• 83 results
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is a serious question.I'm sick of Marvel,i'm sick of DC,nothing Wildstorm writes appeals to me,Dynamite has a few good comics but my comic shop doesn't sell them,I have no idea what Image even makes anymore so who's left? Maybe I shouldn't devote my fanboyism to one company but that's what I have always done since I became a Marvel fan.They have failed to meet my expectations since 2006 though, enough is enough.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Dark Horse! 
And Image.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro: What do you have against DC if I make ask? I love them, and even when they annoy me, I find they have more than enough great titles to dull my rage.

Marvel on the other hand have been in a rut/suckfest for quite some time, with only Amazing Spidey offering decent stories, imo. 

Image makes Witchblade/Darkness, Invincible, Walking Dead, etc...

I haven't read Walking Dead but the others are all quite-to-very good. 

You've also forgotten the best imprint in comics;

No Caption Provided
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mavfan626

Yea.. it too bad that theirs not more choices, what you could do instead following marvel or DC follow a writer.  

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself
@FadeToBlackBolt:  haven't read Walking Dead???  HAVEN'T READ WALKING DEAD?????!!!!!!!!

*leaves thread in disgust, slamming door on the way out
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102
@mavfan626 said:
"Yea.. it too bad that theirs not more choices, what you could do instead following marvel or DC follow a writer.   "

You beat me to it.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@danhimself: lol, I hate Zombies. They bore me :P
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself
@FadeToBlackBolt:   you should really give it a try...don't get me wrong there are zombies in the book but they don't play as much of a role as you would think...the book is more about how the human survivors are dealing with the potential end of the world scenario and the effects it has on their minds and their way of living....zombies are more of a background than anything

@Edamame:  there are absolutely no similarities between Resident Evil and the Walking Dead....well besides the fact that there are zombies in each but other than that there isn't one single thing that is similar....Resident Evil is an action story with no character development what-so-ever....Walking Dead is all about character development
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

out of all of them IDW has yet to let me down...yet. but they cater to a lot of nostagia's so that might
be a large part of where the appeal is. Dynamite is right next to that for me, usually quality assured.

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By ForbushBug

I don't understand across the board hate for a company. Like I consider Joe Q a moron who got lucky that Avi Arad was around to do all the heavy lifting with pulling Marvel up out of its hole, Bendis a one-trick pony more interested in what characters he has crushes on than continuity, and the entire company's "screw you" attitude toward local comic shops that kept them afloat during their dark days in favor of big box stores repulsive yet there's still a couple Marvel books I pick up because I like the characters and/or creators. Granted most the stuff I like is peripheral characters so I can freely ignore any "events" that are tainted by the stench of Millar.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: What do you have against DC if I make ask? I love them, and even when they annoy me, I find they have more than enough great titles to dull my rage.

Marvel on the other hand have been in a rut/suckfest for quite some time, with only Amazing Spidey offering decent stories, imo. 

1.I don't really have anything against DC i just don't like alot of their comics.They canned Manhunter & Blue Beetle which was the only books I was reading from them at one point.i like Batman but I don't like Grayson as Batman.I also love Wonder Woman but that's one book.Most of their other books don't interest me. 

I tried reading Witchblade and Darkness..I'm not really a fan.I will read Invincible though.I have to catch up.I got lost when i moved and couldn't go to my regular comic shop.The Comic shop nearest me is extremely small.7 people packs the store.They don't carry alot. 

@aztek the lost said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
"

No Caption Provided
"
we've had this conversation before though and you weren't very interested...but there's good stuff all over, I read comics from many different publishers, I also love back-issues to so I read comics from publishers that no longer exist that people won't be mentioning "
What's Vertigo's biggest comic?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: That's a matter of opinion my favorite vertigo books are Y: The Last Man, Preacher, and Sandman(and related titles and spin offs) 
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Vance Astro: What do you have against DC if I make ask? I love them, and even when they annoy me, I find they have more than enough great titles to dull my rage.

1.I don't really have anything against DC i just don't like alot of their comics.They canned Manhunter & Blue Beetle which was the only books I was reading from them at one point.i like Batman but I don't like Grayson as Batman.I also love Wonder Woman but that's one book.Most of their other books don't interest me. 

