What Are Your Favorite Covers With Your Favorite Character?

• 65 results
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So I was wondering what everybody's favorite covers featuring their favorite character was. Wolverine is my favorite character, and these pics shown here have to be my favorite covers of his. What are yours?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Here the best Hercules covers:

List items

• 1. The Origin of Hercules!; The Search for Kirby

The strength of Hercules featured in such a classic manner and so prominently by Ed McGuiness. This cover is the best one featuring Hercules. Period.

• 2. Hercules Enraged

Hercules and Thor battling in Olympus by John Buscema. Both heroes look great in their Bronze Age looks on this one. John Buscema is one of the all-time greats.

• 3. War Of The Gods

Hercules vs Thor! Olympus vs Asgard! Hercules and Thor facing off while leading their respective realms!

Art by Jack Kirby. It's almost too much!

• 4. The World Still Needs... the Champions!

This is the first superhero team featuring Hercules. Artist Gil Kane did a great job on this one; Hercules is featured most prominently and looks absolutely great!

• 5. When Rises The Behemoth; The Titan And The Torment!

Hercules vs the Hulk. The first meeting and fight between Hercules and the Hulk. Hercules matching up against the Hulk in both size and strength by Jack Kirby and Bill Everett. It's a classic.

This cover shows Hercules rendered by perhaps the greatest Hercules artist ever: Bob Layton.

Layton showcases his artistic talent and his love for the character of Hercules in this mini-series, specifically on this comic cover.

• 7. The Demi-God Must Die!

This comic was my introduction to Marvel's Hercules. George Perez's art is excellent on this cover, despite the fact that Hercules is getting punched! The cover takes me back to my youth and holds up over time, imo.

• 8. The Incredible Herc, Part 2: Shirt of Nessus

This is the actual first issue of Hercules first ever ongoing series.

This cover is a homage to "Thor" #126 and it features Hercules grappling with Ares. Art by Arthur Adams.

• 9. Whom the Gods Would Destroy!

Hercules vs Thor in what many consider Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's best "Thor" Story-arc. This is Jack Kirby's art (naturally) and this cover has been paid homage on several occasions.

• 10. Walls Of Troy, Part Three of the Incredible Herc

Though the main cover by Arthur Adams is very good, it's actually the variant cover by Daniel Ancuna (which can be seen at the top of this list) that I place here. Hercules is seen with the other original members of the Champions, though it is he that is featured most prominently.

• 11. Sacred Invasion, Part 1: The God Squad

Hercules and other assorted immortals unite to form "The God Squad" with Herc as the leader. This cover looks really good and the story within the comic is just as good. Art by John Romita, Jr.

• 12. Prologue To Sacred Invasion: Metamorpheses

Hercules vs Ikaris! Two different kinds of Olympians, two different kinds of immortals and two Jack Kirby designed characters. Cool stuff. Art by John Romita, Jr.

• 13. Assault On New Olympus, Finale: Everybody Dies; Godmarked, Pt. 5: To Battle A God

Hercules in final battle against his deadliest enemy; Typhon!

The other Avengers have fallen, yet Hercules battles on with the fate of the world at stake. This,sadly, is the final issue of Hercules first ongoing series. This cover is beautifully rendered by Alex Garner.

• 14. Merc With A Myth

Hercules and Deadpool raising massive mugs of beer in apparent celebration of their defeat of their respective rivals; Thor and Wolverine. Art by Humberto Ramos.

• 15. Love & War, Part 4: The Weight Of The World

Hercules matching strength with the Olympian Titan Atlas. The two rivals from ancient times battle in out in Washington, D.C. in this comic. Art by one of the best (the best in my opinion) Hercules artists ever; Bob Layton.

• 16. The End is Nigh

Hercules vs Thor, again! This cover features Hercules in his super-powerful, amped up, God of Gods sky-father form going up against his old friend and rival Thor in his modern, armored look. Art by Ed McGuinness.

• 17. The Games of Raging Gods

This is Jack Kirby's only cover featuring Hercules as a solo hero.

Kirby's distinctive style is obvious and Hercules looks great.

• 18. "Many Brave Hearts..."

Hercules battling Namor the Sub-Mariner as depicted by John Buscema.

This line-up of Avengers is very underrated. Hercules is featured as the top-level strongman on par with the Hulk during this run.

• 19. The Incredible Herc, Part 1: Birds of Stymphalis

This homage, by Art Adams, to Jim Steranko's previous Hulk cover is truly awesome. It shows Hercules' strength as he takes over the Hulk's comic making it into "Incredible Hercules."

• 20. Warbound part II

This is a one-on-one match-up type cover not often seen in comics anymore. Hercules fighting the Hulk is always an enticing premise and artist Gary Frank did a truly awesome job depicting both characters on this cover. It's also interesting to note that the size difference between Herc and Hulk isn't that much which is how it should be because Hercules is an extremely large man.

