WB can make as many live action interpretations of a DC character as they like.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Benk111

WB can make as many live action interpretations of a DC character as they like. I believe that WB can use as many live action versions of characters as they like. It would not tie them down at all as long as they do them well and make them different from one another as possible. This has been done before with non-comic book characters just not at the same time in so many instances. I do not think that this would be different if WB did make the same characters show up at the same time in movies and TV shows. Through comic books and movies making the same characters be different through different interpretations has worked it would not be different now.

There are so many versions of Robin Hood that have been displayed. See how Robin Hood: men in tights and the Russell Crowe version are different in many ways. One was campy and funny while the other though not very well was more serious and took away what defined Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Another thing to think about is how many ways characters can be presented and how film and television characters can make those characters different. This goes on in more than just the Robin Hood character others like Godzilla and the three musketeers have gone under many different characterizations on the big screen.

Characters have been displayed in so many different ways in the comics. There are alternate versions of characters like all-star superman, red son superman and kingdom come superman; this can work because not every alternate take has to be so different from the usual take on the character. See how superman and batman have changed over the years and remained mainly positive throughout their continuity while remaining the core essential elements of the character, now superman is not anything like he was when he was first created but he has maintained a somewhat consistent background to him for the past few decades.

There is a difference between superhero movies and superhero TV shows. Superhero TV shows usually have a team set up relying on each other to help them out even in cartoons like the ultimate Spiderman. Superhero movies usually have a solo set up where the superhero is on his own. Show like agents of shield, arrow and the flash are different than the movie set up even more so than just having team based set up. TV shows have a whole season to tell a story and continue to build a storyline for an entire season. Movies tell an adventure that lasts a couple of hours.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I don't really think it'll be that big of a problem. So far, The Flash is the only character that will be in both places, but he just has a CW show, that isn't watched by that many people. But yeah if they keep them different enough, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. And if we want to be really nerdy, we can just say it's a multiverse.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@eyedcyou said:

I don't really think it'll be that big of a problem. So far, The Flash is the only character that will be in both places, but he just has a CW show, that isn't watched by that many people. But yeah if they keep them different enough, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. And if we want to be really nerdy, we can just say it's a multiverse.

True.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Don't forget Deadshot. And Harley if we're getting really technical.

As far as the OP, seeing as DC isn't going the route Marvel is and integrating it's TV and movie lines, I'm cool with getting both a big screen and small screen version. I like both the big screen spectacle as well as the small screen time for characterization and detail.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By EyeDCyou

@risingbean: Well yeah, but Deadshot/deathstroke/Harley will no longer be appearing in Arrowverse.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I knew Harley wouldn't go beyond a cameo. I'm not sure what info they put out on Deadshot and Deathstroke (No need to spoil, I'll figure it out later. I'm behind on the show due to tech issues. I'll catch the rest of the season on DVD.) I'll say that unless they killed those two off in some badass villain fashion (In other words are leaving plot lines hanging) I'm not pleased with that decision.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eyedcyou: Manu Benett hates where Deathstroke went in S3 but...

Arrow Showrunners have said Deathstroke isn't off the table...

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Saint_Sophie

They could, but there's a time to draw the line. Ex, 10 different Hal Jordan's all appearing in 10 different shows, that are all airing at the same time with each one being uniquely crafted to be different from the other.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie