TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMetalGearZero
No Caption Provided

What are your thoughts on The Amazing Spider-Man 2? Did you think it's the Modern Batman and Robin? Is it the Dark Knight of the Spider-Man franchise? Was it in the middle? Discuss below!

In all honesty - and without insulting my opinion - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, after watching it 5 times, is still my all time favourite - although it isn't flawless, it's got a lot of redeeming qualities. Best depiction of Peter Parker on screen, brilliant characterisation, stunning effects and an outstanding cast, and a well written, although campy narrative that flowed well nonetheless. Well... share below!!

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: You watched it 5 TIMES?

Man you need a proffesional help or something.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@themetalgearzero: You watched it 5 TIMES?

Man you need a proffesional help or something.

"In all honesty - and without insulting my opinion"

Thanks for reminding me why I wrote this...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really really did not like it. I thought it was going to be a 3/5 and that people were complaining because it wasn't as good as it could have been, but after seeing it I would give it a 1/5 (sorry).

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really really did not like it. I thought it was going to be a 3/5 and that people were complaining because it wasn't as good as it could have been, but after seeing it I would give it a 1/5 (sorry).

That's cool, man. And thanks for being civil about it. Mind elaborating on what you didn't like about the film? :P

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: Well I'm sure the Blockbuster Buster is going to do a video summing up how I feel in due time, but the biggest problems I had were that while in the first film the romance was the highlight, in this film it's the lowest of low points and they stretch it out way to much. Then there were things like the over use of CGI spider sense, the fact that the play a song while Peter is in his room plotting things out, and then there are just things that I liked that the movie ruined, like when Spidey helps that kid, great moment, when the kid runs onto the street in a Spidey mask, the ruined it. I also did not like how the villains were handled, or Gwen's iconic death. Those are just a few examples, I liked a few small moments in this film, but over all I was surprised by how much I disliked it, especially since I really liked the first one.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: Well I'm sure the Blockbuster Buster is going to do a video summing up how I feel in due time, but the biggest problems I had were that while in the first film the romance was the highlight, in this film it's the lowest of low points and they stretch it out way to much. Then there were things like the over use of CGI spider sense, the fact that the play a song while Peter is in his room plotting things out, and then there are just things that I liked that the movie ruined, like when Spidey helps that kid, great moment, when the kid runs onto the street in a Spidey mask, the ruined it. I also did not like how the villains were handled, or Gwen's iconic death. Those are just a few examples, I liked a few small moments in this film, but over all I was surprised by how much I disliked it, especially since I really liked the first one.

I liked Electro - I could easily sympathise with the guy. His whole ideas were stolen, his designs for his power grid used by OsCorp without his name on it, all his life he's been bullied, tormented, and all in all, and I'm not sure if you missed this, he's suffering from a mental illness (either Asperger's or Schizophrenia). He's living in fear... and then he's noticed by a big time Superhero, and the mere significance of being recognised by his hero... Max believes Spider-Man and him are friends. That screams mental illness. And when he gained these abilities, he's finally noticed, he stumbles into Times Square, and how does the world react to him?

They react to him by calling him a "freak!!" and bashing him with their own insults. That's tragic - and then Spider-Man comes in. And although some may think that Electro became an antagonist because Spider-Man forgot his name... that isn't what happened. When Spidey forgot Electro's name, Electro proceeded to speak to Spider-Man and agreed to move into a secluded location. And when Electro is shot down, he simply "Snaps!" You know those guys in real life bullied in school, they grow up and buy a gun, walk into schools and shoot innocent people down?

That's Electro...

Did you like ASM1?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: No I could tell he was mentally unstable, and I did like one seen between him and Harry, but other then that I felt like he was just used incorrectly, and didn't do anything for the film (or at least not enough).

Yes I did

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

it's worse than spider-man 3. it's batman and robin + fantastic four movies + a big old bag of 'we just want the money' + a huge dash 'we don't care about the quality of the movies'

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: No I could tell he was mentally unstable, and I did like one seen between him and Harry, but other then that I felt like he was just used incorrectly, and didn't do anything for the film (or at least not enough).

Yes I did

Yeah - I COMPLETELY agree with you there. First time watching the film... I didn't take note of the under-usage of Electro because I was too hyped, Lol, but second time watching the film... yep, he was underused. I liked the character and how he was crafted... but he was underused, man...

it's worse than spider-man 3. it's batman and robin + fantastic four movies + a big old bag of 'we just want the money' + a huge dash 'we don't care about the quality of the movies'

Care to elaborate, man?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. ASM1 just felt like it was cashing in on something that was already done much better in Batman Begins. ASM2 really felt like a comic brought to screen.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zaied

It's the worst Spider-Man movie to date, but I don't necessarily hate it. I mostly didn't like the introduction of some of the characters (mainly Harry and Electro), and how the villains were used in general. There were a lot of poorly executed scenes as well.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. ASM1 just felt like it was cashing in on something that was already done much better in Batman Begins. ASM2 really felt like a comic brought to screen.

Thank you, good sir, thank you... I'm glad you enjoyed the film. Yeah - with all the bashing it's been receiving, it's no where near Batman and Robin. Honestly - I'd like to see someone construct a solid counter defence to The Amazing Spider-Man feeling like a comic ripped onto the screen. Seriously - that's the first Superhero movie (and no, Sin City isn't a superhero film) brought to life, and that's more then can be said for Batman and Robin.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dimitridkatsis

Aren't there enough ASM2 threads?

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't there enough ASM2 threads?

Not really, man... there's an ASM3 thread and a rant I read by another user on the site... but nah, nothing else now.

@zaied said:

It's the worst Spider-Man movie to date, but I don't necessarily hate it. I mostly didn't like the introduction of some of the characters (mainly Harry and Electro), and how the villains were used in general. There were a lot of poorly executed scenes as well.

Really!? You didn't like The Goblin's perfect reveal!? You are crazy!! I kid, I kid :P

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: see our previous 'debate'. or watch this, i know you won't though.

Loading Video...

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

@i_dont_like_comics:

Yeah - nice video, it's awesome, my opinion has now done a total 180 degree spin. No - I'm kidding around, the film is flawed, but no film is without flaws. Why don't you go pick up a Spidey comic book?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero come on man you know what I mean, this has been discussed in those threads, most people that didn't watch the movie in a theatre did recently in their computer or dvd and it's exposed for the marketing stunt that it is. Don't feel bad, I'd watch the Power Rangers movie in a cinema when I was a kid and thought it was the best ever.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The only thing I didn't like was the music. It awful. Everything else was great.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero come on man you know what I mean, this has been discussed in those threads, most people that didn't watch the movie in a theatre did recently in their computer or dvd and it's exposed for the marketing stunt that it is. Don't feel bad, I'd watch the Power Rangers movie in a cinema when I was a kid and thought it was the best ever.

I'm not sure you're trying to insult me, but it seems so. As far as I'm concerned - I don't know you and you don't know me enough for us to begin slapping labels on each other such as "kid"... - besides our usernames. I don't like every single film - I came out of The Avengers disappointed, I thought X-Men: DOFP was average and Arrow is mediocre.

When you were, eh... a kid - did you enjoy Power Rangers? Good for you, then...

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I didn't like was the music. It awful. Everything else was great.

The music could've used some work - but overall, damn, ASM2 is a brilliant film. How much would you rate out of 10?

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_dont_like_comics:

Yeah - nice video, it's awesome, my opinion has now done a total 180 degree spin. No - I'm kidding around, the film is flawed, but no film is without flaws. Why don't you go pick up a Spidey comic book?

you ask to not be insulted, but you do it freely. just like you did before. what a hypocrite. i'd ask you to take your own advise but have no intention of reading spider-man. you just want assman.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager said:

The music could've used some work - but overall, damn, ASM2 is a brilliant film. How much would you rate out of 10?

8-8.5

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: oh and you watched a 26 min video in 2. yeah, riiiiight. nice of you to listen to the opinions you asked for.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

@i_dont_like_comics said:

@themetalgearzero: oh and you watched a 26 min video in 2. yeah, riiiiight. nice of you to listen to the opinions you asked for.

