What about Loki is actually interesting?

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

In the movies at least. He just seems like tumblr fan-girl fodder, and his only purpose is to look pretty and say Whedon-isms. None of his "arcs" have been interesting, and he seems like a character that the creators "think" is important and can actually outgrow his parallel (Thor), but really can't.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well before he became a fan-girls wet dream, I was really sucked in by that conversation about his heritage with Odin. Also Loki is one of my favorite villains. He, along with Lex showed me that you didn't have to always punch things to be a badass.

In the movies Loki is just charismatic. I love watching him evolve into a stronger version of himself. Truly turning to the dark side. Yet, somehow remaining good enough to still care for his brother. I can also relate to him because I lost my mother as well. Not to violence, but the emotions were the same.

I'm also the runt of my family.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki is one of the best villains in marvel universe.

You are very wrong.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

well marvel hasn't had very good villains on average

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: but being beaten by hulk makes him well rounded?!!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@gjgp27: I didn't say that, I said marvel hasn't had very good villains, that includes loki

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's one of the few villains where I can understand WHY he's evil.

He wants Justice. He feels like he was consistently given the raw end of the deal.

Having to live in Thor's shadow, can you blame him?

Jmarshmallow

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gjgp27
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

He is the only Villain in the MCU.

Also he is the sex god, dashing and smashing icon that Tom Hiddleston is, i want to have his adopted babies.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki is a fascinating character in the movies.

Nice to see someone really treating the human race like the "ants" we are in the big picture if the Universe.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: His entire family was pretty much killed by his "dad," then he was considered their son only to find out that he's doomed to always live in Thor's shadow.

Jmarshmallow

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gjgp27: no. Loki has charisma and just want to take away our freedom and rule us...

But yes, Zod was a believable villain.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Posted by koshi_waza88 (1520 posts) - 15 minutes, 36 seconds ago - Show Bio

Its funny cause what i like about Loki is how human he is a not just a villain but a misunderstood and very hurt person who lashes out in jealousy, anger and other aspects we all know as to well from just being us... its not like we can relate to Thor or Captain America even Stark is difficult etc but Loki we can understand and empathize with his anger and his deep buried sadness.

#3 Posted by Appzashok (852 posts) - 10 hours, 22 minutes ago - Show Bio

Loki is one of the best villains in marvel universe.

You are very wrong.

THESE!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He's arguably the only good villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and a well-developed character.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

He's the only villain in the MCU who has more than one dimension to him, everyone else are replaceable, boring villains who either want power, or to destroy stuff. And yes, this is including Winter Soldier, until he gets more than five lines of dialogue and a brooding, confused look, he'll be a bad villain too.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See, none of his backstory is sufficient for why he's evil

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Just going off the MCU? He seems to be the only villain that isn't one-dimensional. He's had a interesting character progression throughout all the movies he's been in.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

He's the only villain in the MCU who has more than one dimension to him, everyone else are replaceable, boring villains who either want power, or to destroy stuff. And yes, this is including Winter Soldier, until he gets more than five lines of dialogue and a brooding, confused look, he'll be a bad villain too.

Still this.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bullpr said:

Loki is a fascinating character in the movies.

Nice to see someone really treating the human race like the "ants" we are in the big picture if the Universe.

This ^^

I disgree, there are other good villains in the MCU.

Iron Monger : he wanted to be the head of Stark industries, and to accomplish that, he had to get rid of Stark.

Red Skull : Right hand of Hitler, he had the same ideology as Hitler, but he was more ambitious and always wanted more, it was never enough for him, he wanted more power and everyone to feel scared of him, you know, there´s people in real life who are like this.

Abomination: An excellent soldier who had never lost a fight until he faced Hulk, he then became obssesed in destroying him, he went so far that he became a monster himself in the procces of trying to destroy Hulk.

Winter Soldier : Brainwashed and wiped from his memories he´s the secret weapon of Hydra, not to mention the best friend of the main hero in the movie, seeing him struugle with his memories somehow returning to him but at the same time still confused about everything, it was really interesting to see him. Not to mention he was a total badass.

Alexander Pierce : With a high spot in S.H.I.E.L.D, he had acces to their most private information, and made a plan to return Hydra to the world and get the respect they "deserve"

Loki : reasons mentioned above.

All these villains were good in their movies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_stegman: Maybe, but they are interesting, which qualifies (at least for me) as a good villain.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big fan of him but he's by far the most interesting MCU villain.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

@thor_parker82:

Meh, they were boring to me. None of them stood out.

As soon as I saw Stane, I knew he was gonna want to take Stark Industries.

Abomination just wanted more power to beat Hulk.

Pierce, again was a typical corrupt businessman.

Winter Soldier, while his back story is interesting, he was not. He was just a badass with a gun who didn't talk, like Terminator, without Arnold swagger.

Avatar image for rod_the_blade_star
Rod_The_Blade_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the psychology of his character is very much apparent. He feels unwanted and as though he is in the shadow of his "brother". He was raised under a lie. Did you see his response when turned blue after touching that thing in the treasure vault? Did you see his reaction to the news of Frigga's death? Did you see his face as he fell into the void at the end of Thor? Imagine his reaction as he, in the guise of Odin heard the words of respect his brother gave him. Seeing that Thor's love and respect is not some farce that he puts on in the for Loki but is in fact genuine. He has an emotional spectrum and a personality. There are times where I am rooting for him to win because I believe much like Thor that Loki is a good person who is so wrapped up in his jealousy of Thor and hatred of Odin, that he fails to see what he has in life. If he ever wins eventually all that he lords over will become meaningless because he has no one to share it with. As Odin said if not for me you would have died on that frozen field. He would never rule but he would get to be a royal. But maybe "good" villain is different for you. If depth of character is irrelevant to you then perhaps power is what matters. If that is the case you will likely enjoy Thanos more because he alone can stand again the combined might of the avengers. He will not need a magic stick, hydra , the Chitauri, or a suit of armor. He can just dole out threats and punches that back up his words. The Hulk will not rag doll him.