#1 Posted by StuckOnEuropa (118 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

FREAKIN' AWESOME!

#3 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, who cares if it doesn't live up to certain peoples expectations.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgettable.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care. Haven't been paying attention to it at all.

#6 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Minutemen has been great, I can't fault it. I've not been reading the other comics so I can't comment on those.

I am pretty annoyed (although not overly shocked) that the Black Freighter/pirate story is in all of the comics so you can't actually read it all without getting all of the comics. This makes me sad :'(

#7 Posted by Saren (25124 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the series overall. My favorites are Nite-Owl and Ozymandias. I liked the first issues of Silk Spectre and Comedian but the second issues were kinda meh. Minutemen's pretty good.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading it and it was okay but then it got worse at the Comedian issue so I stopped subscribing and I think the whole series is an injustice to Alan Moore and should never had been made unless Alan Moore was going to write it with Dave Gibbons drawing.

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

I see it has been receiving a pretty varied reception, judging by the responses posted here.

I haven't read any myself, and was hoping that this thread would help me decide whether or not I should pick it up or not :P

#10 Posted by Wolfrazer (7730 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach comes next!

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15102 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all of them so far without Comedian.It doesn't entertain me that much.But my favorite one is Silk Spectre.

#12 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Before Watchmen makes the original look even better by comparison.

#13 Posted by MAGIC_HORSE (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Silk Spectre and Ozymandias, comedian and night owl didn't take my breath away!

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

It's okay. The only one I'm liking very much is Silk Spectre, which is surprising. Others I'm not liking not that much. I can't wait to read  Rorschach BW! My favorite! 

#15 Posted by Queso6p4 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only reading Comedian and Ozymandias but have enjoyed them so far. I'm really looking forward to Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach, though.

#16 Edited by Wolfrazer (7730 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh:  Duh, Rorschach was arguably the best character in Watchmen lol....and they killed him. Or if your like me, he didn't die he just teleported away because he is that awesome.
#17 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

A pleasant surprise.  Stabbing Alan Moore in the back never felt so good.  I may just have to do it more often.

#18 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read it as a stand alone mini-series without comparing it to the original, you will find reading Before Watchmen quite enjoyable, a truly one of a kind experience. The art is superb, the story line is amazing, the dialogues are incredible, and whole atmosphere of each issue is truly wonderful.  

#19 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel they are missing the mark, but they are enjoyable to read.

#20 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at the level of the original Watchmen graphic novel but still better than I anticipated.

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

I just couldn't get into it.