What did you guys get for Free Comic Book Day?

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By nightwingnerd

For free books I got: Superman, Sonic/Mega Man, Star Wars/Avatar, and the DC Nation super sampler.

For buys I got: Batwing #9, Superior Spider-Man #9, Superior #2, Superior #4, Green Lantern #18, Fantastic Four #5 AU, and Avenging Spider-Man #16. I also got a sketch on my Superior #1 blank cover. What did you guys get?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Always forget about this day. Would be a great day just to pick up some stuff to read on.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: That stinks man I hope you're able to go next year.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

I got DC's Superman special (which confused the hell out of me because it was a pre-52 story), Marvels Infinity prequel, Brian Woods Star Wars #1 (not a star wars fan but I thought I'd give it a shot) along with some Valiant #1's (they were a dollar each) Shadowman, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, & Harbringer.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil
nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nightwingnerd
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@nightwingnerd: I didn't think it was anything special to be honest. You didn't miss out.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nightwingnerd

@arturocalakayvee: I only got the Superman because I thought the Unchained preview would be an actual preview not an interview.

Saranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up Infinity, The Walking Dead and 2000AD for free. After spending what felt like a few hundred years in my local store's back-issue basement, I eventually bought the Amazing Spider-Man 529-532 and Ragman 1-4 (From the limited series of the 1990s). It was a good day.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

I don't remember the free ones I got; I know I got the Mass Effect, Walking Dead, and Infinity issues; don't remember the rest.

For trades, I bought: DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore and 9/11.

Issues: Uncanny X-Men 1-3 and Uncanny X-Force #1 ("Marvel Now" issues).

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I got the Dark Horse book with the Star Wars mini, Avatar mini, and a preview. I also got the DC and Marvel books as well as a Simpsons comic, Cartoon minis comic, Judge Dredd comic, and a Walking Dead comic. I bought Blue Beetle #2 & 3 pre-new 52. I'm trying to slowly get every issue of that volume, but I have scattered issues (not in order).

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For free:Superman, Infinity, Walking Dead, Judge Dredd

Bought: Avengers #9

There was also a hot Poison Ivy cosplayer there.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It was a good day! :D

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 owie  Moderator

Infinity, Star Wars, Aphrodite, and TMNT. I liked the TMNT best, I thought it was a fun story. Amazing art for Aphrodite, so many of those eastern European artists are so amazing. But the story didn't knock me out. Awesome showing for Darth Vader in Star Wars. I was hoping to get Marble Season but they didn't have it.

My kids got Kaboom, World of Archie, Smurfs, Atomic Robo, DC Nation Sampler, Sonic the Hedgehog, Hulk and SMASH, and Mega Man.

They also had a big back issue sale and I picked up 32 comics for $8 from their discount bin: a lot of old Star Brands, the 80s Eternals mini, and some other random stuff. Great haul.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By xxxddd

I can never participate in free comic-book day.

Vorien79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

We had a ball this year! And the kids met superman...

No Caption Provided

I picked up:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

My LCS was also having a gift with purchase, so after grabbing my week's pulls, a few Essentials I wanted and a toy for my son I got an Extremis HC free!

No Caption Provided

All in all a great day!

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't able to go on Saturday, but I went on Sunday and there were a few free comics left. I got Marvel Infinity which I really wanted and The Walking Dead which I'm going to give to my sister as a joke Mother's Day present. I also bought Earth 2 # 12 and Green Arrow # 20. I also wanted Stormwatch # 20 but it was sold out.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

FCBD Special Issues: Judge Dredd Classics, Prince Valiant, Ramayan: 3392 AD, The Red Ten, The Tick, Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Prelude, Dragonball/Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration, Chakra the Invincible, Infinity, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Mouse Guard, Star Wars/Captain Midnight/Avatar: The Last Airbender, Bongo Comics Free-For-All, Superman: The Last Son of Krypton, and The Smurfs/Annoying Orange/ARiOL

Stuff I got for free: Infinity Inc. #46, Transformers: Focus on Decepticons, Secret Defenders #3, Eclipso: The Darkness Within #1-2, Young Allies #1-2 & 4, Majestic #4, Fantastic Four: Big Town #3, Justice Society of America #38 & 42 & 45, The Punisher 2099 #1 & 6, The Punisher: War Journal #32, The Comet Man #4, Icons: The Vision #2, Deadman #4, Dr. Fate #19, The Spectre #16, Checkmate #8, Grendel #7, Doc Thunder #153, The Demon #37, X-Men Unlimited #47, and DC Universe Holiday Special 2010

Back Issues I bought: All-American Comics #1, Sensation Comics #1, Smash Comics #1, National Comics #1, Thrilling Comics #1, All-Star Comics #1-2, Madame Xanadu One-Shot, National Comics: Madame X #1, Venom: Lethal Protector #1-4, Venom: Funeral Pyre #2-3, Martian Manhunter Special, Christmas With The Super-Heroes Special #2, Justice Riders, Batman/Demon, Doom Patrol: We Who Are About To Die TPB, Doom Patrol: Brotherhood TPB, Judge Dredd's Crime File #1, Chuck Norris: Karate Commandos #1, and Wonder Man #2

Ongoing stuff I bought: Avengers #10, Indestructible Hulk #7, Detective Comics #20, Sonic Universe #51, Sonic the Hedgehog #248, Fury of Firestorm #19, Savage Hawkman #19, The Flash #19, and Talon #7

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@arturocalakayvee: I only got the Superman because I thought the Unchained preview would be an actual preview not an interview.

Yeah, same here. I still enjoyed the story, though. And the interview.

I'm defiantly picking up Superman Unchained when it comes out. One of my favorite writers and my favorite artist working on the same title? This is going to be awesome!

In addition to Superman: Last son of Krypton, I also got Star Wars, Infinity, FUBAR, and Judge Dredd classics.

I bought Batman #523 and 524. All-in-all a pretty good day for my comic collection.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

New-52 Superman #1, Infinity, IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Adventures, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the Strangers, the Bongo Free-For-All, Ramayan, Judge Dredd, 2000 AD, and the Kaboom Summer Blast.

I didn't buy anything else, having worked the whole weekend there. I was just ready to go home. As usual, they'll get plenty of my money on Wednesday.