I tried reading Witchblade and Darkness..I'm not really a fan.I will read Invincible though.I have to catch up.I got lost when i moved and couldn't go to my regular comic shop.The Comic shop nearest me is extremely small.7 people packs the store.They don't carry alot. 

@aztek the lost said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
"

No Caption Provided
"
we've had this conversation before though and you weren't very interested...but there's good stuff all over, I read comics from many different publishers, I also love back-issues to so I read comics from publishers that no longer exist that people won't be mentioning "
What's Vertigo's biggest comic? "
At the moment? Probably Fables. Ever; Sandman. But Hellblazer is THE Vertigo comic. It's been going since its inception.

Grayson as Batman fails. But Bruce is back next month :D 

I actually read a book called JSA: All-Stars. I love it. It's only up to issue 11, so it's not too hard to catch up on. 

Green Lantern Corps and Emerald Warriors are both pretty sweet, Green Lantern is fine, but its main character hasn't had any character development since like issue 20 or something.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: That's a matter of opinion my favorite vertigo books are Y: The Last Man, Preacher, and Sandman(and related titles and spin offs)  "
i've only read Fables & American Virgin.The overall gist of those other books don't interest me.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: That's a matter of opinion my favorite vertigo books are Y: The Last Man, Preacher, and Sandman(and related titles and spin offs)  "
i've only read Fables & American Virgin.The overall gist of those other books don't interest me. "
The books I listed are different and in my personal opinion better than those two. Preacher and Hellblazer are a good way to ease in off of cape books 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ForbushBug said:
" I don't understand across the board hate for a company. Like I consider Joe Q a moron who got lucky that Avi Arad was around to do all the heavy lifting with pulling Marvel up out of its hole, Bendis a one-trick pony more interested in what characters he has crushes on than continuity, and the entire company's "screw you" attitude toward local comic shops that kept them afloat during their dark days in favor of big box stores repulsive yet there's still a couple Marvel books I pick up because I like the characters and/or creators. Granted most the stuff I like is peripheral characters so I can freely ignore any "events" that are tainted by the stench of Millar. "
Well i''l help you understand. 

1.Marvel's last 3 events sucks.Dark Reign,Secret invasion and Siege. 
2.My favorite and Marvel's Biggest Team book Avengers is terrible.They have 5 books and only one of them is good. 
3.The biggest thing that drew me to Marvel is it's character roster and most of the characters I like have been royally screwed over. 
Here's a quick run down. 
A.Daredevil-being controlled by the hand,stuck and a boring and predictable Marvel event that he probably will die at the end off. 
B.Elektra-hasn't done much of anything since the 90's 
C.Echo-she missing.Nobody knows where she is and nobody cares. 
D.Jubliee-Lost her powers,Joined the New Warriors.New Warriors got canned..now she's a vampire. 
E.New Warriors-whole team quit.Nothing said about their whereabouts.Over 10 Marvel heroes unaccounted for. 
F.Hank Pym-went from Leader of the Mighty Avengers and Scientist Supreme to training the Avengers Academy. 
G.Ms.Marvel-book got cancelled after crappy Moonstone storyline dropped her sales.Product of Dark Reign. 
I could keep going and going but I think you get where it's going. 
4.Bendis sucks and writes to many books. 
5.Bendis' sh#tty writing causes problems for other books. 
6.I cannot ignore events because all my favorite characters are apart of them so if I disregard the events then I won't read anything. 

/end rant.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
  I actually read a book called JSA: All-Stars. I love it. It's only up to issue 11, so it's not too hard to catch up on.   Green Lantern Corps and Emerald Warriors are both pretty sweet, Green Lantern is fine, but its main character hasn't had any character development since like issue 20 or something. "
i used to have a subscription to JSA until I moved back to the U.S.I might pick it back up.Is Powergirl still on the team?
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro: You're a Pym fan? Nice. There are too few of us. PG is the leader of All-Stars.

@Son_of_Magnus

said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Son_of_Magnus said:

i've only read Fables & American Virgin.The overall gist of those other books don't interest me. "
The books I listed are different and in my personal opinion better than those two. Preacher and Hellblazer are a good way to ease in off of cape books  "
Y; the Last Man and the Doom Patrol are my favourite. Read Doom Patrol, you'll never look at superhero books the same. It's simply beyond brilliant.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Y; the Last Man and the Doom Patrol are my favourite. Read Doom Patrol, you'll never look at superhero books the same. It's simply beyond brilliant. "
i thought Doom Patrol was DC? Wasn't that the team Beast Boy was originally on.BTW I read Beast Boy's miniseries.I liked it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro: You're a Pym fan? Nice.
Yea,thanks to Dan Slott but then Marvel pretty much undid everything he wrote.Mighty Avengers during Dark Reign is completely worthless now.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Y; the Last Man and the Doom Patrol are my favourite. Read Doom Patrol, you'll never look at superhero books the same. It's simply beyond brilliant. "
i thought Doom Patrol was DC? Wasn't that the team Beast Boy was originally on.BTW I read Beast Boy's miniseries.I liked it. "
It was DC but in the late 80s, Grant Morrison got a hold of it and Vertigo'd it.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt: 

Read Doom Patrol, you'll never look at superhero books the same. It's simply beyond brilliant.  

I second that opinion. It really is that extraordinary.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
i thought Doom Patrol was DC? Wasn't that the team Beast Boy was originally on.BTW I read Beast Boy's miniseries.I liked it. "
It was DC but in the late 80s, Grant Morrison got a hold of it and Vertigo'd it. "
I know! I loved MA. I subscribed to it and then 7 issues later. Cancelled. Now I get copies of New Avengers :| (shoots self)

I still think Hank is Scientist Supreme, it's not like Loki isn't prone to lying.
RemyLeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By RemyLeBeau
@Vance Astro: If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure PG is in JSA-All Stars.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I know! I loved MA. I subscribed to it and then 7 issues later. Cancelled. Now I get copies of New Avengers :| (shoots self)  I still think Hank is Scientist Supreme, it's not like Loki isn't prone to lying. "
There was a point where New Avengers was the better book.Back before Civil War.Afterwards Mighty clearly became the better.it was a well put together team.The New New Avengers were poorly put together and most members were under used.Echo,Clint Barton,Spider-Man,Wolverine have like one feat each in that entire series.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@RemyLeBeau said:
" @Vance Astro: If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure PG is in JSA-All Stars. "
Good.I love her and not for the huge boobs or the costume. 
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
I know! I loved MA. I subscribed to it and then 7 issues later. Cancelled. Now I get copies of New Avengers :| (shoots self)  I still think Hank is Scientist Supreme, it's not like Loki isn't prone to lying. "
There was a point where New Avengers was the better book.Back before Civil War.Afterwards Mighty clearly became the better.it was a well put together team.The New New Avengers were poorly put together and most members were under used.Echo,Clint Barton,Spider-Man,Wolverine have like one feat each in that entire series. "
I know. It's so dodgy. I still can't figure out why Spider-Man and Wolverine are in Avengers proper. They have no reason to be there other than to pull in cash. Spider-Woman is there because Bendis is a fanboy of hers, but even she doesn't add much. New New Avengers has just been lazy writing so far. @RemyLeBeau said:
You're not mistaken. She's the leader :)
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @RemyLeBeau said:
Good.I love her and not for the huge boobs or the costume.  "
Dude don't All-Stars in a literary abortion I only read it cause it ties into JSA
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Vance Astro: Top Cow
Dark Horse
Dynamite
Soleil Celtic
Dargaud
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NexusOfLight

I also suggest following writers as opposed to companies, because when it comes down to it, the writers are the ones making the stories you like or dislike. I mean, you're kinda doin' it anyway when you read the main stuff the companies put out. Everything Avengers wise has something to do with Bendis and how he shaped/re-imagined the world. Everything Brightest Day has something to do with Johns. So if you don't like what they're doin', it's gonna feel like you don't like anything the company's doin'. On the other side of the spectrum, if you do like their stuff, the company's the best thing in the world right now. 

I think it's best to ask yourself what you like in a book, what aspects of the art and story appeal to your fancy, what are some of the things you hate to see go on, then see who writes the closest to that.

As for your question, I've enjoyed the stories comin' out of Radical, Top Cow, Image, and Boom! as of late, and then there's Devil's Due, IDW Dark Horse, Vertigo, and Dynamite but obviously I'm not sure how you'll like 'em because I don't know what you like. I made a thread a couple of months ago about what other people like about comics. Don't know if it'll help you, but it's there

All and all, there are plenty of jewels out there, and I'm sure you'll find yourself liking a lot of stuff if you really look for it. It's just like trying to find good music, and if you keep on running into things you don't like, well all you can really do is keep searching.

RemyLeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By RemyLeBeau
@FadeToBlackBolt: Ah, good I have'nt read up on any of the JSA titles since like forever lol, must catch up. 

@Vance Astro: Haha same, she's funny too.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I know. It's so dodgy. I still can't figure out why Spider-Man and Wolverine are in Avengers proper. They have no reason to be there other than to pull in cash. Spider-Woman is there because Bendis is a fanboy of hers, but even she doesn't add much. New New Avengers has just been lazy writing so far.  
Spider-Man deserves to be there.Wolverine doesn't,give his history..he's barely a hero.At least if they are going to do that though they don't have to have them on the New Avengers too...that's just stupid.Why isn't Pym an Avenger? Why isn't someone with actual combat skill and experience training the Academy? Like MOON KNIGHT!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Vance Astro: Top Cow Dark Horse Dynamite Soleil Celtic Dargaud "
i forgot about Top Cow and Dark Horse.IYO what are their best books?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Vance Astro said:
""i forgot about Top Cow and Dark Horse.IYO what are their best books? "
In my honest opinion. The best series by Top Cow is by far Witchblade, but all of the current ones are really good. As for Dark Horse, it's not a question Hellboy, BPRD (thought this one series get's much better as it progresses) and Conan.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
I know. It's so dodgy. I still can't figure out why Spider-Man and Wolverine are in Avengers proper. They have no reason to be there other than to pull in cash. Spider-Woman is there because Bendis is a fanboy of hers, but even she doesn't add much. New New Avengers has just been lazy writing so far.  
Spider-Man deserves to be there.Wolverine doesn't,give his history..he's barely a hero.At least if they are going to do that though they don't have to have them on the New Avengers too...that's just stupid.Why isn't Pym an Avenger? Why isn't someone with actual combat skill and experience training the Academy? Like MOON KNIGHT! "
I know. Iron Fist, Echo and Daredevil should be running it imo. Or Matt Murdock since Black Panther is taking over as Daredevil (bangs head against desk). This Shadowland crap should never have happened. 

Wolverine is the poster-child for mutant violence! Why is he an Avenger? When Pym, the most awesome Avenger (imo, of course), isn't?! Not to mention that Wolverine would easily slot into Secret Avengers if Marvel was that desperate to bet here. The reason I said that Spidey doesn't belong is because Bendis has no idea what to do with him. He just acts as childish comic relief, which if you've read ASM (besides that OMIT crap), you'd know Spidey has been seriously ticked off as of late.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach said:
In my honest opinion. The best series by Top Cow is by far Witchblade, but all of the current ones are really good. As for Dark Horse, it's not a question Hellboy, BPRD (thought this one series get's much better as it progresses) and Conan. "
I read a bit of BPRD.I'm having trouble finding other books.i love the Hellboy movie but never read the book.Maybe i'll give it a try.I tried reading Witchblade before.Didn't work out for me.I'm more of a street level vigilante type character reader.Witchblade is out of that.I mean I have read and liked comics with characters that aren't street level but Witchblade doesn't do it for me.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Vance Astro said:
" I read a bit of BPRD.I'm having trouble finding other books "
I get that, I've had similar problems trying to find the Street Fighter comics by UDON.
@Vance Astro said:
"i love the Hellboy movie but never read the book.Maybe i'll give it a try. "
The comics blow the movies out of the water in an epic curbstomp in my opinion.
@Vance Astro said:
" I tried reading Witchblade before.Didn't work out for me.I'm more of a street level vigilante type character reader.Witchblade is out of that.I mean I have read and liked comics with characters that aren't street level but Witchblade doesn't do it for me. "
While this might not change anything, what issues did you read? The series really increased in quality and depth once Ron Marz took over.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I know. Iron Fist, Echo and Daredevil should be running it imo. Or Matt Murdock since Black Panther is taking over as Daredevil (bangs head against desk). This Shadowland crap should never have happened.   Wolverine is the poster-child for mutant violence! Why is he an Avenger? When Pym, the most awesome Avenger (imo, of course), isn't?! Not to mention that Wolverine would easily slot into Secret Avengers if Marvel was that desperate to bet here. The reason I said that Spidey doesn't belong is because Bendis has no idea what to do with him. He just acts as childish comic relief, which if you've read ASM (besides that OMIT crap), you'd know Spidey has been seriously ticked off as of late. "
I have no problem with Black Panther being the Man Without Fear...you know why? Because what else is he going to do.He's the king of an entire nation.Doomwar was a necessary progression for the character.I think this is a good next step.I was psyched for Shadowland until I found out that none of it will progress DD as a character.None of what he's doing are his own actions.Also the tie-ins are short but moving extra slow.There is no feats in any of them accept for Power Man (a really good book BTW). 