• 21. Prologue / Godmarked, Pt. 1

Hercules has seldom looked more menacing than he does here on this cover by Gabriel Hardman. His size and implied strength contrasts well with Spider-Man slightly in front of him. The story within was pretty good, too. Hercules actually feels jealous of Spider-Man and kicks his scrawny butt.

• 22. Part 3 of 6

Hercules head-locking Thor in pitched battle! This Hercules vs Thor battle turns out to be one of their all-time greats. The cover is by Scott Kolins and he is also did the interior art, too.

• 23. Fall Of An Avenger Conclusion; Greek Tragedy Part II

This cover features art by Ariel Olivetti whom renders Hercules in a muscular, powerful way befitting the Prince of Power. Olivetti also does an excellent job of rendering Hercules for the interior art, too, and would be well suited for regular work depicting Hercules.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

Here are my favorite Thing (Ben Grimm) comic covers:

• 1. Havoc in the Hidden Land!

The Thing has never looked better than he did in this Rich Buckler FF cover. Ben leads the charge of the FF & Inhumans in all of his rock-hewn, two-fisted glory! I first saw this one as a reproduction printed on some Mead paper products in the mid-70's.

• 2. Battle of the Behemoths!

This cover features one of the ultimate hero-vs-hero match-ups and is, imo, the ultimate face-off cover! Drawn by one of the all-time greats, John Buscema, this cover has never been matched in terms of anticipation, iconic characters, posing and simplicity.

• 3. The Thing--Enslaved

The Thing; enslaved! Chained and prodded like a beast by a bunch of old-time gangster-types! This cover shows Ben, despite his size and strength, in an unusual predicament, Bound, yet still defiant. The Thing's original designer, Jack Kirby, drew this one.

• 4. A Sky-Full of Fear!

The Thing battling Power Man high above the sky's of New York City with Alicia Masters in peril. This cover exploded off the rack with action and drama. Drawn by the artist who drew the Thing better than any other; George Perez.

• 5. When Strikes The Silver Surfer!

The Thing vs the Silver Surfer in the sky's and on the roof tops of New York City. The Thing's rock-textured skin and powerful frame is shown taking a cosmic blast from the once and future Herald of Galactus. This one is a Jack Kirby masterpiece.

• 6. Skirmish With Death

The Thing and the Hulk, Marvels best known heroic behemoths, side by side, trapped by the Stranger. This cover kind of served as a comparative picture by which to gauge the physical similarities and differences between these two characters.

• 7. And they shall call him... Champion !

Most of Marvel's heavy-hitters standing behind the Thing, in full boxing gear, as he stands ready to face the CHAMPION! Ben's toughness and determination is undeniable here. By Ron Wilson.

• 8. Time Runs Like Sand!

Old foes, Thing and Sandman, bellied up to the bar in a pub and having a cold one. Beautiful detail and color. This one is cool and classic. By Ron Wilson and Chic Stone.

• 9. Power Of The Piranha!

The Thing and the savage Sub-Mariner (now more commonly known as "Namor") standing toe-to-toe under the sea and exchanging punches! This cover promises fight-filled action and the interior delivers! By former DC master and Marvel 70's cover guru Gil Kane.

• 10. Cry Monster

The Thing grapples the Hulk in this all-time classic cover which was eventually (2007?, 2008?) made into a collectible toy to commemorate it. This cover is as great today as is was back then.

• 11. Happiness is a Warm Alien!

The Thing is decked out & slicked up in a tuxedo and about to get triple teamed by statues of three FF foes statues come to life. I loved it when I bought it as a kid and I love it still. This cover is by the incomparable George Perez.

• 12. Lifelines

The Thing in his first ever on-going solo series! Ben looks large and in charge standing fists-up in rubble and wreckage. Art by John Byrne at his best!

• 13. Man and Superman!

This is not only one of the best-ever Thing covers, it's one of the best-ever covers of all-time! That's despite the fact the Thing is shown in defeat. I absolutely love this cover. This is John Byrne's best FF cover, imo.

• 14. Terror in a Tiny Town

This cover commemorates the FF's 20th anniversary and artist John Byrne drew a cover with enough characters to give George Perez a run for his money. The layout is superb with the Thing front and center showing his rocky size and his true kindness equally.

• 15. Fun 'N' Games, Part 1: Money Changes Everything

Big Ben is ready to rumble on this cover by Andrea DiVito. Simple idea used to great effect as Marvel's original tough-guy strikes an iconic pose for a memorable cover.

• 16. Hereafter Part 3

The only Mike Wieringo cover to make this list, this cover features the entire FF with Ben standing behind them and still appearing larger than all of them combined; a head taller and noticeably wider. The Thing drawn at his proper size!

• 17. Last Hand

On this cover Ben is shown participating in one of his famous superhero poker tournaments. Even with the many, varied and even more popular other heroes around him, it's the Thing who stands out. The theme and art of this Andrea DiVito cover was so good it was made into a t-shirt.