I didn't watch the video - because nothing short of a review will, um... "fix"... my opinion. And I tell you to pick up a comic book because your knowledge of Spidey and his universe is rather limited and you cant discern accuracy, tone and faithful to the material. Whatever, according to your screen name, you don't like comics, so I suggested you to pick one up. Were this people insulting me in this thread?:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-are-your-25-favorite-heroes-1593616/#71

Seriously, okay, let's test your knowledge here. Do you know why Flash bullies Peter in the comics?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't watch the video - because nothing short of a review will, um... "fix"... my opinion. And I tell you to pick up a comic book because your knowledge of Spidey and his universe is rather limited and you cant discern accuracy, tone and faithful to the material. Whatever, according to your screen name, you don't like comics, so I suggested you to pick one up. Were this people insulting me in this thread?:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-are-your-25-favorite-heroes-1593616/#71

Seriously, okay, let's test your knowledge here. Do you know why Flash bullies Peter in the comics?

No Caption Provided

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

There's only one nerd in my debate... and only one of us two actually reads Spidey comics.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

There's only one nerd in my debate... and only one of us two actually reads Spidey comics.

And what is the point, i have notice this guys is just trying to make people get in flame wars with him.

Its better if i stop this before he bring his hater friends and this became a huge flame war.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

Whatever - I'm not into getting into a "Flame War" with @i_dont_like_comics comics. A guy like me, halfway across the world, someone he doesn't even know, likes a movie that he hated... why does that bother him? Some people think MOS is the greatest comic book movie ever... I think MOS is average. Who cares? It's fine to debate but at this point, well...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

Whatever - I'm not into getting into a "Flame War" with @i_dont_like_comics comics. A guy like me, halfway across the world, someone he doesn't even know, likes a movie that he hated... why does that bother him? Some people think MOS is the greatest comic book movie ever... I think MOS is average. Who cares? It's fine to debate but at this point, well...

He is in most of flame wars based on movies, so i must believe he is looking for that.

Besides he its always getting in internet fights, not debates.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

Yeah... I don't care if anyone doesn't like ASM2. @captainmarvel4ever doesn't like ASM2 and that's cool because I could get into a nice discussion. But this isn't the case here, so I'm done with him...

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I tried watching it twice and fell asleep twice. I found it boring. I must watch it again to see how it ends.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest. CBM. Ever. *leaves*

Beata

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I thought it was good not great. No where near as good as the first ( I think that is the best spidey movie ever.)

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think TASM2 has surpassed MOS as the most talked about CBM on CV.

Beata

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you'd watch the video, it is a review. and your 4th grade logic about my user name is hilarious. what if my name was serial_kilah29? see how nonsensical what you said is? as for your mighty nerd and comic book reader status, why don't you tell me? and your answer better not be because flash and peter have the classical nerd-jock relationship. because that is not what is shown in the assman movies.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

if you'd watch the video, it is a review. and your 4th grade logic about my user name is hilarious. what if my name was serial_kilah29? see how nonsensical what you said is? as for your mighty nerd and comic book reader status, why don't you tell me? and your answer better not be because flash and peter have the classical nerd-jock relationship. because that is not what is shown in the assman movies.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I thought that it was a rich mans Spiderman 3.

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was completely and totally mediocre.

Fun to watch, but nothing to write home about.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blade_R

Just watched it last night and it was alright. Felt like I was rooting for the villains more than Spiderman. Should have been called "The Average Peter Parker" because it seemed like there wasn't a lot of Spiderman in the movie.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By w0nd

@themetalgearzero

I liked the action scenes, I did not like the story. It felt too congested. I liked what they did with Electro at the beginning, him being clearly troubled by the start, and then by the middle her turns into this imposing bad ass. Sure he got powers, but his whole personality changed. Also felt Harry could have been harry for at least one movie. He showed up, reverted to best friend status, then went crazy and became bad. Norman felt like a waste as well.

It was entertaining.

wouldn't say it's as bad as 3. 3 was filled with problem, actual problems that made no sense. Everything done in the 2nd and 1st movie was forgotten with 3 , how they act who they are, how smart they were, all logic was removed from that movie.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I didn't like the film.

Also am I the only one that noticed that Spider-Man pretty much KILLED Electro at the end of the movie? ...and NOBODY cares?!

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By those_eyes

I still prefer tobey spiderman movies!!!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was good/okay, nothing special.

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still prefer tobey spiderman movies!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided