WB plans for a Wonder Woman trilogy

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

It turns out that Gal Gadot passed up a chance to star in the remake of Ben-Hur in order to become a part of a Wonder Woman trilogy. The impending Wonder Woman solo movie with Gadot will more than likely take place in a contemporary setting with Ares as the lead villain who will no doubt try to start World War III.

However, the other two movies will be prequels taking place in the 1920's and the 1940's. Hippolyta was the original Wonder Woman until her daughter Diana came of age. If there is one thing that I have learned from the success of comic book movies, its the villains who draw in the crowds and Hippolyta's rogue gallery falls short of interesting.

The only possibility that I see with these prequels being a success would be if Diana gets flung into the past to prevent an alternate future from being created by a different outcome during World War II or Hippolyta gets involved with the JSA. What do you think?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Sources ?

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rev_sulphur: seriously. This ww2 sounds awful and is freaking me out

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: the sources for this awful sounding rubbish. whoever agreed on it should be slapped by Ron Jeremy's member.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

This is still an ultra rumor. It was reported by bleeding cool, and pretty much no one else.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I lol'ed at the "it's the villains who draw in crowds".

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the movies. They can do whatever they want. It's not like the ones already made used comic canon as a strict guide, haha.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First they said Superman was the first, then it was Batman and now it looks it was Wonder Woman.

Also the X Men going back to the past was spot on, this dont sound that great to be honest.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Well riddle me this: when u went to go see Dark Knight, is it because u wanted to see Batman's trials as a hero or is it because u wanted to see the Joker.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DC is really, really getting ahead of themselves after a slow start.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't DC just announce a lineup of movies like Marvel did?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: WB already announced the DC film line up but I agree with some users who say WB should take it slow because they haven't always had the best track record for DC Comic films. I hate to admit it but Nolan's Batman trilogy revamped the DC film franchise but after Green Lantern got chastised (it wasn't completely horrible) and flops like Jonah Hex, Catwoman and Steel; the WB is skating on thin ice when it comes to pleasing DC fans.

I think they should go the same route as Marvel did even though some users don't agree. They should introduce each core member of the Justice League and then do a Justice League movie. Batman is being reintroduced thanks to Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice then a follow up with a Wonder Woman movie. With the Wonder Woman movie, the writer can dive into two origins at once. One being Diana and the other being Aquaman. It would actually be an awesome movie. Ares and Ocean Master starting World War III between the humans, Atlanteans and Amazons.

As for the Flash, I would introduce him along with Shazam because the writer can always say the same lightning bolt that transforms Billy Baston, can be the same lightning bolt that strikes Barry when he is in his crime lab. The villains can be Black Adam and Weather Wizard.

Lastly, the writer for Green Lantern reboot would simply have to learn from the mistakes of the original. The animated Green Lantern movie First Flight was actually well written because Hal got to travel through the vastness of space and take on intergalactic criminals. The GL reboot writer should take Hal on cosmic thrill ride rather than confining him to just Earth like they did in the original.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: I agree with all you have said. WB/DC are good at making TV shows and video games but their movies are just lackluster. They should really focus more on the storyline and make people want to watch the movies. They need professionals involved in these upcoming movies.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RavenVice01

@zhurong: What do u think about Brainiac being the villain for the Justice League movie? Its a much better idea than Darkseid but I would have luv to have seen the Injustice League instead.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: Brainiac? Eh, I guess that's a good choice but I would had picked Amazo or Despero. Injustice League is a great idea too. The game had a good storyline for them.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny, how for all those years Warner Brothers didn't feel comfortable making even one Wonder Woman movie. Now that the market has been saturated by Marvel they're trying to jump in the game.

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Where did you get this?

I thought the list of movies WB announced said only 1 WW movie.. I assumed the other 2 movies Gal would be in would be the Justice League movies.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: Maybe back then they felt insecure about the idea of a woman who can kick ass and look good doing it on film (tomb raider being the exception) but now their views hav changed.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: Maybe back then they felt insecure about the idea of a woman who can kick ass and look good doing it on film (tomb raider being the exception) but now their views hav changed.

They really felt insecure about her origin story apparently.

Maybe WB just got scared of making a female led movie since Supergirl bombed. >__>

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saint_Sophie
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: the only way that catwoman movie would hav been a success is with black mask, firefly and clay face being involved since this catwoman is taking on a corrupt cosmetic firm

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers