What Can You Tell About These Stories By There Names?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I have a bunch of stories floating around my head that I may or may not ever write down. I have most of the basic plots down but not how they would all fit together (which is the usual for me). I even have titles for a few of them. But I've been wondering what do each of the titles make you think of? What kind of story do you think they are? Could you guess at the plot?

• Daredevil: Solstice
  • Batman: Samhain
  • Moon Knight: Harvest Moon
  • Moon Knight: Exodus
  • Iron Fist: Midnight In Madripoor
  • Gambit: Family of Thieves
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The batman one makes me think of a story involving some sort of cult that ends up being connected through the Court of Owls. It would be cool if the Court traced it's roots back to an ancient Celtic cult

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The first three are for American street supers, and are related to the calendar's basis in celestial cycles. Interesting.

The solstice is the extreme. The longest day, the shortest day. Maybe crime is at a high, or Matt is at a low.

Samhain is the beginning of winter. Perhaps Batman is preparing for the bitter season, which is especially draining for the spirit of Gotham. Samhain is also a specific date on the calendar...Calendar Man perhaps?

Perhaps the calendar is a distraction in Harvest Moon's case. "Moon" is a connection to the vigilant main character. Perhaps "harvest" means that something is being reaped. Maybe a conspiracy was set in motion years ago and is just no starting to reveal itself, something sinister and esoteric the likes of which rarely appears (harvest moon is once a year).

Exodus refers to the book of the bible that chronicles the Israelites' departure from Egypt, a country whose deism is crucial to Moon Knight mythos. The question is, how might it be relevant to a Moon Knight story? There many ways in which such an allusion or metaphor could be achieved. Could Moon Knight be involved in some mass migration?

I don't know what Iron Fist's history is with Madripoor, but the title seems made to pique the reader's interest as well as describing the setting of the story, or at least a particular time and place. Maybe this time and place itself is of some significance, and that's why Iron Fist is in Madripoor in the first place.

The last one is probably about Gambit's roots and background as a thief in Louisiana.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@darthmummy: Well holy carp, you are pretty close with all of them.