#1 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

SO what do we have coming out soon?

• Ghost Rider

• Fantastic Four 2

• Spider-Man 3

• Transformers

There's also Hellboy 2 and Punisher 2 but I don't think they'll come out this year.

I'm obviously psyched for Spidey but I'll admit I'm a little scared too. But then Sony is supposedly happy with the results and is trying to get David Koep to write Spidey 4 (BTW his Indy 4 script was given Lucas,' Speilberg's, and Ford's blessing).

Staff
#2 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to all of them (not heard of 300 though), but Spidey 3 the most I think. It looks like a good year for superhero movies.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to see all of them except Ghost Rider.

#4 Posted by Mind (256 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to choose, but I think that 300 is the one for which I have higher expectations. Although, I'm a huge spiderman fan so I'm dying to see the third movie.

#5 Posted by speed (550 posts) - - Show Bio

all of them but espesialy fantastic four 2 and what is the the movie 300

#6 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit I don't know much about 300 either. The movie looks intense though. Ghost Rider...it's a rental...or maybe if it comes on HBO. I usually like Nic Cage but I don't know. Maybe someone could convince me otherwise. I'm more a Danny Ketch fan than Johnny Blaze, sorry. It does look a tiny bit better than I thought it would.

Staff
#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I also want to see the movie version of Wanted (next year?) even though it looks like it's going to suck.

#9 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna see all of them, but I'm looking forward to Spiderman 3 the most.

#10 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 3! It's gonna rock. Nicolas Cage ruined Ghost Rider. I'm going to give Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer a shot, even though the first one sucked.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't say the movie's ruined til you see it.

#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#13 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but he's better as Johnny Blaze than he would've been for Superman.

Can't believe they were actually considering that in the 90s.

Staff
#14 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#15 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

They did "fix" his hair for Blaze. CGI maybe? Ha.

Staff
#16 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 300 looks awesome, if its as good as Sin City I hope that helps change Hollywood's opinion that they have to mess with the source material to make it successful.

• Ghost Rider i'm looking at like Punisher, I'm hoping that its not going to suck but chances are it will. Doesn't look like they took that seriously at all.

• SpiderMan 3 looks like it could be the best one so far, definitely see that.

• FF2 <3 Silver Surfer so I'll probly see it

• TFs... Michael Bay, the producer that thought nipples on the batsuit was a good idea, a long nose flame jobbed Prime, and Megatron looks like an angry potato peeler. I've been waiting for that movie and GI Joe since I was 5 but holy crap its looking bleak.

#17 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

While I am no fan of Michael Bay, I don't think we can blame him for Bat nipples. That dubious honour belongs to a whole other group of people. If he likes Bat nipples, well I won't judge the man for his peculiar fetishes (mmm velour). I think Transformers will be ok, not great but ok. He does do good action sequences and spectacle, which I think will be delivered in spades. I won't be looking for subtle characterisations or technical accuracy. Spidey 3 is the big one for me, then FF2. Ghost Rider and Transformers equally behind that.

#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

No the batnipples was Lorenzo di Bonaventura, also the guy behind the giant mechanical spider in Wild Wild West, Skorponok being in this TFs, and other coke-inspired Hollywood gold. Bay didn't have anything to do with Batman. Should've just said that, sorry that wasn't clear.

#19 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

If memory serves, that was the same guy who wanted Kevin Smith to write a Superman movie without the traditional costume, or the ability to fly and a giant spider as the villain.

#20 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

300 looks awesome. I had not heard of it before.

But I did hear od the "true" history of The Battle of Thermopylae which the movie must be based on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

I actually saw a documentary on the History Channel last year about it. Basically 2500 men on the Spartan side held a narrow road which the invading Persian army (100s of thousands) were attempting to navigate. All the 2500 on the Spartan side were eventually killed, but it tooks days of fighting, and in the end the Persians lost an estimated 20,000 men!

Just sounds so bad ass to me.

Staff
#21 Posted by Chediablo (101 posts) - - Show Bio

300 looks the best.

I'm also interested in F4 2, however I'm not so sure.

I'm dissapointed with what I've seen of Spidey 3. Too many important factors and characters shoved into a 2 hour movie.

I think Ghost Rider could be good. Though I won't get my hopes up.

And though I will see Transformers, I doubt it will be good. It will probably be a new an interesting way of raping my childhood.

#22 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

300 will be amazing.

Then I'd pumped for TMNT!

Staff
#23 Posted by HankyChief (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know 300 was a graphic novel... Anyway I'm amazingly pumped for it, but I'm also pumped for TF.

#24 Posted by HankyChief (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know 300 was a graphic novel... Anyway I'm amazingly pumped for it, but I'm also pumped for TF.

#25 Posted by Brunbb (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 3. The other movies were good and I'm a sucker for the black costume.

#26 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"If memory serves, that was the same guy who wanted Kevin Smith to write a Superman movie without the traditional costume, or the ability to fly and a giant spider as the villain."

Indeed. And yet people keep hiring him, one bad idea after another. Makes my brain hurt.

#27 Edited by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

For fun...bump.

Shame about the film choices.

#28 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Havenless (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes.

#31 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Indiana jones uncovering an ancient relic in this thread. Can we take a moment to note the comments about SM3? Thanks.