I agree about Wolverine in Secret Avengers..that would make way more sense.Him and Steve have chemistry and history together and espionage and stealth is his think.He's a great tracker and all that., Marvel spams appearences of Spidey and Wolverine like people will lost interest...THEY WON'T!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach said:
@Vance Astro said:
" I tried reading Witchblade before.Didn't work out for me.I'm more of a street level vigilante type character reader.Witchblade is out of that.I mean I have read and liked comics with characters that aren't street level but Witchblade doesn't do it for me. "
While this might not change anything, what issues did you read? The series really increased in quality and depth once Ron Marz took over. "
I read Volume 1.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
I know. Iron Fist, Echo and Daredevil should be running it imo. Or Matt Murdock since Black Panther is taking over as Daredevil (bangs head against desk). This Shadowland crap should never have happened.   Wolverine is the poster-child for mutant violence! Why is he an Avenger? When Pym, the most awesome Avenger (imo, of course), isn't?! Not to mention that Wolverine would easily slot into Secret Avengers if Marvel was that desperate to bet here. The reason I said that Spidey doesn't belong is because Bendis has no idea what to do with him. He just acts as childish comic relief, which if you've read ASM (besides that OMIT crap), you'd know Spidey has been seriously ticked off as of late. "
I have no problem with Black Panther being the Man Without Fear...you know why? Because what else is he going to do.He's the king of an entire nation.Doomwar was a necessary progression for the character.I think this is a good next step.I was psyched for Shadowland until I found out that none of it will progress DD as a character.None of what he's doing are his own actions.Also the tie-ins are short but moving extra slow.There is no feats in any of them accept for Power Man (a really good book BTW).  I agree about Wolverine in Secret Avengers..that would make way more sense.Him and Steve have chemistry and history together and espionage and stealth is his think.He's a great tracker and all that., Marvel spams appearences of Spidey and Wolverine like people will lost interest...THEY WON'T! "
The thing that annoys me about BP becoming DD is why!? Why can't T'challa just be Black Panther? I didn't read Doomwar because the second I heard Deadpool was in it the series lost all deep meaning to me, despite my love for Doom.
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Dark Horse
Zenescope
IDW
Top Cow(Though part of Image)
Mirage(Fast as you can, bound to close doors soon)
Vertigo
Boom! Studios

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Vance Astro said:
" I read Volume 1. "
In that case, I could suggest reading from #80 and after. Once Ron took over, he essentially used all the previous history and used it to completely overhaul the Top Cow universe and from there, the quality just kept getting better especially once Stepjan Kejic joined as artist and they began the major arcs like first born and broken trinity.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
The thing that annoys me about BP becoming DD is why!? Why can't T'challa just be Black Panther? I didn't read Doomwar because the second I heard Deadpool was in it the series lost all deep meaning to me, despite my love for Doom. "
He's not becoming DD..he's becoming the Man Without Fear.He's still Black Panther he's just watching over Hell's Kitchen.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:
 Boom! Studios "
People keep suggesting this. I don't read kiddy comics.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Vance Astro said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
The thing that annoys me about BP becoming DD is why!? Why can't T'challa just be Black Panther? I didn't read Doomwar because the second I heard Deadpool was in it the series lost all deep meaning to me, despite my love for Doom. "
He's not becoming DD..he's becoming the Man Without Fear.He's still Black Panther he's just watching over Hell's Kitchen. "
Oh, ok. Well, that's ok then lol

@Vance Astro said:
" @I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:
 Boom! Studios "
People keep suggesting this. I don't read kiddy comics. "

Irredeemable! (my avatar) is the only decent Boom! book as far as I can tell.