What are some uncommon powers in the marvel universe?

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so nothing like healing factors,energy blasts,telepathy or telekinesis people those are fairly popular

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Speedster to be honest, only Quicksilver and Spitfire come to mind from Marvel.

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty sure there are more speedsters than quicksilver?

@maccyd Any other powers you can think of? its for my fanfic about my own characters

Hi,my story is based on agents of shield and i was wondering if you could help me out....dont want to make my main OC OverPowered but dont want them to completely misbalance the team,what powers do you think would provide a suitable balance or should i make him normal? The character is called Richard.

The Team at Present

Shikoba-controls the air

Anna-Can absorb energy and as a result becomes super strong,faster and more confident...will develop this into giving her energy blasts instead

Ana-can fire blasts of ice(due to die)

Sofia-she has enhanced physical capabilities she's also a trained assassin(more on this will be revealed later)

Leah - she has super intelligence thanks to the cuff on her arm

Richard

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Spider-sense is pretty unique in Marvel.

Marvel doesn't do speedsters really either.

Shape-shifting isn't used much, the only one I can actually think of is Mystique.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Her son

Hulk family (maybe not traditional shifters but they do shift)

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed is the only thing that comes to my mind, and I don't mean the crappy 300 mph or Mach speeds, I mean ftl speeds, and incorporate it to combat speed and reaction timing

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only because I've been reading a lot of X-men recently, but Goldballs comes to mind.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Cats luck power.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

Black Cats luck power.

Domino and Longshot have that.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawlx101:

I'd sat telalactoses the ability to control dairy

Its very uncommon

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Taskmaster's powers.

Mr_Sinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of then in one... Darkseid, MM, and Superman

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dum529001

There are no uncommon powers. You are just a newbie to comic books.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Mef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhm...Blackbolt anyone?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empathic metamorphosis - this is the powerset Meggan has.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Luke Cage's. But i still like his character

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

marvel's got everything and give everything to everyone

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invisible Woman, Dazzler, Songbird, and Tarot have extremely unique powersets.

While Invisible Woman's power to turn invisible is shared, the ability to make invisible things visible, and to project invisible forcefields are very unique in a universe where you generally see flashy energy constructs. The movies never quite got this right, because most audiences would need a visual stimulus but the forcefield power is one of the few that we are explicitly told is not visible in-universe (telepaths, such as Charles, Jean Grey, Emma and presumably pre-psi-knife British Psylocke being the others whose energy manipulation couldn't be seen though you'd see a representation on-panel. In the original series, when Prof. X or Marvel Girl used their powers, the artists showed wiggly lines instead of psionic blooms on their foreheads. Presumably, it wasn't until Jean manifested the Phoenix energy signature (w/ and w/o the PF) that she specifically modulated her energy output to be along the visible EM spectrum)

Dazzler's core power is sonic transduction - she turns sound into photons (i.e light). Overly complicated, but much more interesting and quirky than straight up photon or energy projection. This power can be pretty disastrous since this is a visual and not audio-based medium, so Claremont and others had to resort to a lot of descriptive writing to convey what her voice and band sounded like. But still, the unlimited nature of her transduction power is what attracted Galactus to her and he made her a herald because she was one of the few superhumans whose base power was limitless.

Songbird (f/k/a Screaming Mimi) had a fairly unique power - the carapace she wore allowed her to create energy constructs out of the sound she produced with her voice. Unlike Siryn/Banshee II or Banshee, her constructs could be a bit fancier, and unlike Dazzler, there was less difficulty visualizing or understanding her powers because she essentially did basic voice modulations (i.e. hitting high notes and repeating them to create sonic battering rams is easier for a non-musician to understand than why some sounds didn't fuel Dazzler's powers and/or why she was very powerful in one issue based off a radio playing, but portrayed very weakly in another issue where she is in a concert).

Tarot has a very unique power as well - she had other abilities, but her main one shown on panel was the ability to manifest quasi-physical beings out of visual depictions. These beings had limited ability to act on their own without her directly controlling them since they responded to her will.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: That's debatable, I feel as though speed is just pointed out far less often.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By lettsplay10

Toilet Man

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stretching I guess...

In Marvel, only Reed and Kamala Khan have it and the OP is only asking for Marvel...

Also, invisibility...

Eye Beams???

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: There are like 30 characters who has eye beams.

Also people who said speed there are a lot more character than just Quicksilver.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman: I wasn't sure about Eye Beams which is why I had it questioned marked

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, invisibility...

I removed invisibility from my list of Invisible Woman's uncommon powers because Pulsar/Monica Rambeau (many of her energy forms, such as projecting herself as radio waves, are invisible but we see them reflected on-panel for ease of identification), Dazzler (via bending light waves around her body), and many telepaths (when astrally projecting themselves or removing their presence from other people via altering onlookers visual perception) had this power. Also, many wielders of the Power Cosmis have this power, though it's rarely used.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AwesomePerson
Corvin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blink's teleportation power is pretty unique, is it not? She is the only teleporter I saw to be able to teleport something into pieces but I am no expert.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: Finesse from Avengers Academy is also a polymath like Taskmaster and possibly his daughter. Prodigy also seems to have a similar power set.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has a list of heroes by powers at:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Characters_by_Power

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator is fairly unique in the way his powers are based on his current perceived situation and ability to handle it I.E self-confidence. His actual powers aren't that special which are pretty much the staple for all "tank-built super heroes".

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The word of God or something where everyone believes your lies no matter what

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-sense is pretty unique in Marvel.

Marvel doesn't do speedsters really either.

Shape-shifting isn't used much, the only one I can actually think of is Mystique.

Yeah but there is so many Spider-man knock offs which almost all share that power

For speedsters on top of my head i can count Spitfire,Quicksilver,Speed Demon,Makkari,Runner etc.

Shape Shifting is like one of the most common one. The entire Skrull race is shape-shifters which is like a trillion in population. And Other than Mystique there is Morph, Loki, Apocalypse, Enchantress, Impossible Man etc.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@marlboroman: The only Spider-Men outside of Peter that have spider-sense are Ben Reilly (who's dead) and Miles Morales (who's in another universe...for now).

Sure they exist. But that doesn't make them prominent. Other than Quicksilver, who is only known because of DoFP and AoU none of the others are known/popular. Especially to the mainstream audience. Compare that to The Flash, or even Superman, and you see my point.

Again, see the speedster comment. Sure there are others, hell even Venom can shape shift, but that doesn't mean it's a prominent power in many forefront characters. Mystique is the only one who's well known, and the only one who uses it routinely. Most people don't know Loki can use his magic to transmute himself, let alone know about Enchantress or the Skrulls. And even as a lifelong reader I only know about Morph because of the 90s X-Men cartoon.

So unpopular can be conceived as uncommon. Realistically there are so many heroes with so many powersets across the comics and novels media that there isn't really many 'uncommon' or 'unique' ones anymore. What makes them unique is how they are acquired or how they operate (like Gladiator's super-strength/speed/etc based on his self-confidence).

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvin said:

Blink's teleportation power is pretty unique, is it not? She is the only teleporter I saw to be able to teleport something into pieces but I am no expert.

Nightcrawler can do the same but the strain injures and could kill him. But, yeah, the way her power worked was different enough to be uncommon.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Absorption.... That seems to be a very limited power. There are 3 characters that can copy powers but to Absorb your powers I can only think of Rogue.

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radar Sense is unique I think.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers