkgirl?"

not so much, and I meant their personalities and attitudes: Hawk Girl (she thinks she can eat the whole world) GL (Is kind of boring and has a cocky attitude) and Superman (way too goody goody two shoes)
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SUNMAN

personally I like Hal Jordan but he is not my favorite Green Lantern. I like Kyle and John more. I also sometimes like Guy and alien characters more.

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Justize said:
" @the human Juggernaut: you know what's a better question...where was Guy Gardner---our favorite jerk of a Green Lantern. "
guy gardner actually did show up in the superman animated serioes, which is in continuity as far as JLU goes
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By Zoom
@SUNMAN said:
"

Welcome to the DCU. ^_^
Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Sick_j0k3
@G-Man said:
" I didn't like that it ended. "
Agreed, good man
Avatar image for captain_solaris
Captain Solaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Captain Solaris

One of my favourite animated series of all time. Was gutted when finally ended.

The thing I didn't like most was John and Shayera's relationship...on the other hand Bruce and Diane's relationship, I would have liked to have seen more happen with that.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

In interviews the creators state that Hawkgirl was in it originally to get another female on the team to balance it a little.

They also said that many fans complained that they made Superman look like a wuss. This was because they were focusing on other characters because they already did three seasons of Superman. They made him not get beat up as much as the series went on.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dondasch

I enjoyed the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited series immensely.  To me, I am not concerned about the "Bat Embargo" as I was not interested in seeing those characters.  Frankly, they would have gotten in the way of the Justice League.  I liked the way that the first two seasons were structured, as I am more of a fan of multiple part stories than the one shot standards that dominated Justice League Unlimited.  I think that the series ended way too soon and there seem to be some power issues, particularly Superman.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34  Edited By Dreadmaster

It was alright but i wish i could have seen Hal Jordan more other than a little cameo.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only problem I had was that it ended too soon.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sidney
@Aronmorales said:
"Not enough Captain Marvel or Joker."

Agreed. Show was great.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sidney

Anybody esle love that episode when Batman sings?

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LP
@SUNMAN said:
" @Jane McClane said:
They did and they do with almost all of their characters, especially ones that were made originally being nigh-omnipotent.
The only thing I didn't like about that however... was how they made him in my opinion, TOO weak on average in the series.

@ARMIV
said:
" Me,I didn't like the fact that it ended... "
Same!
Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Justize
@the human Juggernaut: he appeared as a thug, right? Trying to rob Jimmy Olsen in "Brightest Day" but I want a real appearance
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sidney

Funniest episode was when Batman was singing.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By speedlgt

I loved the show!

but I didnt like that john stwert was the chosen green lantern I rank 3rd or forth as a GL........it should have been Hal or Kyle I would have prefered Kyle. Also another Gl problem was the way they used his powers nothing bu beams and bubles kinda lame for the powerful weapon in the universe.
Hawkgirl is very cool but I would have prefered to have Green Arrow as the last member of the core team his character in general brings a great element to the team.

also It could have used that tension between superman and WW that happens all the time in comics.....yeah it was cool that her and batman kinda had a silent attraction but the same could have been done with superman...............cause we all know she wants to break lois lanes neck and take her man! OHHHHH SNAP!