• 72 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36405 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman or Superman? It's a classic question and something still debated on an hourly basis here in the Comic Vine forums. But what do movie stars -- many who are connected to Marvel films -- think about the two legendary heroes? Total Film decided to ask the question to over a dozen people during various press events and clipped all of the replies together. So, who does everyone side with? How does Tom Hiddleston think Superman vs. Thor would go down? Watch the video below to find out!

Which response did you like the most, Viners? Let us know below.

Source: Total Film

Staff
#1 Edited by The Stegman (23041 posts) - - Show Bio

"A hammer on hope"

best quote

#2 Posted by ColaNicole (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun video. Some votes based on clueless people but hey. Hemsworth didn't want to admit he would get an ass kicking.

#3 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

lois lane

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23041 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun video. Some votes based on clueless people but hey. Hemsworth didn't want to admit he would get an ass kicking.

I think Hemsworth knew Superman would win, but he couldn't say it given the circumstances, lol.

#5 Edited by cdw101 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is just kind of a rich prick! ha! couldn't have said it better myself!

#6 Posted by kingofhearts9374 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL a hammer on hope. take that

#7 Posted by anandak47 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a Superman fan but I didnt expect the vote to be this close. I guess there are a lot more Superman fans than I thought.

P.S. - Superman kicks Thor's ass any day of the week.

#8 Posted by Wilbertus (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting how they only talk about movies as source material for their opinions. I think the question really comes down to: is there prep time or not?

#9 Edited by ColaNicole (572 posts) - - Show Bio
@anandak47 said:

I am a Superman fan but I didnt expect the vote to be this close. I guess there are a lot more Superman fans than I thought.

P.S. - Superman kicks Thor's ass any day of the week.

There's alot of Superman fans. Some of those votes were based on people who remember Batman but not being a fan. Most of Supermans came from people wanting to be him as a kid. Batman with his three recent films and video games gives him a big boost aswell. That and his own series is better than Superman comics, no thanks to Lobdell.

#10 Posted by nappystr8 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing is, I think I would vote for Batman, but I really wanted the stars to choose Superman,and was impressed with the stars who did. I don't know what that says about my psychology. I guess it's that Superman stands for something greater, and even though I am generally bored by the character, I really respect that.

Harrison Ford's response was definitely the best though. Both because his disdain for superheroes is hilariously evident and because he's clearly high.

#11 Posted by Black_Claw (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

"Batman is kind of a rich prick"

This line made my day.

#12 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8 said:

Both because his disdain for superheroes is hilariously evident and because he's clearly high.

Haha yeah I've heard he takes medication in interviews to calm down. If you watch some of his interviews on Conan he's hilariously spaced out.

#13 Posted by anandak47 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@colanicole: Well I guess Soule, Snyder and Pak are cleaning up the mess Lobdell and DC have created in general. Its a good time to be a Superman fan.

#14 Posted by Onemoreposter (3938 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I really like how humble an honest HIddleston and Hemsworth were on the subject of Superman and even Superman vs. Thor. Respect.

Anyone else think Jamie Foxx was high? I loled pretty hard at his Zod Impression.

#15 Edited by RustyRoy (10900 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ Kat Dennings' reply

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting how they only talk about movies as source material for their opinions. I think the question really comes down to: is there prep time or not?

oh god. not the prep time argument again.

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Lol @ Kat Dennings' reply

LOL. shes really funny, just 1 broke girl there.

#18 Edited by TheBhramaBull (241 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys, there's more on this, just for your interest. Batman pretty much stomps here. Surprisingly, I really agreed with what Evangeline Lily said:

#19 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, Harrison Ford...

#20 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know what miley sirus thinks. She's the one that matters.

#21 Posted by judasnixon (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

@cdw101 said:

Batman is just kind of a rich prick! ha! couldn't have said it better myself!

I know! Oh Johnny Knoxiville......... People don't know you used to be a Magazine Editor and Writer........

#22 Posted by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy said:

I want to know what miley sirus thinks. She's the one that matters.

I know your joking. But it would be nice to see her make a nice calm, totally not showy, confession.

#23 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32695 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold up, did those two hunger games dudes pick superman but it counted towards batman?

#24 Posted by LenSnart (157 posts) - - Show Bio

jamie foxx is awesome

#25 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15100 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ Harrison ford and when Tom was like "ooooooh That must've hurt"

#26 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold up, did those two hunger games dudes pick superman but it counted towards batman?

that's what I thought, but whatever.

This line made my day.

me too

@colanicole said:

I think Hemsworth knew Superman would win, but he couldn't say it given the circumstances, lol.

same

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

"Batman is kinda a rich prick"

hahahaha I love it.

#28 Posted by illmatic4177 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman marks crack me up, similar power levels but Thor has hundreds of years of battle and fighting experience? Thor would beat the snot out of Supes lmao.

#29 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why but i've imagined that Stan Lee wouldn't vote for Supes lol

#30 Posted by zombiecurbstomp (6 posts) - - Show Bio

There is actually a dc marvel crossover where Thor fought superman. And lost

#31 Posted by illmatic4177 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombiecurbstomp: That was by popular vote no? I believe a pre New 52 weak ass Aquaman beat Namor, and Wolverine somehow beat Lobo as well.

#32 Edited by illmatic4177 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one opinion, but this is a pretty rational debate. As rational as debates about fictional characters can be anyways lol.

#33 Edited by zombiecurbstomp (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@illmatic4177: no that was a completely different book. They have done like 3 of them. The one I am talking about was a short fight between everyone and then they worked together. Supes did admit that third gave him the hardest hit he has ever taken though

#35 Posted by illmatic4177 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OuPLTpAkWRQ

#36 Posted by tensor (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it

#37 Edited by StrangeMan (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Harrison Ford wins.

#39 Posted by tximinoman (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, Harrison Ford is OLD!

#40 Posted by fil123 (471 posts) - - Show Bio

if i had one wish, it wouldnt be to be rich or cure all illnesses or to end world hunger. No, it would be for a JL vs avengers movie (bale coming back to play batman) and of course im a producer.

#41 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone like Batman and Superman equally? lol I'm thinking I'm rare breed in that respect.

#42 Edited by Solomonwreath (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think that Jennifer Lawrence could play Wasp?

#43 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman all day eryyyday.

Most of the actors chose bats because he's "cooler" mostly because of the Nolan trilogy.

#44 Posted by clumsyninja (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a millionaire with a mansion or a journalist in a studio apt? I'll pick the millionaire with daddy issues.

#45 Posted by Protoflash (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how a lot of them just don't give a fuck.

#46 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Couple of things were noticeable.

1 - Some of them either didn't understand the question, or the question changed for certain people.

2 - MAJORITY of the opinions seemed to be formed by the movies, and given Batman getting so much more recent love there, it's not the most surprising result then. In saying that older actors seemed to be split among the 60's Batman TV show or the Donner films as their main motivator.

3 - "Because he's cooler" was the primary motivator for those who chose Batman (especially for the younger generations).

4 - Only one person referenced reading comics, unless I missed something, which was Stanley Tucci.

All in all, not a surprising result and the reasoning for most of them was pretty well what I would have expected of people choosing one or the other. My personal favourite response was Hiddleston's.

#47 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

This line made my day.

lol

#49 Posted by MonsterStomp (15826 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would smack Thor upside the head.

#50 Posted by patrat18 (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would smack Thor upside the head.

And step on his chest.