• 5 results
#1 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

we all remember the "death in the family" storyline and it doesn't matter what you say we all get a bit emotional when we see batman holding jason's body.

so i'm asking what bat family member would you kill off next?

this'll be an interesting thread and probably result in many people not liking other's choices.

so get ready.

see what i mean?

#2 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think Jason should have permanently been killed, and only brought back for Under the Red Hood. I didn't like him post-Under.

I think it would be interesting if Dick was killed off for a year or two. Maybe it could be done to him what has been done to Batman in Scott Snyder's series.

#3 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

it'd be interesting to see how the other robins would react

#4 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

Not seeing the Tim hate i expected. Anyway havent two memebers of the Bat-family been killed or retconned or is just no word on them in "New 52" i.e. Stephanie and Cassandra. Anyway I say off with Damian's head just becase I dont really see his character needed

#5 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't kill Barbara but I would rip her legs off in a way so vicious they could never be restored even with robotics, if she died in the process......well I'm willing to take that risk. If I have to kill someone off it would be Batwoman 1. because I've read very little with her in it and she's the only member of the Bat family I have absolutely no connection to, she seems cool but frankly I have a stronger connection to Titus. and 2 if I can't rip Barbara's legs off and make her be Oracle again she could at least step it up to Batwoman instead of Batgirl

#6 Posted by ImmortalOne (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman. Not because she's lesbian, but because she's just not on the same degree as the other Bat-Family members in my opinion.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio
None. I like them all.
#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

None. I like them all.

The Joker breaks into your house one night and wakes you up by throwing a gun on your stomach, when you sit up all the Bat Family members are strapped together by a giant bomb. The Joker says either you shoot one of them or he blows them up and takes out you entire neighborhood. He is not bluffing, it's not a joke, what do you do.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to kill anyone in the Bat-family, that's not the dog, it'd Barbara. At the moment, I find her to be the least entertaining of the family, and we didn't need her as Batgirl again.

@BlackArmor said:

I wouldn't kill Barbara but I would rip her legs off in a way so vicious they could never be restored even with robotics, if she died in the process......well I'm willing to take that risk. If I have to kill someone off it would be Batwoman 1. because I've read very little with her in it and she's the only member of the Bat family I have absolutely no connection to, she seems cool but frankly I have a stronger connection to Titus. and 2 if I can't rip Barbara's legs off and make her be Oracle again she could at least step it up to Batwoman instead of Batgirl

LOL, I'm feeling it. It's time to bring back Oracle!

#10 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone except Stephanie Brown, cause 1. She already died and 2. I hate the Bat Family, why, because I can.

#11 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt mind seeing Damian Wayne getting bumped off. We already have the trained killer and all around badass in the batman family.

#12 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing or Batwoman, preferably both. They have never been integral to Batman's history, nor will they ever.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, I have no problem with the character, I'd just love to see the reactions of the fan boys

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

...anybody else thinking that something like this might happen in the night of owls?

#15 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL: I'm not sure since I think all of the characters have been confirmed to survive on the solicits, but it'd be interseting

#16 Posted by sinestro_GL (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: ...and that's why I don't read what the writers say about story arcs whilst I'm still reading them.

#17 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i'd go with black canary

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I've had no problem with any of the Bat-family although I'd prefer Barbara returning to her position as Oracle.

#19 Edited by Strider92 (16444 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

I think i'd go with black canary

Does she count? I guess she does, since Birds of Prey is a bat book.

#21 Posted by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor:  

@The Stegman said:

None. I like them all.

The Joker breaks into your house one night and wakes you up by throwing a gun on your stomach, when you sit up all the Bat Family members are strapped together by a giant bomb. The Joker says either you shoot one of them or he blows them up and takes out you entire neighborhood. He is not bluffing, it's not a joke, what do you do. 

Shoot the Joker.
#22 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason. He's basically outlived his usefulness as a character.

#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@BlackArmor:

@The Stegman said:

None. I like them all.

Shoot the Joker.

huh......................how did I overlook that possibility?.....fair enough

#24 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we kill both Damian and Jason? If I had to have one or the other go...well, Jason it is. Never cared for the character.

#25 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Damn, man....

#26 Posted by fifichiapet (19 posts) - - Show Bio

When I glanced at the post title, I read "what family member would you kill off?" When I finally saw the word "bat," I was a lot less horrified.

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

@BlackArmor: Damn, man....

lol, which comment is this in response too, my Oracle solution, my disinterest in Batwoman, or my Joker scenario

#28 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@fifichiapet said:

When I glanced at the post title, I read "what family member would you kill off?" When I finally saw the word "bat," I was a lot less horrified.

god, i just had to check if i'd missed a word out in the title

#29 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Bruce Wayne. He's set up Batman Inc, and Dick has proven himself as a worthy successor to the cowl in my eyes. Everyone else has some sorta established role in the Bat-mythos (Steph should still be in Britain and Cass in Hong Kong, right?) Plus, some sense of progression would be nice. He doesn't have to die for that to happen, but if one member of the Batfamily has to die, imo it's him. Probably won't happen, but that point seems irrelevant to this discussion.

Actually I am agree with you...

#30 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
Stephanie Brown :)
#31 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13129 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian, then either leave him dead or put him in a Lazarus Pit Nd turn him into a Tim Drake villain.

#32 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

Jason. He's basically outlived his usefulness as a character.

This. He did that when he first died.  

@Deadcool said:

@Adnan said:

Bruce Wayne. He's set up Batman Inc, and Dick has proven himself as a worthy successor to the cowl in my eyes. Everyone else has some sorta established role in the Bat-mythos (Steph should still be in Britain and Cass in Hong Kong, right?) Plus, some sense of progression would be nice. He doesn't have to die for that to happen, but if one member of the Batfamily has to die, imo it's him. Probably won't happen, but that point seems irrelevant to this discussion.

Actually I am agree with you...

All of that is non-canon now, and Dick wasn't really a worthy successor. Bruce had to come back and save the entire Universe from the Hunter-Killer. The whole point of Batman Inc was to have Batmen for smaller areas, while Bruce could protect the world. 
#33 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

All of that is non-canon now, and Dick wasn't really a worthy successor. Bruce had to come back and save the entire Universe from the Hunter-Killer. The whole point of Batman Inc was to have Batmen for smaller areas, while Bruce could protect the world.

But I still having the feeling that Bruce have to die, I don't feel that the Bat-family members could grow more as character until Batman dies, I don't like Batman as a man, but an immortal idea of justice and fear, like the Phantom.

#34 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Helena.

#35 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!

#36 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I found my choice a bit too hard because I realised I like most of the bat-people.

So my choice of Black Canary wasn't because I don't like the character ( I do like Black canary) but because it'd make an interesting story.

#37 Posted by Joygirl (19925 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian first, Barbara second (maiming her legs works too). I would definitely keep Batwoman, I absolutely adore her. She may be my favorite under Bruce.

#38 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot of people not liking jay and damian.

#39 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman? Die? *Tear streeks down face*

If Bruce Wayne dies I want to see Deathstroke try and take out the rest of the Bat-clan for revenge/fun/pay.

#40 Edited by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

None, I love them all.

EDIT: Carrie Kelly

#41 Posted by Outside_85 (8982 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd and Damian, preferably beating each other to death with blunt instruments.

#42 Posted by TheCannon (18671 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain

#43 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake (most annoying character ever, complete BS that he could find Batman's secret identity when no one else could, hate his "detective skills", and when he is not whining, he behaves like he thinks he is Batman).

#44 Posted by Raiiyn (3523 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Damn. Said everything I was just going to say.

#46 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

I think it would be interesting if Dick was killed off for a year or two. Maybe it could be done to him what has been done to Batman in Scott Snyder's series.

which is what?

#47 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1526 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#48 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne, it's been a while since when got a good old fashion robin beating, we were teased with one but it was incomplete, and I felt empty inside.

#49 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

JUST ONE? Nope, can't decide. Just gonna have to kill all of them, EXCEPT Batman, Nightwing, Tim(Red) Robin, & Barbara. That gives us Batman, Nightwing, Robin(drop the Red), & a Batgirl. That's more then enough! Trim the fat!

#50 Posted by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

Man-Bat,YES he's a member of the Bat family.