• 177 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36455 posts) - - Show Bio

With Man of Steel 2 already announced and the talent behind Man of Steel confirming other famous characters exist in its world (I spotted at least two easter eggs, by the way), it's clear Warner Bros. is seeking to create a universe which connects its DC properties. According to The Wrap, WB is "kicking the tires" on possible solo films for Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

Furthermore, the website claims the studio is going to release the second Man of Steel movie before tackling Justice League -- a project they say people at WB unofficially acknowledge is under development. After the cast is introduced in the team-up film, they would then begin to release solo films for these characters who are relatively lesser-known to the general audience. Yeah, people know of Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Flash, but beyond their aliases, costumes and basic powers, I imagine most non-comic book fans have minimal knowledge of these characters. A team-up would serve as a great introduction and hopefully boost interest in seeing more from the various Justice Leaguers. Only time will tell how this will all play out, but after seeing Man of Steel, I'm psyched to see what Warner Bros. will throw our way.

Source: The Wrap

Staff Online
#1 Edited by The Stegman (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

Until I see something other than rumors and speculation, something like an actual director, screenwriter and potential cast, I'm not getting my hopes up on these nor a JL movie.

#2 Edited by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Copying Marvel, huh? That's original.

They should do it the other way around IMO. Team, then Solos. Anyway, they may start to get repetitive if they all try to be Man of Steel.

Good luck to Warner.

#3 Posted by leokearon (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

Same old stuff we have been hearing since Iron Man 1 came out, no actual news or info

#4 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't believe anything you read about Warner Brother's superhero films until we get official announcements at San Diego Comic Con next month. The studio won't make official plans until the box office receipts from this weekend are in.

#5 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlantis and Greek mythology make for such potentially good stories I Think if they get a good script they can really work well. Come on WB get on it!

#6 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a plan. Let's hope that we start to see some announcements in the weeks following Man of Steel.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32864 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm I'll believe it when it's on my tellybox

#8 Posted by TommytheHitman (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope an Aquaman film goes well...

#9 Edited by AlKusanagi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Obligatory "LOL, Aquaman!"

#10 Posted by MP_SimonWilliams (19 posts) - - Show Bio

An Aquaman movie? From HBO's Entourage plot line to reality.

Let's see if they can get James Cameron to direct it (just like in Entourage). And always save a part for Johnny Drama. "Victory!!!"

#11 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (364 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they get on MoS 2 and JL quickly, because I dunno if the general audience will still be so superhero happ in 5 years!

Then again... I already said a similar statement 5years ago, so...

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

They're really going to have to work to sell Aquaman.

#13 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

I have stopped judging and speculating...ill take anything :(

#14 Posted by noj (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: did you actually read the article? That's exactly what they're doing. They will release Man of Steel 2 THEN a Justice League movie followed by the solo films.

#15 Edited by Black_Claw (2915 posts) - - Show Bio

They really need to give Wonder Woman her own movie. There's no excuse to why she doesn't have one by now since she's a part of the big 3.

#16 Posted by Barkley (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13:

you know justice league came first in the comics the avengers are copy of them.....interesting

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

An Aquaman film can either really cool or another green lantern

#18 Edited by BuNKiTZ (160 posts) - - Show Bio

They should do it the other way around IMO. Team, then Solos. Anyway, they may start to get repetitive if they all try to be Man of Steel.

Good luck to Warner.

That's what the article said. Justice League movie THEN solo movies.

#19 Posted by millennium (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: if im not mistaken their going to do the team movie first then the solo films because that was what was said in the this article

#20 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman yes

WW not sure

#21 Edited by Birthright (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Throne of Atlantis?

#22 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7598 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Wonder Woman films?

#23 Edited by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd watch a Aquaman movie. Probably a WW movie if I was in the mood for it

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope things go well. i want to see this movie.

#25 Edited by Reignmaker (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck to Warner.

I really don't see how Aquaman would be anything like Man of Steel. Wonder Woman, maybe. It depends whether they take a page from the New 52 version or not. I'm hoping they do.

#26 Edited by ultimatepunchrod (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really love an Aquaman movie done right. It'll be hard to do, but it's definitely possible.

#27 Posted by fables87 (948 posts) - - Show Bio

PLEASE MAKE A WONDER WOMAN ALREADY! I'd really like an Aquaman move too. Batman and Superman had their huge movies (more then once), so lets see some other DC heroes please. Flash maybe too.

#29 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be happy if they put out the JL movie before, it would be good to introduce all the characters then continue forth. This all holds promise and I doubt all the movies will feel similar, and as most ppl have said, getting aquaman to top the box office will be a challenge.

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

What about another Batman film and is Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds) in this universe?

#31 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman AND Wonder Woman?!?! Pinch me I must be dreaming!!!!! I say this because I always wanted a Wonder Woman movie and the fact they are even considering Aquaman is just awesome!!!! However THIS needs to be Aquaman's theme

#32 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Better hurry the f**k up WB.

#33 Posted by dondave (34615 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really love an Aquaman movie done right. It'll be hard to do, but it's definitely possible.

#34 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they do it right, but I'm very sceptical.

#35 Edited by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Aquaman and WonderWoman are definitely two of the more visually interesting heroes that need a live action film for people to take them seriously.

#36 Posted by Mild_Karl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Same old stuff we have been hearing since Iron Man 1 came out, no actual news or info

Basically.

#37 Edited by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to see a solid animated film before I see a live action Aquaman movie. I think the Buuch said it best when he said Wonder Woman needs to be both amazingly hot and built enough to kick ass convincingly.

#38 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Doing an Aquaman film is going to be tough since I'm guessing most parts of the movie has to be taken place in the ocean. A Wonder Woman film is going to take time, but finding an actress to play her is going to be a bit tough; she has to be tall, beautiful, and athletic.

#39 Posted by detective38 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91: me too man I am always scepical of comic based films and not very often am I proven wrong. Everyones hype over comic movies seems to be far more important than loving the actual comics

#40 Posted by MuyJingo (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most people are familiar with Wonder Woman through the TV show and...I'm not sure. But in my experience of people not into comics, Wonder Woman is pretty well known. Aquaman and Flash far, far less so.

I'm glad DC is finally doing this...the only thing I don't like is the more realistic take. I really wish they would make them more comic booky like Marvel has done -- the perfect balance IMO.

Really hoping to see a Batman in the grey, rather than crazy armor.

#41 Edited by ravisher (673 posts) - - Show Bio

would love to see aquaman

but people who dont even read comics think all he does is talk to fish

#42 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work k4tzm4n! It had been along while since I heard any news about my Wondy's CW show and I was begining to wonder what was going on.

#43 Posted by Chibi_cute (4482 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman? maybe yes. Wonder Woman? NO.

No matter WB do they can't please Wonder woman fans.

#44 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

They really need to give Wonder Woman her own movie. There's no excuse to why she doesn't have one by now since she's a part of the big 3.

She hasn't been pushed or publicized like Bats and Supes. I think the next film should defiantly be Wonder Woman. Maybe instead of a new (yet another) animated Batman show, they should have went with Wonder Woman. She doesn't really feel like shes part of the "trinity". I say "trinity" with quotation marks because as much as I hear about DC's "trinity", I never see it. All I really see is a duo, Batman & Superman. It's a crime how little she is used by DC. I know I'm supposed to respect her and see her as part of the "trinity" but DC's "trinity" doesn't...really exist.

Bring on the Wonder Woman, Aquaman can wait.

#45 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@detective38: It's not so much that for me, it's that they've tried to do Aquaman and Wonder Woman in the past and failed, and I'd rather them leave them alone than that happen again.

#46 Edited by yo_yo_fun (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome news!

I can't wait to see how this will all play out.

If they make a solo Wonder Woman movie, I'd be even more happy.

Come on Warner Bros! Don't be scared of her!

#47 Posted by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm strangely excited for an aquaman movie.

#48 Posted by Ghidoran (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: This is actually, sadly, true. The hardcore purist WW fans are the worst.

#49 Posted by sentryman555 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Really I'd be more excited for a World's Finest movie over a Justice League film. You could focus on the friendship of Bruce and Clark and use that to lead into a JL movie. This was my problem with Avengers. Tony and Hulk became best friends after working on a project together for an hour?

#50 Edited by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should do a sinestro corps war movie