WB MOVES VERTIGO PROPERTIES TO NEW LINE

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Warner Bros-owned DC Comics imprint Vertigo movie titles are going to come under the auspices of New Line Cinema, I’m told. Warner Bros has its hands full with Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and all of the other tentpole pictures they are planning from DC titles, and so it would make sense for the Vertigo titles to be steered under Toby Emmerich and Richard Brener. The Vertigo titles are considered subversive compared to the WB-steered DC Comics titles with those venerable superheroes.

Maybe the appropriate film on which to launch a dedicated Vertigo label would be Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman, which Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been wrapped up in as director and star since he made his helming debut with Don Jon. Deadline scooped his involvement in the project two years ago. That project, a revered title by Gaiman which fanboys have waited years to see, has a script by Jack Thorne. Other titles in that constellation include Constantine, Preacher and Lucifer. That move is expected imminently, I’m told.

Deadline

There are some exceptions. Shazam, which has been in development at New Line with Dwayne Johnson attached to star, remains at New Line.

Justice League Dark, which is also known as Dark Universe, will remain under the Warners banner. Dark consists of DC’s supernatural heroes such as Constantine, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, and Deadman among others. In the past, Constantine and Swamp Thing and some of those ilk had their own titles published under the Vertigo imprint but have since been integrated into the DC Universe. The movie version will attempt the same.

Dark, the adaptation, was to have been directed by Guillermo del Toro, but insiders say the filmmaker, who is working on a sequel to Pacific Rim even as he preps his gothic horror movie Crimson Peak, is no longer attached to the project.

THR

Guess WB finally realize the money that CBM will give them! I believe we are getting more CB Movies in the new few years. The only sad news is that GDT might not be directing JLD.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Makes sense. No complaints.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

I actually don't want a Sandman movie. I would prefer to see it as a TV series; frankly, I think most Vertigo titles are better as shows than movies.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jedixman said:

I actually don't want a Sandman movie. I would prefer to see it as a TV series; frankly, I think most Vertigo titles are better as shows than movies.

^this..but I was really hoping for a JLD movie

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good it's better for both vertigo and DC property's

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points