#1 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

When I say top five comics right now, I mean how would you rank the comics you are currently reading based on the last 1-2 issues. This is a thread to let others know what comics are really beginning to pick up.

Top 3 if you prefer/ not reading enough to have 5 quality books. . My top 5 are as follows.

1. Daredevil - I've been following this run very closely, and the last issue was one of the best ones in this entire run so far. With the debut of new villain "Ikari", this whole book is essentially an introduction of the villain and a battle between him and Daredevil. It feels as though this book is kicking it into high gear, as if it hasn't already.

2. Thor: God of Thunder - With Present thor finally meeting up with future thor, they feel they have the combined power to enter Gorr the God Butcher's domain, and put an end to his plans that has been perfectly put into place across time. With every other god in existence in his time either killed by Gorr, or enslaved by him, present Thor and King Thor are the only chances of preventing utter destruction.

3. Hawkeye - Nominated for multiple Eisner's, this issue is consistently spectacular.

4. Green Arrow - Mystery mounts about his father's past. And the Komodo certainly isn't trying to see Ollie make the next issue.

5. New Avengers - Galactus is here. And the last issue left off with a battle with one of his heralds on the cusp of happening!

So what are your top 5 comic books right now? I'm looking to expand the amount of high quality books i'm reading. Preferably DC.

#2 Posted by ccraft (5384 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. IDW's TMNT
  2. Batman and Robin
  3. Justice League
  4. Avengers Marvel Now
  5. Shadowman

If you like TMNT turtles IDW's series is beyond amazing, my sister was reluctant to read it for the longest time. But when she finally did she couldn't get enough of it. Also the 1st issue is free on comixology (here) try it at least. It's nothing like the cartoon, but if you like the cartoon like my sister did, I'm sure you'll like it.

I just recently started getting Shadowman, and its been really cool with great art.

Is Hawkeye really good? I've been nervous to try it out, just because I don't know much about the character.

Thor's previews looked great, but I want to get more of Shadowman before trying it out.

I would be expanding my Marvel pull list but it seems like everything is 3.99, crazy...

#3 Posted by Extremis (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Indestructible Hulk

2. Thor: God of Thunder

3. Batman

4. Green Arrow

5. New Avengers

Runner up: Captain America (love Cap's weird Dimension Z stuff too much right now to not give it a mention)

#4 Edited by HumanRocket (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

In no order

1. Captain America Marvel Now

2. Avengers Marvel Now

3 Indestructible Hulk

4 Thor God of Thunder

5 Guardians of The Galaxey

#5 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

1. Indestructible Hulk

2. Thor: God of Thunder

3. Batman

4. Green Arrow

5. New Avengers

Runner up: Captain America (love Cap's weird Dimension Z stuff too much right now to not give it a mention)

Dimension z? elaborate

#6 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:
  1. IDW's TMNT
  2. Batman and Robin
  3. Justice League
  4. Avengers Marvel Now
  5. Shadowman

If you like TMNT turtles IDW's series is beyond amazing, my sister was reluctant to read it for the longest time. But when she finally did she couldn't get enough of it. Also the 1st issue is free on comixology (here) try it at least. It's nothing like the cartoon, but if you like the cartoon like my sister did, I'm sure you'll like it.

I just recently started getting Shadowman, and its been really cool with great art.

Is Hawkeye really good? I've been nervous to try it out, just because I don't know much about the character.

Thor's previews looked great, but I want to get more of Shadowman before trying it out.

I would be expanding my Marvel pull list but it seems like everything is 3.99, crazy...

Cool! I might give it a try. And yes, i'm loving hawkeye. You don't need to know much about the character. If you dont feel like reading everything, maybe look into which issue is a good jum on point, and wait for volume 1 to come out down the line.

#7 Edited by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Bedlam
  2. Saga
  3. X-Men Legacy
  4. Swamp Thing
  5. Animal Man
#8 Posted by ccraft (5384 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Well I'm a digital reader so no need to wait for trades :)

When I get some more spending money, I'll try Hawkeye and Thor out.

#9 Posted by Extremis (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines:

Ok so, Arnim Zola captures Cap in present day and brings him to this other dimension (Dimension Z) to do all kinds of twisted experiments on him. In the first issue we see Cap escape with a boy, Ian, that Zola had in his possession. We then see Cap raise Ian as his own in the desert wastelands of Dimension Z for what we know to be years, but in a place where it is near impossible for Cap to even keep track of time. Also you got this war going on between Arnim Zola's mutates and this alien race indigenous to Dimension Z called the Phrox. Plus you got Cap rocking this sick beard with his torn spangled garb in a desolute apocalyptic desert. It's kooky wacky sci fi stuff. It's awesome, crazy awesome.

#10 Edited by sinestro_GL (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

In no particular order:

Green Lantern

Batman

Aquaman

The Flash

TMNT

#11 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Indestructible Hulk
  • Avengers
  • Superman
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Thanos Rising

Honourable mention to Mark Waid's Green Hornet. I thoroughly enjoyed the first issue but because its only one issue in I don't want to say its one of the best yet.

#12 Posted by captainsaul (140 posts) - - Show Bio

No order

• Captain America
  • New Avengers
  • Justice League
  • TMNT
  • Hawkeye

I could list more as all the comics within my pull list are good. These are just a few that popped into my mind.

#13 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Nowhere Men - Image
  • Hawkeye - Marvel
  • Animal Man - DC
  • Young Avengers - Marvel
  • Wolverine Max - Marvel
#14 Edited by Catsnlynne (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2

Flash

Green Arrow

Savage Hawkman

Deathstroke

#15 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Morning Glories

2. Uncanny X-Men

3. All-New X-Men

4. Mara (limited)

5. Red Hood and the Outlaws

I'd rank RHatO higher but hated the ending of the last issue. And if Mara, as a mini, doesn't count, then number five would be Uncanny X-Force, because I haven't even bought the last two issues of Batgirl and Batman, which are the rest of my pull list.

#16 Edited by New_World_Order (13277 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Thor God Of Thunder
  2. Uncanny Avengers
  3. Guardians Of The Galaxy
  4. Uncanny X-Men
  5. Thanos Rising

#17 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Hawkeye
  2. Batman
  3. X-O Manowar
  4. Shadowman
  5. Batman & Robin

Some of the Marvel Now titles would closely follow this, but Valiant's offerings are just superior from a writing standpoint. Batman comics are also better right now than they've been in a very long time. I think we're going to look back on this era as a new golden age for Batman. Hawkguy is going to win some Eisners and anyone reading it will understand why.

#18 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Thor: God Of Thunder
  2. Nightwing
  3. Injustice - Gods Among Us
  4. Batman
  5. Batman Incorporated
#19 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22182 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Action Comics
  2. Nightwing
  3. Earth 2
  4. Captain America
  5. Smallville
#20 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Swamp Thing
  2. Batman
  3. Daredevil
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Indestructible Huk
#21 Posted by dscythe (40 posts) - - Show Bio

although im behind on almost everything in my top 5, here it is:

1. Animal Man

2. Saga

3. Swamp Thing

4. Ind Hulk

5. Venom(just finished minimum carnage and about to start reading bunn's issues so we'll see if it stays here)

#22 Posted by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

1. MANHATTAN PROJECTS!!!!!

2. Saga

3. Dial H

4. Animal Man

5. Wonder Woman

#23 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman

2. Saga

3. Hawkeye

4. Uncanny Avengers

5. Aquaman

#24 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@novi_homines:

Ok so, Arnim Zola captures Cap in present day and brings him to this other dimension (Dimension Z) to do all kinds of twisted experiments on him. In the first issue we see Cap escape with a boy, Ian, that Zola had in his possession. We then see Cap raise Ian as his own in the desert wastelands of Dimension Z for what we know to be years, but in a place where it is near impossible for Cap to even keep track of time. Also you got this war going on between Arnim Zola's mutates and this alien race indigenous to Dimension Z called the Phrox. Plus you got Cap rocking this sick beard with his torn spangled garb in a desolute apocalyptic desert. It's kooky wacky sci fi stuff. It's awesome, crazy awesome.

O_O MY GOD! Sounds AWESOME!

#25 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Saga

2) East of West

3) Aquaman

4) Batman

5) Indestructible Hulk

#26 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Aquaman

2.The Flash

3.Green Lantern:New Guardians of the Galaxy

4.Green Arrow

5.Justice League

#27 Edited by Extremis (3361 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! Oh! I forgot to mention Injustice! That's probably my number one or two -- it's $1 weekly digital, so I don't even think of it as on my pull list. Tuesday is just Injustice day, period.

#29 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers

Earth-2

Action Comics

Batgirl

Bravest Warriors

#30 Edited by jourpool (5 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Deadpool

2. Superior Spider-Man

3. Thunderbolts

4. Thanos Rising

5. Age of Ultron

#31 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: NICE! Might pick this up. How many issues?

#32 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Captain America - it looks like it's all coming to a head between Cap and Zola, I can't wait for the next issue!!!

2) Captain Marvel - KSD is really doing a good job on this comic, I'm really digging it right now.

3) Uncanny Avengers - I'm really looking forward to Thor vs. Apocalypse

4) Thor: God of Thunder - I can't wait to see how all this ends with the God Butcher

5) Secret Avengers - I think I'm the only one who likes the new "Nick Fury" lol. But the comic is pretty good so far.

Honestly, as @captainsaul: said I could list a lot more as I think all the comics on my pull list are good.

#33 Edited by kriminal (649 posts) - - Show Bio

1- thor god of thunder

2- captain america

3- tmnt

4-justice league of america

5- superior spiderman

#34 Posted by Extremis (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: They've released 6 issues thus far. So you could pick it up now and trade wait I suppose

#35 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@novi_homines: They've released 6 issues thus far. So you could pick it up now and trade wait I suppose

I might pick up the first couple issues to get a feel of things, then just pick up the latest one.

#36 Edited by Carolina574 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman (still)

2. All New X-Men

3. TMNT

4. Daredevil

5. DD End of Days

#37 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11475 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm let see Industuible Hulk,RHATO,All new X men, and Injustice

#38 Posted by Teerack (7048 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Alpha: Big Time
  2. Uncanny X-Men
  3. All New X-Men
  4. Red Hood and the Outlaws
  5. Captain America
#39 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Journey Into Mystery

Indestructible Hulk

Uncanny Avengers

Captain Marvel

Hawkeye

(subject to change -- a lot)

#40 Posted by RustyRoy (13166 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman and Robin.
  2. The Flash.
  3. Batman Inc.
  4. Batman.
  5. Hawkeye.
#41 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently:

Saga

Hawkeye

Gambit

Walking dead

Aquaman

#42 Edited by Shanana (53066 posts) - - Show Bio

As of right now

1. Supergirl
  2. Superman
  3. Justice League Dark
  4. Red Lantern
  5. Red Hood and the Outlaws

I'm waiting for 12 reasons to die to come out.

#43 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (531 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 5) Avengers
  • 4) All-New X-Men
  • 3) Justice League
  • 2) Gueardians of the Galaxy
  • 1) New Avengers
#44 Posted by sagejonathan (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

I only have 6 books on my pull list, but the top 3 are:

• X-O Manowar
  • Thor: God of Thunder
  • Green Lantern
#45 Posted by TheGwailo (42 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Manhattan Projects

2. TMNT

3. Uncanny X-Men

4. Avengers

5. Scarlet Spider

I know it's weird, but I really like Thor more as part of a team, same with Hawkeye, and so I don't get as excited over their solo books (even though the creative teams are outstanding). I'm also apparently the only one who can't get all about a book featuring a Space-Ent and a goofy, super raccoon. In any case, I'm spending WAY too much on comics these days.

#46 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Crossed - Wish You were Here - tis a webcomic and free and even better than The Walking Dead (IMHO)

2. The Walking Dead

3. The Massive - consistently captures my imagination

4. Crossed: Badlands - quick while Garth is back!

5. Whispers - sadly drawing to its conclusion but it has been creepily good...

#47 Posted by Cap10nate (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

From the last couple months, I would order my favorites as follows:

1. Uncanny Avengers - Issues 6 through 8 have been fantastic. The story, dialog, and art have all been great. Can't go wrong when you have Kang and Apocalypse.
  2. Secret Avengers - The first four issues have been great so far. Spencer is putting a lot of sharp dialog and witty banter. The story has been very exciting and each issue leaves you wanting more.
  3. Winter Soldier - It is sad that Jason Latour and Nic Klein are only getting one arc. They have made Bucky their own in the three issues they have had him and are crafting a very good story. I hope the title gets relaunched but wish Jason and Nic were given a better chance on the title.
  4. New Avengers - The gravity of the story and characterizations have been fantastic. Eptings art is always borderline amazing. I can't wait to see this story unfold.
  5. Hawkeye - Each issue has a great mixture of comedy and action. I like the loose structure of the series that still ties together. Aja's art really fits the tone of the book

Honorable Mentions - Fatale, Captain America, Batman, Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Avengers

I think there are a lot of great titles running at the moment.

@tg1982 said:

5) Secret Avengers - I think I'm the only one who likes the new "Nick Fury" lol. But the comic is pretty good so far.

I'm a fan of the new Fury as well. I am really enjoying what Spencer is doing.

#48 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

In no order:

TMNT

Luther Strode

Five Weapons

Green Arrow

X-O Manowar

Staff
#49 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

I'm a fan of the new Fury as well. I am really enjoying what Spencer is doing.

Yay! I'm not alone!!!!! LOL.

Yeah Spencer is doing a real good job of making this like a really good spy-type flick, complete with screw overs. I love it!!!