• 18. Dis Man, Dis Monster, Disarmed!

The Thing vs Hercules! This cover has two of Marvel's strongest heroes going toe-to-toe with Hercules even wearing his fable Lion-skin. Very nice, indeed. Art by Andrea DiVito.

Though he is much better known for his epic, iconic work on Spider-Man, artist John Romita, Sr. shows with his work on this cover that he can draw the Thing as well as anyone. Ben rarely (maybe never!) looked better than he does here as he charges towrd the reader.

• 20. ...There Goes The Neighborhood!

Goofy and fun, this Andrea DiVito cover has Ben and fellow smart-mouth New Yorker, Spider-Man, literally hanging out together though Ben's web looks like it's used to lighter loads. Great, fun, cover!

• 21. This Man...This Monster

This is, to many people, the Thing's most iconic cover and it definitely is one of his best. Artist Jack Kirby really conveys the "Thing's" emotional struggle as he grapples with a life-changing choice.

• 22. Doom: Part 2

What an awesome roundhouse punch! The Thing swings for the fences here on this cover by Stuart Immonen. The power Ben has is thoroughly conveyed by this awesome punch! Love it!

• 23. Doom: Part 1

The Thing's size, texture, arms and fists really come through on this cover. His mean downcast stare is great, too. Another great cover by Stuart Immonen.

• 24. In the Best of Families

The Thing's size, stance and expression are all perfect on this Stuart Immonen cover. Simple but good.

• 25. -

Another Thing vs Hulk battle. This is a John Romita, Sr. cover to a book collecting/reprinting many of Marvel's best superhero vs superhero battles (up til that point in time). I always wanted this one but still haven't acquired it. I still love this cover, though.

• 26. Vengeance Is Mine!

The Thing's face and fist are drawn perfectly on this cover. George Perez had no equal when it came to drawing the Thing and this is a great example of it.

• 27. Passport to Oblivion

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Favorite Batman cover:

Batman #655 by Andy Kubert
Batman #655 by Andy Kubert

Favorite Superman cover:

All-Star Superman #1 by Frank Quitely
All-Star Superman #1 by Frank Quitely

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice stuff guys!

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

My favorite Joker covers

Bonus pick
Bonus pick

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

Bump.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By batmannflash

The New 52's Flash covers are beautiful. My two favorite characters are Batman and Barry Allen.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mad props to Brian Buccelletao. The one on the right is even my display pic.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash:

Buccelleato's work on Flash has been sublime. He's definitely one of the top five artists in comics right now. I hope Marvel steals him from DC and has him draw a Wolverine book. *Evil laugh*

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By NovaRichRider
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novarichrider:

Gamora is looking super sexy on that first cover!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist being a pervert. Anyways, great covers! Richard Rider is a beast!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

No Caption Provided

Forgot

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd have to go through my collection again, but these are 2 recent ones I particularly like:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kaine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kaine_
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaine_:

Sweet covers! And yes, Wolverine and Scarlet Spider are an awesome f*cking team! Marvel needs to give them their own series together!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@kaine_: nice!! I really like the Scarlet Spider covers

@wolverine08: never! Buccellato belongs to DC! I did like Joe Madureira's art on Savage Wolverine #6.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JulieDC
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
I hate Frank Miller's writing but love Jim Lee's artwork
I hate Frank Miller's writing but love Jim Lee's artwork

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Nuff said.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer

Black Bolt

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Two of my favorite characters and favorite covers.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman
Superman

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34  Edited By GraniteSoldier

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool
TheWalkingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe my favorite cover of all-time...

No Caption Provided
bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every SINGLE issue of New 52 Flash

Also these:

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolverine008
RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RetconCrisis

Captain Marvel/Shazam (New 52) isn't my favorite-favorite character, but he's up there.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These immediately come to mind.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By LyraFay

This one

Green Arrow 9 by Matt Wagner
Green Arrow 9 by Matt Wagner

Green Arrow's not exactly on it but still he's there...

Long Halloween by Tim Sale
Long Halloween by Tim Sale

Heart of Hush by Dustin Nguyen
Heart of Hush by Dustin Nguyen

And my personal favourite, Dustin Nguyen and his cover for Heart of Hush!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite Cap cover:

Captain America vol. 5, #16
Captain America vol. 5, #16

Favorite Bucky cover:

Winter Soldier: Winter Kills
Winter Soldier: Winter Kills

Favorite Aquaman cover (though technically it focuses more on Manta):

Aquaman #12
Aquaman #12

Favorite Iron Man cover:

The Invincible Iron Man Vol. 6
The Invincible Iron Man Vol. 6

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MonsterStomp
No Caption Provided

My top 3 characters (Batman, Superman, Snake Eyes) should be equal.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

@wolverine08: How can this not be in your top? I love this image.

No Caption Provided

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers