Watch the New Godzilla Trailer

• 154 results
BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@fallbrigade: yeah plus the scene right after shows it fall into the water with it's wings closed, and the size/shape of the wings look more like Rodan's but they are silver/metal so it could be something else entirely

Tsathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

>< I can't wait....It makes my legs quiver when I watch the trailer @@

Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks sick.

Is the idea that nuclear tests in the Pacific were actually attempts to kill Godzilla (et al.) part of the existing Godzilla mythos, or is it new to this film? I found that really intriguing.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Does this look familiar?

No Caption Provided
Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bigger than I thought.

The V0id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no shot of the other monster. Why do people at Comic-con get to see everything before everyone else?

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow wow oh wow.

Matthew Broderick, eat your heart out.

That's a lot of fish!

sonova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This....

WASmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of skeleton is that at 1:44?

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@cuboid said:

Looks sick.

Is the idea that nuclear tests in the Pacific were actually attempts to kill Godzilla (et al.) part of the existing Godzilla mythos, or is it new to this film? I found that really intriguing.

no its new, previously it was the test that created him

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@cuboid said:

Looks sick.

Well considering Godzilla was meant to represent the Nuclear destruction of Japanese cities then yes and it always has.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By mak13131313

So much devastation! This is going to be awesome!

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw yiss

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Kal'smahboi

This looks terrifying and awesome. I can't wait!

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By those_eyes

Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming.

It's here brah! Its here.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLEASE DONT SUCK! PLEASE DONT SUCK! PLEASE DONT SUCK!

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By munkieKONG

@crom_cruach: because there's no way you can make a good movie that's only about Godzilla Smash!!

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how introducing all these human characters is going to make it interesting. Look at that cast list. It should be at least halved so as not to take away the focus from the real lead, Godzilla.

We don't want another Godzilla 1998, I really hope they don't fck this up...

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wet dream right here.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla to Heisenberg:

"Stay out of my territory. "

Walter is selling pure meth to godzilla . that is why he is rampaging..

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main ways they can f this up is if they focus too much on the humans and not make this primarily about Godzilla. Or they do focus on Godzilla but lowball him the entire time against the other monsters. Godzilla is meant to be the king and nothing should keep him down. If this turns into Godzilla needing help from the US to defeat the monsters I'm going to gripe.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so afraid of this turning into Cloverfield where you only see the huge rampaging monster for 2 minutes of the films.

I hope not.. cause there will riots going out.. on godzilla fanboys.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By those_eyes

@sonova: @bunkerbuster05: @mak13131313: @munkiekong: @experio: @experio: @the_v0id: @cuboid: @wasmiley: @tsathy: @lyrafay: @chibi_cute: @bigl: @chibi_cute:

@lordofthenorth said:

The main ways they can f this up is if they focus too much on the humans and not make this primarily about Godzilla. Or they do focus on Godzilla but lowball him the entire time against the other monsters. Godzilla is meant to be the king and nothing should keep him down. If this turns into Godzilla needing help from the US to defeat the monsters I'm going to gripe.

This officially went down as most anticipated movie of 2014 more than winter soldier and guardians of the galaxy. But eremember what I wrote about the possibility of them f'ing this up.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

PEOPLE SHUT THE F__K UP, THERE MUST BE IN DEPTH HUMANS AND CHARACTERS, OR ELSE PEOPLE WILL WRITE THE FILM OFF AS SOMETHING LIKE BAYFORMERS

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: One thing i don't understand is that that japanese guy stated.. in 1954 they have awoken something... and that the nuclear test wasn't a test.. they were trying to kill..it. so could this be possible.. godzilla wasn't born of nuclear radiation.?

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MasterBelmont

Can you say NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD? That was freaking awesome! Was the biggest Godzilla fan back in the day, and all my childhood happiness is coming back. Hope this movie's as awesome as it looks.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By those_eyes

@chibi_cute: I think they are going with a different route. That Godzilla is an ancient creature that was always there and they woke it up after they were drilling for something. Idk but as long as they get the rest of the movie right It won't bother me that they changed Godzillas origin. The big picture is that the humans were trying to bend nature to their will and that backfired. What I believe will be the plot is that humans kept using earths natural resources to the brink and went drilling in the water to get more resources from nature and that for over millions of years evolution has created creatures to wipe out humans for their way of using nature. Godzilla wakes up after more drilling and bombs along with other monsters but somehow Godzilla will have a change of heart or something for the humans and kill the other monsters.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Godzilla: (bitchslaps Zilla) THAT'S how you wreck New York, punk!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#81  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@wasmiley said:

What kind of skeleton is that at 1:44?

A big one

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Does this look familiar?

No Caption Provided

GAMERA! I hope they do an eventual reboot for him, too, and there can be a crossover with him and Godzilla.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By those_eyes

Can you say NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD? That was freaking awesome! Was the biggest Godzilla fan back in the day, and all my childhood happiness is coming back. Hope this movie's as awesome as it looks.

No Caption Provided

Dat Height........Dat Size.........Dat Epicness!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My excitement level just went from "Meh" to "HOLY SH*T!!!"

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

what monster in the godzilla mythology has thing thingy thingy

Megaguirus looks kinda close.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ccraft

@ccraft said:

Does this look familiar?

No Caption Provided

GAMERA! I hope they do an eventual reboot for him, too, and there can be a crossover with him and Godzilla.

Gamera would be awesome, I was referring to the trailer where it shows a monster destroy a train! Maybe it's Gamera :P

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: I think they are going with a different route. That Godzilla is an ancient creature that was always there and they woke it up after they were drilling for something. Idk but as long as they get the rest of the movie right It won't bother me that they changed Godzillas origin. The big picture is that the humans were trying to bend nature to their will and that backfired. What I believe will be the plot is that humans kept using earths natural resources to the brink and went drilling in the water to get more resources from nature and that for over millions of years evolution has created creatures to wipe out humans for their way of using nature. Godzilla wakes up after more drilling and bombs along with other monsters but somehow Godzilla will have a change of heart or something for the humans and kill the other monsters.

That sounds Lame man.. Godzilla is supposed to be born of nuclear radiation.. it represents japan facing nuclear disaster. during the past.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By Superguy0009e
Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It already shows improvement over the 1998 version, in that it's showing Godzilla to be a force of nature that can't be killed with conventional weapons. Multiple nukes seemingly couldn't stop him. Way better than having the monster taken out with a few missiles.

Seriously though that always annoyed me, even as a kid, how easily Godzilla ended up being dispatched.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Wow. This trailer. Epic.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Sounds like Godzilla is a metaphor for Global warming/Industrialism?!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dat roar son

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There seems like an airborne monster. I don't think Godzilla was the one downing all those fighter aircraft.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

That sounds Lame man.. Godzilla is supposed to be born of nuclear radiation.. it represents japan facing nuclear disaster. during the past.

Lol I know its lame but it has already been confirmed that they are not going that route of Godzilla being born from nuke radiation. I just realized since they are doing that, that Godzilla may not have his nuke breath beam. Which will suck.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The other monster in the film is supposedly a new character called "Mutos" or something. I am not sure WB was able to secure all the rights of all the Godzilla monsters as TOHO was kind of weary of letting them making this film after 1998s outing.

WASmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for victorvondoom_1
VictorVonDoom_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: They are insect like monsters. Godzilla will end up being the exterminator. Mutoswillbe the first momonster Godzilla fights and then at the end of the movie there will be another monster (possibly Gigan) that comes at the end and then they start to fight.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Awesome