What are your expectations for "Winter Soldier"?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Especially those of us in the USA and other places where it's not been released yet. I hope I'm not setting myself up, but I expect this film to be GREAT!! For a few reasons:

1) I liked CA, The First Avenger..a lot. More than most folks did.

2) Much of it was filmed in Cleveland, about thirty miles from where I live, so the local news was all over it for a while, and everyone involved seemed so confident they had a winner on their hands. I know, they have to appear that way to the media, but it seemed genuine.

3) I think Marvel may be over-due. While The Dark World and IM3 made a lot of money, seems most folks thought those films were mediocre, or at least not as good as past Marvel Studio films.

I'm psyched!

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No more expectations. I've already seen it :o)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

I was going to go and see it today, but it's gonna be so packed I just decided to leave it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's going to be the best superhero movie ever.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

My expectations are very low. The trailers look incredible and I want to be excited, but the trailers for Iron Man 3 & Thor: The Dark World looked great and both of those sucked. I'm hoping Winter Soldier is good, but I'm trying to set my expectations as low as possible so that way I'm not disappointed again.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@xwraith said:

It's going to be the best superhero movie ever.

And I thought my expectations were high!

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

My expectations are that it will be the best solo superhero film since The Dark Knight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My expectations are great action scenes with good character development but a mediocre story. And because of that, I don't seeing it being the best superhero movie ever.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@manwhohaseverything: I'm expecting it to be incredible. Marvel and the Russian brothers really seem to have made a concentrated effort to making this movie take a step up from the First Avenger, it looks like it has a good mix of seriousness and levity, and I love Chris Evan's Cap. I'd next solid money on it being this year's best CBM.

The Ed Brubaker seal of approval is just the icing on the cake.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really hope they try harder to make Cap a bit more impressive. I know he doesn't hold a candle to the likes of say, Thor.. but for a guy with no special powers he's actually quite efficient

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..problem is that movie Cap is just, well, a bit boring....he doesn't have the brooding presence of Bale's Batman or the charisma of RDJs Iron Man, or the cheekiness of a Spiderman.

I think it could be a good film, but not one of the best? However I wont pass judgement till I have seen it.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM3 was garbage. This however will be AMAZING.