• 68 results
Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I don't consider myself a nerd at all. But I think they should put out a Black Panther movie before a Hank Pym movie.

Any reasons in particular?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Only the Batman/Superman news upsets me.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By joshmightbe

@mitran: I only have a tertiary knowledge of the EU so I'm not the one to ask on specifics, but to be honest if they were to keep the current EU cannon with the back story and the mythology it might actually prevent the new movies from being good by loading them down with unnecessary baggage so from a creative and business standpoint it makes more sense not to hobble a new creative direction.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Heh, I didn't know a "knee injury" was considered code word for "uh oh, this film is definitely not ready for next year".

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By LyraFay

Ben Affleck didn't break his leg for the last time! He's fine.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just hear that not only is Batman vs Superman is day layed, but it's new release date is the same as one of Marvels unnaunced movies. And the following week Xmen: Apocalypse will be released and the week AFTER Xmen is The Amazing Spider-Man 3. That's just a bit too much I think...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Heh, I didn't know a "knee injury" was considered code word for "uh oh, this film is definitely not ready for next year".

Apparently he was walking around with his family and at an awards ceremony just fine without any sign of injury so maybe something else is at hand causing the delays to the film.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Apparently he was walking around with his family and at an awards ceremony just fine without any sign of injury so maybe something else is at hand causing the delays to the film.

The cynic in me is saying that DC/Warner is p*ssing out like they always do... My fellow countrymen are already betting its a matter of time before they cancel this whole bloody movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

The cynic in me is saying that DC/Warner is p*ssing out like they always do... My fellow countrymen are already betting its a matter of time before they cancel this whole bloody movie.

That would be too much of a farce even for Warner Bros to go through at the end of the day. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if they did that though they'd lose a lot of credibility as a result. Still, I bet the delay is down to the dividing nature of MOS given the controversy and critical reception of that film.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

I think it's definitely fair to say that yeah and I'm completely fine with them pushing it back :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

I think it's definitely fair to say that yeah and I'm completely fine with them pushing it back :P

God forbid that Warner Bros and DC are totally honest with us fans about the situation at hand :P

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

1. That doesn't bother me since I never considered anything but the movies to be canon anyways. (Plus it might curb the Goku-like power levels Jedi get into everywhere but the movies).

2. As good as Higging was at writing Nightwings character, I still feel his run on the book was crippled by Snyder... or rather the Bat-editors and their mandates to drag everyone into Snyder's stories. First Dick was on the road with the circus, then he owned the circus and planted it in Gotham, then the circus was blown up, then 'Wings was off to Chicago and now it seems hes back to Gotham again.

3. Doubt thats going to happen.

4. Just the boring and rather predictable outcome of a boring event; Big name villain gets into big name hero organisation... and we saw how that went with Norman Osborne.

5. You can still have him kicking ass as one of the 7 other identities he's had over the years.

6. Well so did Bale-Wayne in the start of Rises and he just walked it off :D

OTOH, I am quite happy with this week because:

1. Lobdell has finally announced he's leaving Teen Titans. Yeah the book is ending with him, but that just leaves room for the changes thats going to be needed to mend the book.

2. Wally West is coming back.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

That would be too much of a farce even for Warner Bros to go through at the end of the day. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if they did that though they'd lose a lot of credibility as a result. Still, I bet the delay is down to the dividing nature of MOS given the controversy and critical reception of that film.

Honestly, I liked MoS, I still understand why some hated it and it could have being a better movie movie. If it wasn't for the fact that Marvel was already 50 steps ahead of DC in this game, the critical sh*tstorm that followed MoS would have made DC pulled out their guns and ran to the hills with their tails between their legs and would NOT make another superhero movie that isn't Batman for the next 10 years, until someone with more courage to come along to try it again.

I understand why they would take their time with the movie after apparently rushing it out of the door, and while some of my friends were definitely exaggerating with them wanting to call it off, they were pretty disappointed with it being pushed back.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Honestly, I liked MoS, I still understand why some hated it and it could have being a better movie movie. If it wasn't for the fact that Marvel was already 50 steps ahead of DC in this game, the critical sh*tstorm that followed MoS would have made DC pulled out their guns and ran to the hills with their tails between their legs and would NOT make another superhero movie that isn't Batman for the next 10 years, until someone with more courage to come along to try it again.

I understand why they would take their time with the movie after apparently rushing it out of the door, and while some of my friends were definitely exaggerating with them wanting to call it off, they were pretty disappointed with it being pushed back.

Exactly, it's the level Marvel are at in their cinematic universe coupled with DC's desire to match that level of success that has made DC rush this film into quick production. Obviously, this rush has left some mistakes that cannot be erased so perhaps DC are seeking to improve in this new installment. Even so, taking longer than necessary could blow up in DC and WB's faces if the final product doesn't match up to expectations.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

God forbid that Warner Bros and DC are totally honest with us fans about the situation at hand :P

Yeah, I don't get that either.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So I'll make this quick, but I'll make sure to come back and edit this later. This week has been rough for lots of fans.

1.) Everything I the expanded Star Wars universe is not NON-CANON. Only the 6 movies are. Then to top it offs Star Wars is leaving Dark Horse and going back to Marvel (which I don't mind too much, but others are angered).

2.) Kyle Higgens is leaving Nightwing

3.) Rumor has it that James Tynion will be taking over Nightwing and replacing Dick Grayson with Calvin Rose taking on the mantle of Nightwing. Oh and Dick Grayson May die at the end of Forever Evil to top it all off.

4.) Lex Luthor and Captain Cold are going to be joining the Justice League

5.) Michael Douglas being cast as an OLD Hank Pym. Yes the movie still may be good nonetheless, but don't we all want to see Hank Pym kicking ass as Antman with the Avengers? Plus Wasp will be drastically changed now.

6.) Ben Affleck has a knee injury and resulted in Batman vs. Superman to be released in 2016 instead of 2015.

On the bright side though, Peter is coming back as Spider-Man, Wally West is returning with Robert Vendetti and Brett Booth taking over Flash and Nightcrawler is getting a new ongoing.

WHAT? STAR WARS NON CANON???? NO . NOOOOOOOOOOOO

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WHAT THE F*CK! STAR WARS EU IS NON-CANON!? ALL OF IT!?

No Caption Provided

This makes me sick. SIIIIICKK!

I'm glad we agree on something. :(