#1 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

It has come to my attention a few months ago, thta the reason why Japanese comics are so popular here is because of this... ALMOST ALL OF THEM HAS A TV SHOW!! Not only that, but they put some real time effort into them, rather than making cheap and silly, like Flash cartoons. And recently, the network producers have beeing reusing the same ideas over and over. Like Batman, Transformers, Spider-Man, and X-Men.

So I ask myself, what shows should they make, and I came up with a short list.

-Wonder Woman, because there is a serious lack of heroines on the TV and she is due for a show (Bats and Supes have been getting them by the barrel load).

-Spider-Girl because she's cool and will be a nice change of pace from Spider-Man from Peter Paker's point of view.

-Invinicble because it seems like a comic worthy to be on TV.

#2 Posted by Angelic Reaper (7540 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a Wonder woman cartoon!

What about Capitan America?

#3 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Of course Cap needs a TVshow, of course it would be about how cap is torn between the governemnt and helping people.

Also, Kamandi would make a a good show, nothing like a kid who really has the whole world against him.

#4 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk Girl

#5 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5400 posts) - - Show Bio

they should d o avengers series like they did with justice league

#6 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6199 posts) - - Show Bio

We have Smallville, so how about Gotham?

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

Spider-man

Black Panther

#8 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

silver surfer,man thing or ghost rider

#9 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers, daredevil, fantastic four, superman, spiderman, wonder woman, blue beetle, squadron supreme, captain america, thor, and green lantern

#10 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

The Boys and Agent Zero - Perfect for HBO

Cable- NBC would love that drama

The Darkness- Sci Fi channel

#11 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

A re-do on the Witchblade, presenting each unique bearer at a time before moving to a cohesive story that puts them all in one big picture. Not the way Turner Tv destroyed the whole concept of it.

X-Babies tv show, I want to see the cutie version of the demented adult version. A south park take on this lovable muties!

The Magdalena is a good tv like character.

#12 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back teen titans but make it more comic like.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing - Follow his adventures when he first moved to Bludhaven

Green Lantern - Anything would be awesome lol

The Darkness - i could see that being an awesome TV series

Booster Gold - Think a cross between Quantum Leap and TimeCop but with more slapstick humor

M

#14 Posted by catalysistro (17 posts) - - Show Bio

the runaways live action

impulse cartoon

strangers in paradise live action. i bet this show would squash greys anatomy

thor with triple H as the thunder god

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Nightwing - Follow his adventures when he first moved to BludhavenGreen Lantern - Anything would be awesome lolThe Darkness - i could see that being an awesome TV seriesBooster Gold - Think a cross between Quantum Leap and TimeCop but with more slapstick humorM"

i like ur ideas for Booster Gold

Mine would be

Hitman-Seriously this could be a great idea. I wouldnt want a continuation off of where the comic ended but maybe a rehash.

Transmetropolitan-HBO exclusive thats all i gotta say

Deadpool-Come on you know this would be great.

Alright time for comics i think should be made into Mini Series

Sandman- i really dont see a long series for this but a mini maybe. Part of me says wouldnt do it justice but then the otehr half says at least its a start

Ex Machina-Again a series that would be a great movie or mini series.

and last but not least

Preacher-yes i know its been in TV limbo forEVER but it hasnt come yet and i doubt that waht they say will happen anytime soon. But this is my fav out of all of them

#16 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been notcing tha;t they're starting animated seires after a movie comes out, example include The Batman after 'Batman Begins,' Transformers Animated after the Micheal Bay movie, X-men Evolution after the first X-Men movie, and the Fantastic Four after the Fantastic Four movie So I guess Iron Man has a shot.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Green Lantern

2. Black Panther

3. Lobo

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#19 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

Nightwing

Captain Atom

Firestorm (Jason Rusch)

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Walking Dead is a good one. There's a continuous story that has drama and excitement beyond the initial pull (zombies). Lots of issues that can be translated straight into a lot of episodes. Could easily be done as a live action thing.

X-Factor. I just love it so much.

Ultimate Spider-Man and Blue Beetle are practically made for tv. They have lots of humor and solid characters (both main and supporting).

Nextwave. Not your momma's Saturday morning cartoon!

Wildcats (volume 2 and 3.0) could be excellent as long as it's not like the other wildcats cartoon.

Midnighter. TV already has tons of senseless violence, Midnighter would fit right in.

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Midnighter. TV already has tons of senseless violence, Midnighter would fit right in."

Sounds like it would have to be on Adult Swim.

#22 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I like some of the ideas above, some are the same as mine

Wonder woman-We see a lot of Superman and Batman because they are the most popular and well known characters of DC. But Wonder Woman deserves to have his own series, she is a great character and as a member of the trinity she should be able to get one.

Green Lantern-Come on you know it would work if done right. This could even lead to one moment show events like Emerald Twilight, Rebirth, Sinestro Corps, etc.

Nightwing-Yeah I know big surprise lol. The program can start with Dick Grayson leaving the role of Robin and going in a quest to find his own place and identity, if done right it could be one of the best series I've seen and also to prevent not having enough audience they could make it clear that Robin has left Batman to become his own hero and that they'll show you how. People would get interested in the subject that way, well at least it happened to me.

Teen Titans-Many people complained that the series was too childish. While I agree with that the series was still good and had his great moments like Roobin becoming Slade's aprentice, however making it for a bigger audience and showing other characters more recent like Impulse, Tim Drake and Superboy would be great.

Batman and the outsiders-YOu know that if it has Batman in his name and is well done it would work.

Aquaman-The series that was going to be launched looked awesome

Batman-Originally there was going to be something like Smallville featuring a young Bruce Wayne and his steps to become Batman. Done right it could be awesome

#23 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be none. They now a days tend to soften characters up and give kids the wrong idea about people.

#24 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I just found out that their is another Batman show (What a surprise), this time around it's Brave and the Bold. From what it says here on the Vine, it will have rotating cast, including the new Blue Beetle.

#25 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

the greatest american hero....but done kick ass!

cap needs a show

and Thor

#26 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

y:The Last Man would work really well as an ongoing network series.

#27 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoons: 1. Authority (For adults) 2. Captain America (Adult style using the characters Steve Rogers as Cap, Winter Soldier, Nick Fury, Sharon Carter, and Falcon. 3. Avengers "Unlimited" Nuff said! 4. Legion of Super Heroes (more adult theme)

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Runaways

2.Avengers

3.Heroes for Hire

4.Thunderbolts

5.New Warriors

#29 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"1.Runaways2.Avengers3.Heroes for Hire4.Thunderbolts5.New Warriors"

Live action or cartoon?

#30 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
POHOCOM said:
"

Vance Astro says:

"1.Runaways2.Avengers3.Heroes for Hire4.Thunderbolts5.New Warriors"

Live action or cartoon?

"
Talking about cartoon shows, with the Batman Animated series budget.
#31 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Uncanny x-men
  • Young avengers
  • X-factor sans Rhane
  • Madame Mirage
  • Weapon x
  • Next Wave
  • Ultimate x-men
  • Thunderbolts
  • Runaways
  • Titans
  • Nyx [=
#32 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Regular Series:
Avengers
- following them from the inception of the team.  Doesnt start until the second season of Captain America.
Captain America - starting out with him in WWII in the first season and then ending up with his side adventures while he is an Avenger.
Fantastic Four - starts out with the beginnings of their team, closely folling the comic book mythos and ignoring the movies.
Spider-Man - you cant have marvel cartoons without Spider-Man
X-Men - the first year starting with Scott's team, holding off Storm, Wolverine and their group.
Marvel Showcase - bringing in 3 to 10 episode story arcs following anyone from Iron Fist to villains like Pyro.  I would use this to highlight unknown characters to see if they can shine in the spotlight.

Justice League - you cant go wrong with the Justice League.
Superman - Ditto
Batman - Ditto
Green Lantern Corps - I would run story arcs for the Green Lanterns, focusing primarily on Earth's GL, but I would certainly show off a lot of the others.
Teen Titans - going back to the 80s version and I would leave out any anime style comedy or artwork.
DC Showcase - same as the Marvel Showcase.

Limited Series:
The Watchmen
The Authority
Secret Wars
Infinite Crisis
Forever People
Sandman

Every other storyline would play out in the regular series cartoons.
#33 Edited by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Guardians of the Galaxy

I mean c'mon... a talking raccoon with an uzi, a royal tree, the most dangerous woman in the galaxy,
the assassin who killed Thanos of Titan, a bi-sexual clone of Mar-Vell, a god-slayer,
the celestial madonna, and StarLord!!!

What's not to love???

Of course we're not talking Saturday Morning Cartoons here, but worth at least an HBO season or two.

#34 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
GoocherLee said:
"Guardians of the Galaxy

I mean c'mon... a talking raccoon with an uzi, a royal tree, the most dangerous woman in the galaxy,
the assassin who killed Thanos of Titan, a bi-sexual clone of Mar-Vell, a god-slayer,
the celestial madonna, and StarLord!!!

What's not to love???

Of course we're not talking Saturday Morning Cartoons here, but worth at least an HBO season or two."

I'd watch that.
#35 Posted by NightFang (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Y:The Last Man on tv.