West Coast Avengers: Marvel Cinematic U?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Veshark

Random thought that popped in my head. Hear me out:

What would you Viners think about a West Coast Avengers team existing in the MCU?

With Avengers 2, the team's roster will expand to eight members. By the next Avengers movie, let's assume that the team expands to a theoretical twelve (let's say...if we throw in Ant-Man, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, and maybe Coulson-Vision).

At which point, should the main Avengers team be divided into two groups? East and West?

On the East side, we could keep Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Widow, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch.

But on the West side, we throw in Hawkeye as the leader, along with Vision, Iron Patriot/War Machine, Falcon, Ant-Man, maybe Sif, and whatever other minor heroes they've introduced over the years.

It makes sense in a way because with Clint getting the least screentime, a separate team would be a nice opportunity to let him shine. Plus, it also gives somewhere for all these other side heroes to be put to good use. Hawkeye, Ant-Man (well Hank at least), Vision, and War Machine were all Wackos in the comics, at any rate. And two Avengers movies side-by-side might be a good financial investment to think on.

Of course, I'm mostly just spitballing here. It's just something that sprung to mind. It might be a successful venture and I know I'd get a kick out of seeing two different Avengers movies. Maybe the East team deals with the real heavy threats while the West deals with the more covert ones. Of course...it could also turn out to be a disastrous over-milking of the concept...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

On the Vision, I think it's been confirmed to be JARVIS since Jarvis voice actor has been confirmed to be playing vision.

There's a high possibility for the East Coast, I don't think Avengers 3 will have the original Avengers in it, or there will be a point where a second set of Avengers will be required to assemble from the hints we hear about from Marvel. Perhaps the original members get captured by Thanos or something.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@slimj87d: @veshark:

Yes, Paul Bettany, a very talented actor. He's perhaps best known for Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World, A Knight's Tale, and A Beautiful Mind, as well as the voice of Jarvis.

I think a WCA would be pretty cool to see in the MCU, but the problem might be the fact that they're the lesser known commodities, it would be a bit harder to generate public interest for the average movie goer, and also, as you said, there is the "over milking" that they would have to be aware of.

@slimj87d said:

On the Vision, I think it's been confirmed to be JARVIS since Jarvis voice actor has been confirmed to be playing vision.

There's a high possibility for the East Coast, I don't think Avengers 3 will have the original Avengers in it, or there will be a point where a second set of Avengers will be required to assemble from the hints we hear about from Marvel. Perhaps the original members get captured by Thanos or something.

Why do you think that? Would you perhaps know where to find these hints? I've never seen them and am very interested in this possibility.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982: The hints are mainly based on rumors and speculation started from Disney financial people.

The cost for RDJ is very high, and everyone on the Avengers team has gotten a salary increase for the next Avengers movie. A lot of people speculated months ago that at some point, a new Avengers cast would make a scene mainly due to budget.

It's all rumors though, we'll have to see how things play out. I think Disney and Marvel have a bunch of WHAT IF scenarios. They are financial geniuses, and their financial projections for the Avengers franchise is probably projected a generation ahead (Phase 3 movies).

Phase 4 is probably too far off for them to play out any of their WHAT IF scenarios.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@slimj87d:

Thanks. I remember hearing about the salary issues as well. There was also a rumor that Renner wasn't going to be Hawkeye, which he stopped himself. I think all the contracts are sorted out, at least until after Avengers 3, but anything can happen. That's why we should not take these great movies for granted.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I like Hawkeye. Awesome character. I'd miss his interaction with Cap and Co. though.

Maybe go a Black Ops style? I'm on board so long as the ideas are good and the story strong.

Also a Hawkeye/Widow origins movie needs to happen.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think they would do a west coast team since i think they are planning on doing a new avengers thing. it would just be too many teams

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FearTheLiving
GOD YES!
GOD YES!

EDIT: Admittedly I may be a bit biased..