Weekly Manga Releases: June 10, 2014

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By takashichea

Welcome to the June's 2nd week of manga releases! This week, we had a record breaking for adult manga series. Right Stuf has 7 manga titles, but I omitted one because ANN had listed back in May, Virgin Games. This week has three lovely art books. My Quick Pick choices would be Deadman Wonderland, Magi, and Tiger & Bunny since I had watched their respective anime series. I love them both. Deadman Wonderland is a gruesome and dark show full of over the top graphic violence. Not that violent like Gantz which I heard is more brutal. Thank god, Deadman Wonderland has no rape in it. Magi is one of my favorite Shonen series to follow. If you're looking for a refreshing Shonen series after getting tired of the Shonen Trinity, give Magi a try. It is a fantasy and adventure series about Aladdin who finds out he plays a role in saving the world from Al Sarmen who seeks to drown the world into depravity. Finally, Tiger and Bunny is my fave for lovable characters who are heroes working to make a living and a difference.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on what manga releases you're interested in this week. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I'm just promoting the official release and the publishers. I'm not selling you anything. This is to combat piracy and get fans to support the official release. All summaries are from ANN.

It's thanks to PikaHyper for uploading the English manga covers.

Sources

Notes

The following manga volumes are not available in comic book stores: Say I Love You Vol. 2 and Mobile Suit Gundam: Origins Vol. 6.

For the adult manga releases, there are different release dates:

Hard Temptation

• Right Stuf: June 11
  • Amazon: June 3
  • Comic Vine: May 20

Ladies Full of Love

• Amazon: June 3, 2014
  • Comic Vine: May 21, 2014
  • Right Stuf: June 11, 2014
Private Teacher
  • Amazon: June 3, 2014
  • Comic Vine: May 21, 2014
  • Right Stuf: June 11, 2014

Past Articles

This Week's Manga Releases

Temporary Quick Picks Manga

Android Angels Volume 1
  • Distributor: Gen Manga
  • Suggested Retail Price: $14.95

Wouldn't it be great to live with the perfect woman or perfect man? Android butlers and maids are the future. These short stories are tales from a land beyond, where androids not only protect humans, but also live and are intimate with them. Android Angels depicts a future world in which consumers can easily rent android companions, but only for a three-year span, leading to questions about the morality of erasing the memories of artificial humans and what happens to human relationships abruptly broken off every three years.

Arata: the Legend Volume 18
  • Distributor: Viz Media
  • Suggested retail price: $9.99
Both Arata of the Hime and Arata Hinohara come under attack by members of the Six Sho, a group from Hinohara's world who found themselves in the other, gained great power, and now wish to return home for reasons more sinister than just being homesick. Arata of the Hime is tasked with protecting his classmate and friend Oribe, who turns out to be a lot more than either of them suspected, while Arata Hinohara faces perhaps his greatest challenger yet among the Six Sho: Isora, who wields the power of the written wor
Deadman Wonderland Volume 3

Ganta enters the Carnival Corpse, a battle between two Branch of Sin users. Ganta’s next opponent is a timid girl; can he even take her on? Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of the prison, the warden stands face to face with the Red Man. Who really murdered Ganta’s friends?

Magi Volume 6

Alibaba finally takes a stand for his homeland. What power does he need to acquire? The true ability of the Djinn's Metal Vessel becomes clear!

Mobile Suit Gundam Origins Volume 6
  • Distributor: Vertical
  • Suggested retail price: $29.95

Caught in the crossfire of a space civil war, teenager Amuro Ray accidentally finds a new mobile weapon - the RX-78 Gundam. To protect himself and his friends he climbs into the cockpit and is immediately thrust into the frontlines defending those he loves from a silent enemy.

Mobile Suit Gundam Origins Volume 6
  • Distributor: Vertical
  • Suggested retail price: $29.95

Caught in the crossfire of a space civil war, teenager Amuro Ray accidentally finds a new mobile weapon - the RX-78 Gundam. To protect himself and his friends he climbs into the cockpit and is immediately thrust into the frontlines defending those he loves from a silent enemy.

Say I Love You Volume 2
  • Distributor: Kodansha Comics
  • Suggested retail price: $10.99

It seems like just yesterday, Mei was a prickly loner who never spoke to anyone in her high school class. Now, popular boy Yamato has started calling Mei his girlfriend! She's not sure how she feels about that... but she'll have to decide quickly, because this kind of social earthquake is sure to stir up jealousy, and soon Mei faces rivals for Yamato's affections - and her own!

Art Books

Fate/Complete Material Artbook 1: Art Material
The Fate franchise has grown from a popular visual novel into multiple anime and manga series, video games, and more. Fate/Complete Material Volume 1 is the first in an art book series, and collects the in-game artwork from the original "Fate/Stay Night" visual novel, plus key visuals and promotional artwork.

Gurren Lagann Art Works Artbook

Bust through the heavens with your soul, Gurren Lagann! Featuring buxom babes, brutal beastmen, and mountainous mecha as only Gainax can deliver, Gurren Lagann is a non-stop roller coaster of all-out anime action! Gurren Lagann Art Works collects the imagery of the series, including DVD covers, magazine artwork, poster images, promotional illustrations, and more!

Art by Gainax.

Mikucolor: Kei's Hatsune Miku Illustration Works Artbook
Collecting the artwork of official Vocaloid character illustrator, KEI! Mikucolor collects KEI's dazzling illustrations of your favorite Vocaloids like Luka, Rin & Len, and of course the supreme musical idol herself - Hatsune Miku! Included are magazine & book illustrations, DVD covers, rare pinups, exclusive new artwork, and much more!

Adult Releases

Because of Comic Vine's rules on allowing uncensored manga covers, Hard Temptation's manga cover will not be on this blog due to nudity.

Adult Quick Picks

Crimson Spell Volume 4
  • Distributor: SuBLime
  • Suggested retail price: $12.99

The key to discovering the secret behind Vald's cursed sword is somewhere in the empire of Zenedoura. With information obtained from Limris - new companion and former Consul of the Empire - Prince Vald decides to head there to see what he can find. Along the way, in order to save a gravely wounded Rulca, he deliberately chooses to turn into his demon self! Vald's uncharacteristic recklessness provokes a tirade from Halvir, who then leaves the group without a word...

Hard Temptation

Hard Temptation

• Distributor: Project-H Books
  • Suggested Retail Price: $17.95

Yuusuke has finally earned the keys to paradise! With a brand-new apartment and a bevy of beautiful neighbors, things are bound to get interesting in no time. But what if this busy, happy house suddenly turns into the hottest harem on the block?

Ladies Full of Love
  • Distributor: Project-H
  • Suggested retail price: $17.95

Clumsy Masato is on a mission! If he can just travel back in time and change one tiny little detail from his fateful tryst with the super-sexy Kaori, then his lousy life will finally turn out perfectly... or will it? Was Masato's fumbling first time actually meant to be a total disaster? How far will one guy go to secure the affections of his quarrelsome swim coach? And can two identical kimono-clad girls actually be better than one?

Makunouchi Deluxe Volume 2

Feisty, catty Rei and insatiable Ryou know better than to mix work with pleasure…but they just can’t help themselves! After all, solving cases all day leaves a lot of pent-up energy for nighttime. Can these two sometimes-lovers keep it together in the midst of crime sprees and jealous meddlers? Makunouchi Deluxe plays to win with the tightest outfits and the biggest laughs! Can a sassy cat and a perplexing panda prove to be the hottest heroines in the city? And will a rivalry over one guy get in the way of their ferocious fighting technique?

Nurse's Paradise Volume 2

Sly Shouma won't be leaving the fantastic females-only clinic he now calls "home" any time soon! After all, what hot-blooded man in his right mind would walk away from a garden of gorgeous nurses? But what will happen if his paradise opens its perfect, pearly gates to (gasp!)... other men?

Private Teacher Vol. 4

• Distributor: Digital Manga Publishing
  • Suggested Retail Price: $12.95

Things really start to heat up in this last volume as the two lovers take on the toughest obstacle thus far - each other's families! While living together with Kaede, Rintaro decides to start a part-time job as a private teacher. But he's met with objections from Kaede and in order to ascertain how suitable he is, it's decided that he'll teach Kaede's little brother, Tsubaki! Rintaro suddenly starts going to Kaede's family house, but what will happen?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

while i dont read as much manga as I use to, these posts you making are excellently done. Keep it up.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0