#1 Posted by acer51 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

The story in Avengers vs X-men isn't that bad, Cyclops motivations were dark enough to match with past events and evreyone could see somthing like this would darken Cyclops eventually.

We all know the writers were biased because the Avengers movie made a fortune, but if you subtract the bias this has been a solid event.

Had the Avengers been less stupid, or even admit they made a few mistakes it would have been fine.

But it's not like the Marvel universe is ignoring the Avengers lack of diplomacy in this matter, Reed Richards pointed out the Avengers flaws.

I'd say this event was acceptable and even though there is some distasteful bias the event was still fun, the mutants have returned which will put X-men back in the game instead f being an island, I know there are bad things about this event but it's not going to ruin Marvel comics.

#2 Edited by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this event is worth it for Marvel Now.

#3 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel now comes out swinging then it will be well worth it, my only problem is what will the X men be doing, yea you mentioned more Mutants but the "Uncanny Avengers" will be handling that, which is basically taking the X men Niche, to top it off with the fact that alot of Former X men Exclusive Characters (cannonball, sunspot, rogue, havok, at least) are jumping aboard the Avengers band wagon.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

If Marvel now comes out swinging then it will be well worth it, my only problem is what will the X men be doing, yea you mentioned more Mutants but the "Uncanny Avengers" will be handling that, which is basically taking the X men Niche, to top it off with the fact that alot of Former X men Exclusive Characters (cannonball, sunspot, rogue, havok, at least) are jumping aboard the Avengers band wagon.

Uncanny Avengers is just replacing Uncanny X-men, they're pretty much going to be the same team, just the Avenger's response, I think the Wolverine school X-men are still going to be very important.

#5 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No, the story of AVX is a frustrating mess. It is BAD.

2. If you subtract the bias, this would still be a crappy event.

3. Reed pointed out their flaws, but in the end it did not matter since the avengers still acted like the way they did in act one.

4. Its not going to ruin marvel in the end. That much is true. I in return will not buy their new marvel now titles.

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

1. No, the story of AVX is a frustrating mess. It is BAD.

2. If you subtract the bias, this would still be a crappy event.

3. Reed pointed out their flaws, but in the end it did not matter since the avengers still acted like the way they did in act one.

4. Its not going to ruin marvel in the end. That much is true. I in return will not buy their new marvel now titles.

Really? Because Marvel's market share is shrinking dramatically.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5893 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@x_29 said:

1. No, the story of AVX is a frustrating mess. It is BAD.

2. If you subtract the bias, this would still be a crappy event.

3. Reed pointed out their flaws, but in the end it did not matter since the avengers still acted like the way they did in act one.

4. Its not going to ruin marvel in the end. That much is true. I in return will not buy their new marvel now titles.

Really? Because Marvel's market share is shrinking dramatically.

It is?
#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@x_29 said:

1. No, the story of AVX is a frustrating mess. It is BAD.

2. If you subtract the bias, this would still be a crappy event.

3. Reed pointed out their flaws, but in the end it did not matter since the avengers still acted like the way they did in act one.

4. Its not going to ruin marvel in the end. That much is true. I in return will not buy their new marvel now titles.

Really? Because Marvel's market share is shrinking dramatically.

It is?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/newsish-dc-grows-marvel-shrinks/698822/