what character should Grant Morrison write next?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'm a complete and utter fanboy of Grant Morrison. His recent modern work with the X-Men, Batman and Superman has been some of my all time favorite comic material. I think the guy is a genius and could turn around any struggling character or give life to a relatively unknown one.

Who would you like to see him write next?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

silver Surfer

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Doctor strange

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Howard the Duck.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

DC: Deadman, Green Lantern.

Marvel: Doctor Strange, the Fantastic Four, and the Inhumans.

But first he needs to finish Multiversity!

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd like to see him do the Flash

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Aquaman

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7 The Poet  Moderator
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Gods.

SoloKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Deathstroke

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

His own.

BB

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@theacidskull: Either Hulk would be a really interesting choice, IMO.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Quantum & Woody

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

X-23

Spider-man

Flash Thompson

Kaine

Red Hulk(Yes, you heard me!)

Add Elektra to this and maybe even Mercy.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage Man

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By tupiaz

Hmm Flash with all the timeline af sppedforce could be interesting. I think the Hulk could be interesting however it seems like Morrison is not going to work with ongoing anytime soon.

His move away from superheroes is not entirely unexpected, then, but it has surprised many that the biggest champion of superhero comics is stepping back. Has Morrison simply done what he set out to do when he first hit the Batman big time with Arkham Asylum back in 1989?

“Yeah, it just felt like I’d said a lot, you know,” he says. “I knew I was coming to the end of Action comics in [issue] 16, I knew I was coming to the end of Batman in issue 12, of Batman Incorporated, and it just seemed like I had all this other stuff building up that was completely different from that, and it seemed like a really good time to stop doing the monthly superhero books. And also having to work with so many artists on Action Comics, it's not that the artists are bad but I’m sometimes working for three or four guys at a time, which means you’re writing issue 14 before you've written issue 12 and then you're sending in six pages of issue 13 to someone else. So it was just too hectic. I just didn't want to do it any more. And since things were reaching that natural end... It wasn't like an announcement but it was treated like an announcement, because I think I’d already said I was leaving these comics at that time.

“But yeah, it fits into this general kind of script that's going now where we're all leaving and moving on to do creator-owned work, like we've never done it before. [laughs] So I’m just going along with that.”

There has been a recent exodus of writers and artists from the DC stable, some slipping out quietly, others angrily, and a couple leaving in protest at various ethical concerns. Morrison is keen to point out that he is leaving on good terms with DC, and still has work in the pipeline with them for the next year.

“We have disagreements,” he acknowledges, “but to me disagreements are things that you deal with, problems are things you solve, and everyone stays friends, and negotiations are done. So I kinda felt that.. it just began to feel too unpleasant to work within a comic book fan culture where everyone was mad at you all the time and giving you responsibility for legal cases and things that Ihaveve got honestly nothing to do with in my life and will shortly have zero connection with.

“But I felt that. There was a sense of, a definite sense of the temple was being burned down and it was time to run away.”

However he is working on Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman has long been a character I've wanted to like, yet it's only her earliest very daft adventures that entertain me, I tell him.

“I feel the same,” Morrison says, “There's something fantastic here but it's never quite been focused on. And the earliest stuff comes closest to it but you want to see it done in a more contemporary way.

“The trouble is the men were a bit weak and that's what I’m trying to also resolve in Wonder Woman – why is that Steve Trevor guy so dull, you know? You just think he's not fit to be Wonder Woman's boyfriend, he's terrible. So I’ve done a lot of work on him and it really became about, in a lot of ways how men see women and how women see each other. So it's been a lot of research this one, talking to people. But it's going good. The opening image is quite shocking.”

Maybe he take over when Brian leaves (not that it is anytime soon)?

Source.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lykopis

@theacidskull:

Considering what he's done to other characters, taking on someone like Mercy might be fun for him and something more up his alley. That's if he really wanted to do something on his own without too much editorial interference. Then again, it's Morrison. Marvel would let him do anything he wanted to any of their characters.

Seriously though, Elektra would be great - as a mini.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never understood the hype around Morrison. Well, I haven't read much of his stuff so I guess I can't really judge.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would love to see what he could do for Hulk, Thor and MiracleMan.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Avengers, Spawn, Flash, Green Lantern and Daredevil.

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By MisterAnderson

Grendel