• 63 results
#1 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically a "What character would you be..." but with a twist, who's powers and abilities would you want to have in our world. This extends to money and everything but not personality, like you'd still be you. So, in other words, if you could be this Universe's equivalent to a comic book character, which would you choose?

I know theres probably a dozen threads similar to this one, but I haven't seen one exactly like this.

My Pick:

Dr. Strange

Dr. Strange is a guy with a lot of power and a lot of responsibilities, but he's the kind of guy you'd want to have in your team. Doesn't hurt to have a groovy house full of interesting stuff either. The "Swiss Army Knife of Heroes" would be a good gig, I could even handle wearing that kind of outfit if I get to say stuff like "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!"
#2 Posted by Attrition (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, being blind would suck, but he is such an awesome character with awesome abilities
#3 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

But without the whole being Wanted and all :p

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take a Spider-Sense any day of the Week

#5 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightray or Metron.

#6 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be The Doctor from Wildstorm. Reality warping level abilities for the win!

#7 Edited by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh html code doesn't work yo

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to detonate things/people... but I'd probably be arrested for terrorism :p

Boom-Boom... but without the bullet in my head!

#10 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd keep the green hair, but wouldn't be obssessive about any of the Summers brothers :p

X-Force #39

#12 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so you are  saying we choose the powers abilties of a comic book character, and the twist is we get to keep ourselves the same as we are now?

#14 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

Right. It's like if you were Batman in our world, you wouldn't be Bruce Wayne or Christian Bale or something, you'd be you as Batman. Sure you'd have his fortune, his fighting skills, his technology etc, but you'd still be you, its not like putting on the cowl is going to rewire the synapses in the frontal lobe of your brain and give you a new personality.

#15 Posted by Nightwolf3 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, or Bats for me!!

#16 Edited by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) My user name, and avy may have made that obvious. Anyways there wouldn't be much of a difference in personality because my personality is pretty much the same as his. Optimsitic, positive, kind, humble, and easy going.  Also a strong sense of morality.  I could with minus a Proffesor since in his last appearnces he no longer merged with the Proffesor.  Add in the costume is excellent, and I'm in shape enough for it to look cool.
Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) is pretty much another Spider Man type personality minus the wisecracks. He has his moments where it feels like the World is coming down on him but when the chips are down Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) does come through including against very slim odds.

#17 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

He might wear his undies on the outside but...

Magneto would rule!

#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Icarus

#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Purple Skin & Teleportation FTW!!

#20 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Wilder in this form

#21 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flashes

Light-speed owns

I'll take light-speed anyday

#22 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West. Any day. Maybe Kyle Rayner too...

#23 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
Doom i shall rule !!

All of that power !!
#24 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna raise the dead and kill Vamps... yeah I'm strange

#25 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"Doom i shall rule !!

All of that power !!
"

ill start off with taking over my neighbourhood .
#26 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"Yaujtapool said:
"Doom i shall rule !!

All of that power !!
"
ill start off with taking over my neighbourhood ."

I would have to say, crime figures in Latveria would be pretty low. The punishment for everything = vaporized
#27 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm I live in Omaha home of the College World Series. I would say crime would be low, and gangs would be getting pawned along with other thugs. In addition to Firestorm's powers abilties I would also get to use my Martial Arts skills as I am a first degree Black Belt In Taekwondo.

Gang Leader "Your just a idiot in tights that will be killed by me and my men.
Firestorm "Your guns are futile. I'm bulletproof, do yourself a favor and surrender."
Gang Leader "Shut this fool up. Shoot now."
When reloading I rearrange their guns, magazines, knives as napkins.  I nucler energy blast  5 thugs, bash two thugs heads together, and do a nose breaker to the gang. I gather up all thugs, and the gang leader then change their shirts to ropes.
Firestorm " The Nuclear Man 8 Thugs 0. Firestorm wins in a landslide." I leave a piece of paper reading. "Extolments of your Kindly Local Firestorm."
Firestorm already looks BA, and the thugs, and badguys would have to be very crazy to take on Firestorm.

#28 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

lol! I think guys with knives should probably run away from a guy with his head on fire - it's kind of a tip off that he has superhuman powers and will probably whop your fase~

#29 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Dane said:
"lol! I think guys with knives should probably run away from a guy with his head on fire - it's kind of a tip off that he has superhuman powers and will probably whop your fase~"

That applies to also to guys with guns. Fase I thought it was face. All those poses above scream I'm a ba, ticked off, don't screw with me.
My catchphrase "You have been torched by Firestorm."

#30 Edited by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio
Firestormnuclerman said:
Fase I thought it was face.
I know, intentionally misspelt.
#31 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, thats a good question, powers it would be Prototype

Personality Jakeem Thunder
#32 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Djinn said:
"Hmmm, thats a good question, powers it would be Prototype
Personality Jakeem Thunder
"

Is that your own Super Hero?
#33 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Paul Beaubier

#34 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Jean Paul Beaubier"
cliche~
#35 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a personal question with personal answers... so how is one person's taste cliched?

#36 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2120 posts) - - Show Bio
I'd have to either be Juggs... I just love the guy...powers and just the overall character.
That or Blue Beetle for pretty much the same reasons.

#37 Edited by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by The Psyentist (16362 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm...maybe a sort of female version of Doctor Doom 'cause he's amazing.

Or Emma Frost. :D

#39 Posted by the_godfather14 (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I will pick Sandman from DC

Powers and Abilities

Prophetic Dreams: Due to an encounter with the entity known as Dream, Wesley Dodds possessed the power of prophetic dreaming. His dreams often came to him as cryptic, ambiguous visions, but Wes' keen intellect enabled him to properly interpret them. Through an unknown process, Wes passed on this power to his former ward, Sanderson Hawkins upon the moment of his own death.

Criminology: Wesley Dodds possessed a sharp intellect and was a skilled if albeit amateur detective.

Chemistry: He was also a talented chemist, creating the sand-like substance used to transform Sandy the Golden Boy

Inventor: Wes was also a talented inventor. One of the devices that Wes created was a Silicoid Gun - a weapon ultimately responsible for transforming Sandy the Golden Boy into a Silicon-based life-form.

As a hobby, Wes enjoyed reading, writing, poetry, origami and philosophy.

In the early years of his career, Wesley Dodds possessed the strength level of a man who engaged in regular exercise, and was a fine hand-to-hand combatant. As he grew older, his strength level diminished in relative proportion to his age.

#40 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

KICKS TO THE FACE!

#41 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could choose any character at all, I would go with Klaatu's abilities from the day the earth stood still.

From just the comics Superman, because of the supersences, flying and because there's no kryptonite around our earth.

#42 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova all the way!

#43 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"Doom i shall rule !!

All of that power !!
"
Doom still owns all .
#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr.Cage if you're nasty.

Cage

#45 Posted by Dane (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you choose the pic of him crying Vance?

#46 Posted by TR4UMA (18 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
Dane said:
"Why did you choose the pic of him crying Vance? "
There aren't any good pictures in his gallery.That was one of the best I could find.
#48 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

either flash,spawn,or wolverine

#49 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Grail From WETWORKS. The Seek and Destroy Issues are still some of the best comics I've read to this day.

#50 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio