Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: What day do you get your comics? (32 votes)

Wednesday 66%
Thursday (1 day after NCBD) 9%
Friday (2 days after NCBD) 3%
Saturday (3 days after NCBD) 13%
Sunday (4 days after NCBD) 3%
Monday (5 days after NCBD) 0%
Tuesday (6 days after NCBD) 0%
A week + after NCBD 6%

Overall what day do you get your comics. I pre-order and then generally arrive on Fridays, however sometimes i buy from a different seller and i get them Saturdays. Sometimes (although rarely) i go to my LCS on Wednesdays.

#1 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Due to the shipping fee I get all the good once in the end of the month.

#2 Edited by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga: Planning to move to a city with it's own comic store so I can get my comics every wednesday.

#4 Edited by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by consafo80 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually on Saturday but on occasion Friday, very rare I can ever get through for Wednesday

#7 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually Sunday sometimes Saturday

#8 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Saturday

#9 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5697 posts) - - Show Bio

DC digital first thing in the AM, Marvel digital in the afternoon and indies I goto store during the day to pick them up.

#10 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Wednesday.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12664 posts) - - Show Bio

Wed-Nes-Day. Sometimes Thursday.

@mucklefluga: Planning to move to a city with it's own comic store so I can get my comics every wednesday.

Why not buy digital until then? Not a fan?

#12 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Wed-Nes-Day. Sometimes Thursday.

@themanintheshoe said:

Why not buy digital until then? Not a fan?

There's something about not holding your comics in your hand and having them on a device that i can't get over. Yet.

Although i am thinking about getting 1 or 2 titles digitally as it is cheaper for me and as you said you get to read them on the day.

#13 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I'm doing that as well, but I have a small budget and a small pull list, and there's a difference between digital and the priceless feeling holding a real comic book. So the best titles I wait to get for that feeling. Plus, it's easier to collect comic books that way.

#14 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually Wednesday, but sometimes I'll skip a week if I'm too busy doing something. I hate having a double-sized stack though, lol

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12664 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga: @themanintheshoe: I converted to digital last year on comixology because it's more "organized" for me but I won't lie, it's not nearly as enjoyable. Holding the comics in my hand is such a great feeling but it takes up so much space week after week. It's like giving up something to get something in return.

#16 Edited by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah, that's what's stopping me. Do you think art looks better on paper or on a device?

#17 Posted by Catsnlynne (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

I get mine on Saturday.

#18 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: And you get a lot of 0.99 deals on digital which saves money (or spends them but spends less)

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12664 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Definitely looks better on paper but sometimes the colors seem to pop more on a device.

@mucklefluga: Yes, definitely a plus too! I love the Marvel Monday Deals they do and such. Makes past books easier to catch up on. And DC comics go down a dollar after a week too.

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually Wednesdays, but sometimes I can't make it so either Thursday, Friday, or the next Wednesday. Digitals I buy as soon as they're availible.

#21 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

I buy them on whatever day I happen to wander in to the comic shop. My appearance is usually predicted on how much burnable income I currently have in my wallet. Like this week, I won't be stopping in at all. I've been told not to come in on Tuesdays, as Wednesday's comics have been placed in my file, but are absolutely not for sale... until Wednesday. To which my response is A.) why would you ever tell one of your customers not to patronize your store on a day that you're open for business, & B.) don't put books in my file that aren't for sale yet. That's on you, not me.

#22 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

My schedule actually allows me to make it at opening on Wed. So anything that's not on my pull list will probably still be there when I arrive. As a result I end up buying lots of things that I'm not pulling.

#23 Edited by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

Wednesday, of course. I'm not very patient when it comes to getting my comics. When I want 'em, I want 'em. And I want them as soon as I can get them haha

#24 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

Wednesday, of course. I'm not very patient when it comes to getting my comics. When I want 'em, I want 'em. And I want them as soon as I can get them haha

Yes, I'm up there waiting for the store to open, fogging up the store windows and checking my watch.

#25 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on what day I can get off from work.

Wednesday through Saturday.

#26 Posted by bob808 (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

Wednesday

#27 Posted by sagejonathan (2033 posts) - - Show Bio

Every 2 weeks I go on a Wednesday to pick up my books.

#28 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

When ever I get taken to the store.

#29 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

When ever I get taken to the store.

THIS. Or when I am allowed to buy them through amazon. I am subscribed to The Flash and Age of Ultron, but they take so long to get home, especially marvel. If I have cash, I give it to a friend who goes and buys them for me. My parents opinion on comics is very negative that's why

#30 Posted by snarkybits (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Thursday while I'm out to lunch, or Saturday if I can't make it out Thursday.

#31 Posted by Farkam (5303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sundays or Wednesdays

#32 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess i'm the only Friday dude ahaha.

#33 Posted by Octoskull (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually on Wednesday. However, my LCS has 25% off on back issues every Thursday, so if the pull list is a little light I'll go on a Thursday and get some items from the bins.

#34 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8748 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it varies for me. I try to get them every Wednesday, but sometimes I'm not able to go till Saturday or the next week even.