What are the limits to Agent Smith's copying ability?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Within the Matrix, Smith can make a copy of himself merely by touching his opponent. How far does this ability go? Could he replace the following, for example?

A) Superman

B) Dumbledore

C) Beetlejuice

D) Galactus

E) Mr. Mxy

F) Bruce Almighty

G) Popeye (with spinach)

H) Djinn

I) Alucard

J) Bugs Bunny

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marionettegeist

If they were all somehow plugged into the Matrix.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyrees

he is not touching them, he is piercing his hand into them to make copies and how the heck does he pierce the likes of kal who are invulnerable, popeye and bugs that has toon force, galactus, mxy and bruce that are nearly godlike and alucard that has a million or so souls in him ?

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

he is not touching them, he is piercing his hand into them to make copies and how the heck does he pierce the likes of kal who are invulnerable, popeye and bugs that has toon force, galactus, mxy and bruce that are nearly godlike and alucard that has a million or so souls in him ?

I don't think any of that would matter if they were in the matrix (though I could be wrong). They would essentially be like programs for him to overwrite. The real question is how did some of these people get plugged into the matrix in the first place, and is that even possible?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ms__omega

I would like to see anyone on the list get put in the matrix good luck with getting any of them in there dont think that would be likely.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, that shows my poor Matrix knowledge! I forgot about the piercing thing. Obviously Smith isn't actually defeating Bugs, or Bruce, or Galactus, if he makes a copy of himself, since those persons are really on the outside of the program. However, it still seems strange to me that the representations of those beings could be overwritten. Again, I don't know, but I think that, if these individuals retain most or all of their power, that Popeye, Bugs, Mr. Mxy, etc., could simply reverse Smith's copying attempt.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marionettegeist

@johnnyz256 said:

Oh, that shows my poor Matrix knowledge! I forgot about the piercing thing. Obviously Smith isn't actually defeating Bugs, or Bruce, or Galactus, if he makes a copy of himself, since those persons are really on the outside of the program.

If he overwrites them he essentially takes over their minds. If he can get out of the matrix it'll actually be Agent Smith's consciousness in their bodies.

However, it still seems strange to me that the representations of those beings could be overwritten. Again, I don't know, but I think that, if these individuals retain most or all of their power, that Popeye, Bugs, Mr. Mxy, etc., could simply reverse Smith's copying attempt.

It's kind of unprecedented so there's not really anything to go on. Neo could somewhat reverse Smith's attempts but he was the One so I don't know if anyone else could do it.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImNemotheGemini

Forget being plugged in.. At the root of the ability, smith is simply trying to impose himself (overwrite in computer terms) on his victim.. Neo had the willpower to fight back the copying.. So it stands to reason that most of, if not all in this list could so the same.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JohnnyZ256

That would have to be one sophisticated computer program to take over the minds of those on the list. I think it's likely that Smith's "consciousness" would be rejected, but I don't know, of course.